Truth unfolds

Where fate leads

Opening her eyes, Yoona found herself under a tree. Actually, getting up from her sleeping position, she discovered that she was surrounded by tall oak trees all around her. She realized that she was in a forest. How did she came here? She had slept in her apartment, if she remembered correct. Then how come she was here and where is she now?

Yoona looked around her but could barely make out anything. It was day, she can tell that because sunlight was seeping from between the branches. But the trees were so dense and many in number that it made to seem that it was night time. Everything was so dark except the sunlight seeping through. For that she was not able to find a way out of it. But she has to. She can't stay here forever. 

After much struggle, she found a path which was devoid of grass, and vegetation was less compared to its surrounding. It looked like the path was made because of being walked out by  many people. She followed the path. And in no time she was able to see a light at the end of it. 

She hurried down the road and came to a small opening. As she came to the other side of it, she was blinded by the bright light. She covered her eyes to protect it from blaring white light. After few minutes, she removed her hand and blinked few times. When her eyes got adjusted to the light she was able to make out an outline of someone at some distance away from her. Further noticing, she got to know that it was a girl with her long hair and back facing Yoona. Yoona was now in some kind of meadow like place and that person was sitting some distance away. Yoona walked towards the girl to ask for her help. When she was almost near her, she came to know that the meadow was followed by a large valley and the person was sitting at the valley's edge. The valley was too deep that she can't even see the land beneath. 

She was now careful to call out to the girl. She didn't wanted to startle her and make her fall down the valley. Slowly, she tried to gain her attention. 

"Excuse me miss! Can you please help me out of here?" She asked

The girl upon hearing her, turned around halfway and having a look at her face Yoona was stoned. She couldn't believe her to be in front and in a place like this.

"Se-Seohyun!? " she whispered astonished. 

Seohyun got up from her sitting position upon seeing Yoona. When she was sitting her shoulders were slumped and their was a sad aura around her. Even when she turned around, her face was full of misery and agony. Her eyes showed nothing but pain and sorrow. They were lifeless and empty. But as soon as she saw Yoona her eyes widened. 

That's why she stood up immediately, to face her. Now her whole being was lit up. Only happiness surrounded her and it reached to her orbs too . And God, she was looking so breathtaking. With the nature surrounded and the bright light deemed upon her, she looked out of this world, heavenly even. Yoona's heart rate accelerated. 

After taking in Yoona's appearance, Seohyun answered Yoona's question which she had asked to gain her attention.

"It will be you who will be helping me Yoona."

"What?" She couldn't understand.

Seohyun kept mum for few moments. Then looking at Yoona with hurt replacing her eyes she said,

"Why did you left me Yoona? Didn't you loved me? You not even considered me while making the decision. Why did broke my heart and made me suffer when I only loved you with everything I've got?" 

"It's not what you think Seohyun. Yes I left you, but it doesn't mean that i didn't loved you. I left you because I never wanted you to suffer because of me. What will your life had been like if we decided to be together?" She choked out. Voice trembling at the end.

Seohyun was about to say something but she lost her balance the next second. She stumbled few steps backwards and was about to fall into the valley. Reacting immediately, Yoona rushed to  catch her. But just when there fingertips touched and Yoona thought she got her, her hand slipped from her grasp and Seohyun fell. She fell asking for Yoona to save her. 

 

Yoona woke up panting heavily. Her breath heavy and she was covered in sweat completely. She got up and sat in her bed leaning on the headboard.

What a weird dream it was. More like a nightmare! She had uncountable dreams of her but never had one as such this. What could her dream meant? Why was she in such a strange place and why she found Seohyun in there? Okay maybe Seohyun was there in her dreams because of there brief encounter. And with the same pain and sorrow which she witnessed during their encounter. But Why did she said that Yoona was the one to help her?

Help her? How and with what? And the most terrifying part of the dream was Seohyun falling down and she was unable to hold her hand. She was still trembling from the scene. She still could see that terrified orbs flashed in front of her, looking at her expectantly. And her voice still echoed whispering "Save me Yoona!".

And that sentence repeated in brain innumerable times. What could all this mean? It surely was not her mind playing tricks or fabricating images. There has to be some hidden message in it. But what?

 

It was weekend and Yoona had nothing to do. How she wished she had work today. Because then there will be something to distract her from the dream which had been bothering her ever since. It played in Yoona's memory on repeat, like an endless film. The statement also was on repeat mode blaring in her ears. She was going crazy. It made her feel suffocated. She didnt knew what to do? 

Sure there was her friend whom she can call and discuss this. But she decided against it, as she knows her solution for this already. And honestly, she had no energy to deal with her right now. For the same reason she had been ignoring her calls since the event. It's a relief that Yuri didn't came barging on her door yet.

 

It's Sunday evening now, and Yoona had work the other day. To say she was in bad shape was an understatement. She was a total wrecked mess. She hadn't changed her clothes since yesterday, haven't done any work. Not even cleaning. She can't even remember if she had ate something or not. But it doesn't matter. All she can focus on was that dream and Seohyun's voice telling her to save her. It was all she had in her mind all that time. 

Yoona reached her office building much earlier than usual. She didnt get even a wink of sleep in the past two days. And it was proven by the underbags of her eyes. Her colour has also seemed to drain a bit. But she was okay with it. She just wanted to reach work so she can distract herself from that haunting dream of hers. She didnt even remember how she got herself to get ready and reach here. Everything was a blur.

She, nevertheless, got to work as soon as she reached her department.  She somewhat succeeded in her motives by burying herself in the pending files. 

 

After about an hour later, both Krystal and Victoria entered there. When they saw Yoona's back, they went to greet her. They called her to gain attention. But when she turned around, a horrified gasp left both their mouths.

"Yikes! What the he'll happened to you Yoona?" Krystal shrieked

"Yah! You look like a walking zombie." Victoria added

"Sorry guys! Didn't mean to scare you but I had not caught proper sleep in two days." Yoona replied and went back to do her work.

"You should take care of yourself Yoona. You look like a mess." Victoria stated and Krystal nodded.

"Yeah guys! Thanks for the concern though."

After that everything went normally as they all set back to their work.

 

It was again Friday, a whole week since she had that dream and saw Seohyun. Yoona still avoided everyone who wasn't related to her work. She still didnt answered Yuri or Jessica. She was so thankful that they hadn't bothered her much except for the phone calls. Probably understanding her state and need for space and time. So everything was going normally, as it should have according to Yoona. Only for so long........

 

On Friday evening, when they were ready to leave. Nickhun called for Yoona.  This whole week she had been avoiding encountering him too. It was just so weird for her now, knowing that he now the rightful partner for her one true love, her husband. It made her feel awkward and suffocated. So in all she tried to avoid her. Nickhun's tight schedule also helped Yoona staying away, without any kind of suspicion.

So now that he asked for her, she was reluctant. But getting no choice, she was heading towards his cabin. Her steps were heavy and every step she took was proving to be harder.

Reaching her destination, she knocked on the door. She entered upon hearing a faint 'come in'. Nickhun gestured her to take a seat against the desk on his front. When she settled in the chair he started,

"Miss Yoona! What are you doing tomorrow?"

"Huh?" Yoona was confused.

Seeing her confusion Nickhun explained, " actually, our client was impressed by the ideas you proposed for the new product's marketing. He wants to meet us tomorrow for lunch,you know....to finalise everything." 

"Oh!" Yoona understood. "But sir, it is not only my proposal of ideas. The whole team has worked on it. "

"But the brain behind it is yours, isn't it?"

'Well that's kinda true' Yoona thought but said nothing.

"So tomorrow, 12.30 pm. I hope you don't mind working on a day-off."

"Not at all!" Infact Yoona was glad, she has another distraction.

"See you tomorrow!"

 

Next day

Yoona was seated at an extravagant restaurant, which was very close to their office building. Nickhun secretary had texted her the address, as per his instructions. Now she was waiting for his boss and the client, on the reserved seats for them.

10 minutes after, Nickhun came in her view. He straight away headed towards the table she was seated at.

"Good morning! I hope I am not late?" Nickhun said smiling.

"Not at all sir. I just had arrived."

"Did you ordered something?"

Yoona shook her head no. So he ordered for both of them, despite of Yoona refusing he insisted.

While waiting for their orders to arrive, Nickhun started to converse with her.

"Miss Yoona. I believe you have met my wife, right?" He asked eyeing Yoona intently.

At the mention of her name, she took a sharp intake of breath.

Not able to say anything, she tightly smiled and nodded her head yes.

"How did liked her? I mean what do you think about her after you both met?" He asked with an expression she can't decipher. 

Struggling to answer she said, " she is nice."

"Just that? Nothing else? I am sure you might have observed her as it is one of your personality traits. From what I've known, you're naturally good at observing people. Isn't it?" He said giving her a hard look

Yoona couldnt understand why her opinion is important for her boss regarding his wife.

"I didn't get to know her much sir. She was busy. And why do you need to know so badly know about my opinion for your wife?" She asked a little irritated 

After a pause, Nickhun smirked and answered

"Because I know how important you both are to each other."

Yoona was confused and she looked at him for some explanation.

"I know about your past."

Those words were like a big rock thrown at Yoona.  Just what does he knows about their past? She hoped it all to turn unreal. She hoped to find herself in her bedroom somehow.

What on earth was happening with her? All this is so absurd. She could not cope with anything. Why her fate can't let her live in peace for once, for God's sake!? What now in store her fate has for her? Yoona just could not fathom.