Reality check!

Where fate leads

"I know about your past."

Yoona was in loss of words. What did his boss meant knowing about her past? There is no way he knows what she and her had. Or could it be....No! Yoona can't bear with the thought. 

What will happen if what she is suspecting will come true? What was she gonna do? How will she face him again ? And what about her job? She can't just give up her source of living. Oh God!  can't she run from here.

Yoona was stilled on the outside. But inside she was battling a hurricane of thoughts. Noticing her spacing out, Nickhun called for her attention.

"Miss Yoona! Miss Yoona!" He waved his hand in front of her.

Yoona broke out of her reverie. She blinked confused and just responded with an equally confused 'huh'.

"Are you okay?" Yoona just nodded.

"So I was saying that I knew about your past." He continued

"Sir, I don't understood where you getting at. Last time I recalled there was nothing special to know about my past." Yoona defended.

He just relaxed in his seat and slightly smirked saying, "Is it now! I don't think so. But it is just like Yuri had predicted you to behave."

Now, what the hell! Where did Yuri came from in this whole conversation. And why are they even having it in first place? Where the hell is the client they were supposed to meet here?

"I am not sure where this conversation is heading and why my friend is mentioned in it. But I am not interested in whatever mind games you are trying to play with me here, sir." She dared mockingly.

Nickhun just shook his head,amused.

'It would have been better if you had this courage before.'He thought to himself.

"Very well! So let me get this straight and I want you to answer honestly, okay?"

Yoona anticipated the question. Looking straight into her eyes, he dared.

"Didn't  you and Seohyun loved each other?" 

Yoona visibly paled. She wasn't expecting that coming from him. Now what is she gonna do? Deny of course!

"I- i dont under-stand." Yoona stuttered.

"Stop act like you don't know. I am very well aware that you are just pretending."

"Then stop prying with me, will you?" She almost yelled annoyed.

"Only if you stop denying that,will you?" He countered back.

Yoona was getting irritated, not on him. It was because she was cornered and can't seem to find a way out of this confrontation. Her fists were balled under the table. She closed her eyes and started inhaling air, trying to get a grip on herself.

After composing herself she started.

"I don't know why all of a sudden we are talking about my past. This is totally unprofessional. And weren't we here to finalise the deal with our client. Where is he?"

Nickhun just sighed. It is going to be as hard as cracking a nut to confront this woman.

"Okay! Let me start from beginning and first of all ease your confusion."

"Look Yoona! There is no client coming here to meet us. It was just an excuse as I wanted to talk to you personally."

Oh ! Yoona thought. She was doomed now and can see no way out of it. So she braced herself, might as well try to go through this as much unaffected.

"What is it that you wanted to talk about?"

Nickhun was glad that she was at least ready to listen. So taking a breath he started.

"First of all, let me tell you about me and Seohyun. Both of our parents were business partners and friends. So we knew each other since a very long time. Although we weren't friends like our parents. I had always been away for studies. So I only had met her three times, at someone's party. Other than that we weren't getting along. But I knew she was a nice girl. Then when I finally came back after completing my studies I was working at another one of my father's company. It was new company and I needed experience and practical learning. So they handed me over that. Even if I made loss it won't be something of more concern. Anyways, so yeah after few months I started to get gist of everything and I ran it for almost close to two years. Then suddenly one day, my father asked me to get married." He eyed Yoona cautiously for any reaction while saying last part. She seemed to had stiffened a bit, but other than that, she was composed.

He continued,"You can very well guess whom he was talking about. Although the marriage was more like a business deal. My father was eyeing her fathers company to take over so that our business can expand. It would be easily done through a marriage. So my father proposed this to her father. Her father readily agreed. I was initially reluctant as we barely knew each other. But our parents left us with no choice. I also agreed thinking I need to get married at some point anyways. It's not like I was going find myself someone as I was never interested in dating and stuff. And Seohyun was also a safe deal for me as i knew she was nice person. So we got married within two months. I knew she wasnt much happy with our marriage. We never even had talked to each other and I only saw her directly at our wedding. She was so reluctant to say 'I do' and when we kissed. She didnt talked or look at me after that." 

Yoona felt bitter at the thought of her kissing someone else. But she it up and didn't react,just waited for him to continue.

"I thought she just needs time to get used to everything. Thought that with time she'll come around. But when I  didn't hear anything from her for two days even,  i became worried. Then I remembered her friend Jessica and contacted her. We met up and asked her for help. I couldn't understand the reason behind her state and why she was acting as she was depressed. It was then that I came to know about you both from Jessica. She told me that you both were in love with each other and that you left. That it had taken place about a year and half before. Around the same time when I had returned  from the states. I felt guilty for that."

Hearing that Yoona looked up at him confused. Seeing her confusion, he answered. "We never loved each other and if I had known about you then I would have protested for the marriage." Yoona was about to say something but he silenced her. "I tried to help her out but even after months of marriage no progress was made. She was getting worst everyday. It didn't felt that she was coping so I asked help from a doctor friend of mine. After meeting her and asking me some questions my friend concluded that she had fallen into heavy depression."

Yoona was shocked and went dry. She didnt know what to say or what to feel. Was this because of her too? Guess it was another one thing to add to her list of 'Why she didn't deserved Seohyun!'. The more she heard from everyone, the more she felt undeserving.

"I tried to help and both of your friends too. But nothing can even lessen the pain she was going through. It was obvious that her pain can only be gone if she gets back what she lost. Which is you." He completed.

Yoona said nothing for awhile. Too busy wrapping her head with all the information just received. After sometime she visibly gulped and just whispered.

"What do you want me to do then?" 

"Isn't it obvious what we all want from you? Me, your friends and even Seohyun herself. Or do I need to say it once more out loud?"

Yoona shook her head," What you all are asking me to do is not going to happen. I'm sorry!"

Nickhun was starting to get a little bit annoyed with her stubbornness. What does it 'll take to convince her? Even after knowing everything she is denying it.

"May I know why?" He asked with gritted teeth.

"Do you even know what you're saying? You are my boss. And she is your wife. YOUR WIFE! How can I now come into picture? And not only that, what about your son Jonghan?"

He was shocked to hear that name from her,"how do you know about him?"

"That's not important. Important is that how can I take away a wife and mother from two people?"

He stayed silent contemplating. Then after an audible sigh he answered, "He is not ours."

"What!?"

"He is not our son. He is my sister's. Her husband left her when she gave birth to him as he didn't wanted to take responsibility. And she can't take care of him alone. So he is under my care now. Infact, he is the only reason that Seohyun is still alive and coping. Without him I don't think she'll be alive still." He ended sadly.

It was getting too much for Yoona now. How much shock is she going today. She was already overwhelmed by the given information. She took her time with digesting everything. Then she started.

"Even if he isn't yours, you are his parent and so is Seohyun. If I did what all of you are asking me to do what will happen to him? Have you thought about the effect this all will have on the poor child? How are you going to handle him?" Yoona finished looking at him questioningly

"It will be all worked out.Right now Seohyun's well being is more important. And she will still be a mother to him. It is not like she won't be available for him after getting back with you. But she can only look after him if she is in good mental state."

Yoona was going to protest but he cut her off." Leave him to me. Everything will fall into place. But for now, just be selfish. If not for yourself then for her." 

He finished getting up. Yoona was left for the rest of the day  as he knew she wont be able to concentrate on anything. He offered her a ride but she declined. She wanted to be left alone with her thoughts, so she could sort everything out. 

So he left for his oen work and she trudged back to her home, with her twirling mind and heavy heart.