I like you!

Where fate leads

It has been a month and a half since the park incident.After that day Seohyun and Yoona started to hang out together, even without Yuri sometimes. Yoona still had to open up to her, like she did with Yuri. But with each passing day their friendship was growing. Now Seohyun could even make Yoona smile or laugh sometimes. Although Yoona didn't talked much, as she was naturally a listener, Seohyun still managed to gain information from her one or the other way.

Both of their feelings were developing into something more than just as of friends day by day. The people around them could also say so. But it seemed that only Yuri was okay with this. Other than her, half of the people didn't bothered and the other half were definitely disliking it. But they can do nothing about it. Both were happy in each other's presence. While Seohyun was getting sure that she felt something different for Yoona, Yoona was confused. She felt something in her heart whenever she was with Seohyun but she could not figure out what. She was totally oblivious of her feelings. She was not one to blame though. How can she know about her feelings when she never had such closure with anyone in her life, except for Yuri. She only had her mother to call her own. Then she was all alone for a fair share of her life before Yuri came. This was first time she felt something like this and she wasn't sure whom to talk and how? 

On the other end, Seohyun was sure that she was beginning to like Yoona more than a friend. It was not yet that deep to call it love, but it was something more platonic with her. She can say so because she could see the difference when she was with her and when she was with someone else. With Yoona she felt more alive. She laughed more, she was happiest when she was with her, she didnt missed her parents much now, she was becoming more grateful of the things she had. But most importantly, that void that felt before was slowly disappearing because of Yoona's presence in her life. She liked being with Yoona. Because of her, she now has a reason to appreciate her own life, reason to look forward to each day of her life. And she could never be much more happier.

Yoona slowly had started to realize that maybe what she felt for Seohyun more than friendship. Maybe she was beginning to like, more than just a friend. This realization scared her immensely. Yoona felt happy when she was with Seohyun, and this happiness was different with what she felt with Yuri. Even after her friendship with Yuri for more than a year, she sometimes felt obliged. Yuri took the initiative of being friends with her, despite her rude behaviour. And Yoona was greatly thankful to her for that. But she had never been able to loosen up with someone as she did with Seohyun. She was always isolated from everyone, more so after her mother's death. She was shattered after that and had trust issues with people. She had worked so hard to get herself together, to fight her loneliness, to be independent, to accept her fate and building a cold facade, a wall around her that no one could break. Yuri surely had made that wall a bit tender but Yoona still don't let her guards down around her.

But Seohyun was different. She was breaking her walls and it scared her. Seohyun made her feel as she was important, as she means more to her than a friend should. Except for her mother, she never felt as if she held any importance in someone's life. That her absence would make any difference, even in Yuri's life.  She might be sad for sometime but she'll be okay. But in Seohyun's case, that was unlikely to happen. Yoona couldn't accept this fact. Therefore, she was in denial.She could not afford to let someone in in the circle she built around her, let herself getting attached. 

All her life she was deprived of feeling of happiness. And it hurt her like hell after she lost her only family. She was barely able to survive after that, but she won't be able next time if something like this happens again. So she was adamant on denying this fact. She will do anything in her power to stop this from happening. Because she knows that no one will be able to mend those broken pieces after she'll break apart. She will be rude to Seohyun, hurt her, hate her if required, but she won't let any kind of feeling develop between them.

Starting from the next day, Yoona started ignoring her as much as she could. She was determined to push Seohyun away. So whenever Seohyun offered to walk her to cafe or ask her to go somewhere with, she would always deny making excuses. Even if Seohyun forced her to come, she would only come if Yuri also joins them. She even started another part time job to fill up her free time. She didnt even cared about her health. She just wanted to busy herself so she could ignore Seohyun.

Of course, Yuri and Seohyun both noticed this. Seohyun felt how Yoona was trying to distant herself with her, detaching herself, her cold behaviour and her denial of being with her alone. It hurt and saddened Seohyun. Yuri also felt pity for her. Seohyun felt that all her efforts and progress were getting wasted. That she was getting in reverse direction instead of forwarding with her. As if they were getting back to square one. As if she didn't knew her anymore. And it frustrated her to no limits. Not knowing the exact reason as to why Yoona was doing this. She couldn't understand the reason being Yoona's aloofness.

It went like this for weeks, and Seohyun couldn't take it anymore. She had missed Yoona terribly for these weeks and she had had enough. She could not take Yoona's ignorance anymore and was determined to do something about it. She decided to talk to Yoona the first chance she gets.

So two more days after, Seohyun decided to follow her. She knew Yoona's shift had been cancelled today( Yuri helped her with that) and she was free. Seohyun followed her to some distance and when they reached to a less crowded street, a bit further than the building, she decided to approach her.

"Yoona wait" , Seohyun called.

Yoona stopped on her tracks not expecting Seohyun to follow her. She wanted to keep walking, pretending that no one was calling her, so desperately. But she could not even move. Within seconds Seohyun was in front of her.

"I want to talk to you" 

" I am busy, maybe later.", Yoona said as she tried to get away. But Seohyun blocked her way.

Yoona looked at her with irritated expression and again tried to go but Seohyun was not letting her.

"Stop Yoona. Hear me out."

"Let me go Seohyun. I have to go do my job."

"Don't lie. I know you are free for now. And I'm not letting you go away without a talk."

"Why are you being so stubborn? I don't want to talk right now so let go off me."

"Enough Yoona! Why are you ignoring me huh? Have I done something wrong? Did something made you upset by me? Tell me." Seohyun said with a pleading look

"It's nothing like that. I just wanna go home and I'm not ignoring you."

"I am not a fool Yoona. I can very well see how much you are trying to avoid me and push me away. Its bothering me.What's wrong Yoona please tell me."

"Don't act childish Seohyun. I told you I'm not ignoring you and nothing's wrong. Now please will you excuse me?" Yoona again tried to walk away.

And this time Seohyun trapped her by wrist and then she held a grip on both of her shoulders.

"You are not going anywhere unless we have a talk. You have been avoiding me since weeks. I don't understand what went wrong and it's driving me crazy. I don't want us to be strangers again. If something that I had done angered you then you can tell me. I promise to make it right. But please Yoona, don't do this to me."

Yoona felt bad for treating her like this. But she had not choice. She could not give in. So she tried once more.

"I am not angry at you and you have done nothing wrong. Please stop all this. You are creating a scene

"I don't care Yoona. All I care about why are you behaving like this if you are not angry with me. What is the problem? Tell me and we can solve it."

"Why does it bother you so much? What difference does it makes?" Yoona almost yelled as she was looking her control.

"Because I like you Yoona!" Seohyun shouted.

And with her saying that everything seemed to be on a standstill for both of them. Yoona was shockingly staring, with her heart racing, at her. Seohyun was trying to catch her breath and calm her heartbeats.

Once she was calmed down she started again with trying to sound sincere.

"I like you Yoona, I really do. I don't know since when. It just happened. All I know is that I feel happy and alive when I am with you. And never have I ever felt like that with anyone. And I don't want to let go of this feeling so soon. I want to give these feelings a chance, give us a chance. I am not saying I am in love with you but I definitely have feelings for you. I want to know what are those feelings and see where it leads us." Seohyun said it with sincerity without breaking the eye contact, hoping to convey the message of her heart.

She let go of Yoona and stood an inch afar from her when she was sure that Yoona won't try to escape.

"I understand that it is too much to take and you need time. I am willing to wait for that. But I am just asking for a chance Yoona.Please."

Yoona didn't said anything as she was trying to register everything that took place. Then she just composed herself, schooling her expression and left.

Seohyun wanted  her to say something, wanted to stop her. But she understood that Yoona needed time and she will give her that. She wished for everything to turn well. She went home wishing herself some luck.