Chapter 2.

Step up, only you

Early in the morning.


I woke up pretty early. Its not like i could sleep very much anyways Lee Taemin didnt leave my mind and i had to find out more about him. His dance movements arent on a level of someone who just dances as an hobby. I know what i am talking about i have seen some Dancer before and compared to all dance Instructor i saw till now, Taemin is on another whole level. 
I Stand up from my bad, brush my teeth take a shower and make a fast toast as breakfast. Today there arent any Morning lessons and my shift starts only at 10 am its 7:15 am right now. Right after finishing breakfast i go back into my room, sit on my study table, open up my notebook and search trough the Internet. Nothing so far, There is nothing about any "Lee Taemin" that fits his description. He must have learned to dance like that from somewhere. Just out of curiosity i visit Sm.Entertainments School of Art webside. Its the school i allways wanted to get into if my father didnt force me to do law instead... He never had the most Interest in what i ever wanted. He payed a lot of Money for one case against him to be put down one time where he had a car accident about 2 years ago. I heard the person driving the other car got badly injured but i never hear any more of this since it got a forbidden topic in my parents house. Here he goes paying money to go against law but forces me to study law myself. If it would be me i would never let the case down just because someone offers me money. After getting rid of my toughts about my father, i go trough the students list on Sm.Entertainments School of Art website till my eyes stop on one name,

"Lee Taemin, born 1993 (degree unknown)".

 

His degree is unknown? Maybe he didnt wanted for it to be public? Wait...maybe i can ask... 

 

~ Mobile phone starts ringing ~

 

Why in the worst moment my phone has to ring? I check the Callers Id


"Key"


Maybe it wasnt the worst but the best time! Hurredly i pick up the phone

 

 

"Key!!! how have you been?"

"Heey! Ive been pretty good! it hast been 3 Months since the last time i called im very sorry i couldnt call earlyer~ You know how it is with Album preparations."

"Its all right Key dont worry about it the most important part is that you are all right..."

 

Key and myself went both for 3 years to the same Highschool and since then we became very good friends. Our ways parted after he entered SM.Entertainments School of Art and i went to law school. We still kept some contact from time to time.

 

"by the way... you went to SM.Entertainments School of Arts right?

"Yes what about it? do you still want to enter and want me to give a good word for you? You know that you dont need that with the skill you have in dancing right?"

"Im very flattered by that Key but that is not what i wanted to know. Do you know someone called Lee Taemin? born in 1993 who went to School of Arts as well?"

"Lee Taemin? You mean THAT Lee Taemin?! For sure i know him! He was my minor by one year he skipped one class because of his awesome talent in dancing! After i debuted rightout from School of Arts i sadly lost contact with him. We were pretty close actually. What about him? Do you know him?"

 

So he does know Taemin! i knew asking Key was a good idea! So he even skipped one class? with that Talent no wonder.

 

"Yes i actually do know him he is my new dance Instructor at my Danceschool."

"Hahaha!! You didnt lost your humor!! Taeminie as your dance instructor in that shabby Danceschool! Thank you for that hillarious joke!!!"

 

*silence from my part...*

 

"Uhm...It was not a joke?"

"Of course it wasnt Key! He is my new dance instructor my old instructor went overseas for some movie audition. And you know i wouldnt joke about this you know how serious i am about dance and that you are the only one who knows im in a danceschool"

"I know you are serious hun... But...I would never imagine Taemin teaching at an unknown danceschool he should have debuted by know or teach dance somewhere of...how do i say... a place with higher standarts? No offense tho."

"I did think very strange of it after i saw him dance he is better then my old instructor...much better and on another level."

"I need to end the call now, your next dancelesson is tomorrow right? i will pick you up after wards we can go drink something and chitchat a bit."

 

After agreeing with Key i end the call and get myself ready to go to work. 


Work has been pretty exhausting the first two hours and i feel tired allready and still have 4 hours to go. I should have gone to bed sooner and stayed a bit longer in bed this morning. But its right the next Moment that my tiredness dissapears instantly because i cant believe my eyes, Taemin just finished entering the coffee shop. Wearing white ripped jeans, white top with a black leather jacket. there he stands looking so stunning that not only i but 2 girls sitting on a table sipping some coffee stare some seconds too long at him. The moment i "wake up!" from my staring is after i hear Taemin call my name. Looking at me surprised.

 

"i never expected you here, didnt saw you yesterday. So you work here?"

"Ah.. Yes i do. I worked only a afternoon shift yesterday... probably we missed each other?"

Oh no...i didnt mean it That way but now that i rethink my words mentally, they could mean something else.

"Probably thats it i was here around the same time yesterday."

"what would you like to have Taemin? 

"~ Your number ~"

"uhm what?"

"A hot chocolate please."

 

Or i did hear him wrong or my mind is playing tricks me. I just heard him say "your number".

 

"As you wish. We have the best hot Cocoas here. They are my favorite!"

"I see i will keep that in my mind."

 

What does he mean with keep it in his mind? Does he mean that the cocoa here is the best or the fact that its my favorite? 
I dont even ask him, finish his Cocoa and recieve his payment.

 

"See you tomorrow at dance class."

 

After saying that he leaves. And nothing more interisting happen on my shift.

 

After my next for hours i finally leave the "Le amour" behind sipping on my hot cocoa. Thinking about it Taemin seemed to really like his cocoa? he probably doesnt drink Coffee. I decide to go straight back home, prepare myself for bed after making some homework, and go to bed early. The day has been very exhausting.

Gladly the next day i have just school to attend since its my day off at the "Le amour" and decide to do some strolling around in the city. I find some knew confortable ripped jeans with some designs on them and buy them right away for danceclass.  i head off to my apartment to pick up my sports bag. Its still 16pm, one hour till Dance practice starts and i need only about 15 minutes to the danceschool and since this is the case i take another longer way to pass trough the little park that is around my apartment. From that route on i arrive at the backside of the danceschool. I stand completely still after seeing Taemin, standing against the wall, allready in his pracitce outfit. But what surprises me the most is the fact that he has his eyes closed and is silently whispering to himself while he... turns around an object he has on his finger? A ring? Before i can think more about it he opens his eyes, turns around and enters trough the danceschools backdoor. I enter trough the front door and see that yet again i still have about half an hour left so i head off to the changeing rooms, change into my new pans and the top i allways use at danceclass and go to the practice room to start with warm ups and stretching.

 

"May i Join you?"

 

I was so focused in my warm ups and stretching that i ddint even heard Taemin enter the room.

 

"Yes of course."

"by the way, your pans look... confortable"

"Uhm y.yeah they are very confortable."

 

Never in my sane mind would i think Taemin would commplement my new pans on any way...but...what about that pause he did there? Or did i just imagine it again? No this time i didnt imagine anything i clearly heard him pause as if he was searching for the right words... or tryed to say something else but didnt wanted to make it obvious?

 

"Hello to the both of you... oh wow look at you! those pans make you look hot as fck!"

 

Steve...he probably hit the nail right away...did Taemin wanted to say something like that as well?

 

"Well thank you Steve but no need to overdo it. I tought you gave up hitting on me?

"Never would i miss a chance like this babe."

 

When is the day coming i am going to get this Steve out of my life? Sure at the beginning it was flattering but it just got worse. He did stopped for some time to try to hit on me is this starting again? better not feed him with attention or i wont never get rid of his comments.

 

"Okay everyone is here, its time to start the class."

 

Taemin was a real savior right now.

 

Its almost 2 hours later that suddenly everyone started to cheer and shout to someone in the way back, Key just appeared and just started to dance together in our choreography. The same time the others are cheering i am stabbing daggers into him with my eyes. How can he just appear right here and make himself so obvious? did he forgot he is a debuted south korean star allready?

 

"Taeminie !!!"

 

He runs off to Taemin to give him a friendly hug. Taemin does seem surprised but very happy at the same time and returns his hug. Taemin excuses himself towards Key.

 

"Okay Everyone todays lesson stops here. We are making very good Progress allready i didnt tought it would be so fast. See you next Friday"

 

Everyone goes to the change rooms and after everyone is gone i see Taemins surprised look towards me as i walk straith to Key

.

"Are-You-Out-Of-Your-Mind ?! How can you just appear here out of nowhere and startle everyone like that?!

"But i told you i would come pick you up..."

"dont give me the "im innocent" talk Key!"

 

I stop arguing with him after seeing Taemins puzzled look on his face and feel embaressed.

 

"Right Taeminie! let me introduce you my sweetheart...but i do think you two know each other allready from dancepractice... We went to highschool together thats how the two of us know each other so dont be too surprised by the way she talks with me."

 

Well done Key...Now he must think i talk to you like this every time we see each other.

 

"By The way Taemin we wanted to go pick up a little drink after your lessons are you going to come with us? I would love to chitchat with you some more!"

"I am free today so... yes sure ill come"

"what are you waiting for hun go on get yourself changed or do you want to go to the bar all sweaty like that? Not that those pans look bad on you tho... They fit you very well, im proud!"

 

Key is right so i just turn around and go get myself dressed. I would love to keep the pans on now that i got complimented so much for them. I of course decide against it so i leave the change rooms 10 minutes later to run into a very strange conversation between Taemin and Key.

 

"But arent you all healed now? why dont you just pick up where you stopped? Why are you giving your talent to waste like that Taemin!"

 

I feel like i shouldnt hear all this so i distance myself from the practice room. "All healed" - "pick up where you stopped"? Even if i did the right decision in distancing myself i cant stop being curious about the conversation. Taemin is hurt? Injured? How? and where does he need to pick up from again? That is the moment i think back to the moment i saw Taemin practicing alone after dancelesson... His expression like he would be having a hard time while dancing and giving his all into the choreography...was he feeling hurt?

I distance myself from the door and wait outside for both of them. Key leaves the Danceschool first and didnt heard him talk to me at first.

 

"He went to get changed... is something wrong?"

"Huh? Ah no everything is allright"

"Are you sure? you seem kinda..absendminded?"

"No i am not Key... uhm... Im still mad for your sudden appearance, yes thats it!"

"If you say so ~"

 

At this moment Taemin comes back from getting changed, wearing black ripped jeans on the knees with a large top ripped on the back and leather jacket in his hand. He must have took a shower since his black hair is still a little bit wet.

We step inside Keys car, Taemin beside him in the front seat and i sit in the backseat. The ride stays pretty silent besides of Taemin and Key talking about theire time at SM.Entertainments art of School and other people i dont know about. I keep silent and dont meddle in theire conversations firstly because i dont know the people or topics they are talking about and secondly, cant stop thinking about that conversation i overheard.
40 minutes later we arrive at a bar, outside from town that some artists frequently visit since its out of town and not easy to be found. As we enter we pass a corridor with some signed pictures on the wall of some very famous artists known for years. After passing by the bar we sit on a Table and wait for a barkeeper to take in our orders. I order a cocktail with just a little bit of alcohol since i have lessons in the morning but need something stronger to hide my nervousness and swollow my toughts down. Sitting in front of me is Taemin while Key sits beside of me. For some reason the aura between them seem a little bit thick even if they were talking very well before in the car. If it has to do with the conversation they had at the danceschool? I need to stop thinking about this,take another good swallow from my Cocktail and its not going unoticed by Key.

"I never knew you liked to drink this much? You do seem kinda off i hope you know that." 

"I am not off at all! I...i do drink one cocktail from time to time."

"Oh yes sure. Says the Cocoa addict."

"Do you like Hot chocolate as well?"

 

Taemins question came so surprising i even put down my glass a little bit to fast by accident before i answer him full of embaressment.

 

"Yes i do...i drink it almost every day actually..."

"Well who do we have here? Good evening everyone."

 

A Tall...wait no... a not very tall person approached our Table. (Am i starting to see wrong?) He has raven brown hair, full lips and a bright smile. He does seem very Handsome.

 

"Jonghyun!! Heey how are you? You still remember Taemin right?"

"I am good! How could i forget our Taeminie? For sure i remember! How are you?"

 

Taemin and, as it seems, Jonghyun greet each other with a strong handshake and half Hug before i get introduced as well by Key.

 

"She is my precious gem! i told you about her before? the one who went to Highschool with me?"

"Oh the one who used to dance with you? i see nice to meet you im Jonghyun"

 

I reached out my hand for him to shake but get really surprised by him kissing the back of my hand.

 

"Uh... Nice to meet you too?"

"He was allways like that dont worry he acts like a womanizer when in fact he..."

 

Taemin gets interupted by Key being pulled over by Jonghyun and outside of his chair.

 

"So both of us still have something to discuss if you dont mind, Me and Key are going somewhere more "privately". See you around, plesured to meet you."

 

With that they both leave Taemin and me behind and enter a door somewhere in the back of the bar. I see what Taemin meant now. I do know that Key likes boys seems like Jonghyun is the same? My toughts get interupted by Taemin.

 

"So that is where you are used to dancing? Picked it up from Key before?

"yes i did practice wit him after his lessons at the School of Arts"

"I see."

 

I take another sip from my cocktail and see Taemin doing the same that is when i actually see he does wear a ring on his finger.

 

"You use rings?"

"Oh this? Yeah i am Catholic. This is a Rosary Ring. Its used to pray . Every ball has a significant prayer its the same as the rosary but this is more practic as its smaller and you can use it like this on your finger"

 

He turns the ring around with his Thumb. 

 

"I see thats interisting. My family is not religious at all and i dont know much about religion. But its good to see that there are still people out her with some faith."

 

He just nods to my statement but seems very content about it. He stares a little bit more on his ring with a soft but sad smile. I am scared to cut this topic but i am to curious to shut myself up before i talk.

 

"Its very important to you isnt it?"

"Yes i got it from my mother the day i was babtised"

"babtised?"

"Yes when you are small your parents can babtise you into a religion and get your own Catholic name. You can do it as an adult as well if you believe in any religion."

"so you have a Catholic name as well?"

"Yes. Its Fransesco."

"Fransesco? ...That sounds very European?"

"It is! Its an Italian name"

 

At this moment Key comes back with jonghyun to our table but doesnt sit down. His clothing is a little bit...messed up? at least for his standarts.

 

"This is probably going to take a little bit longer. Taemin do you still live at the same place?"

"Yes i do. Why?"

"Awesome! I leave the Keys for my car here. If you dont mind, could you take her home and jonghyun drives me to your place tomorrow morning to pick up my car? you would do me a huge favor"

"Oh i can just take a bus or something its allright."

"Yes sure its allright ill take her home. Do you even know where you are? there are no busses here to go home."

 

As fats as Key and Jonghyun appeared, as fast they dissapear again and me and Taemin decide to go on home since i have school tomorrow and he needs to do something in the morning as well.

 

I sit in the front seat this time besides of Taemin and try to be as chilled about it as he is. Or at least seems to be. His arms flex while he turns around the stering wheel. It looks so mesmerizing. I get surprised by Taemins question afterwards.

 

"So where do you live?"

"Ah...You know the little park near the Danceschool? I live on the block right behind that park"

 

without much thought, almost arriving at home i ask him the Question that has been on my mind all the time since i first saw him dance.

 

"Why do you teach at our Danceschool?"

 

~ Silence ~

 

"I mean... You dance really well and you know people like Key and Jonghyun..."

"So do you."

 

That answer says everything. He doesnt want to talk about it. I knew i shouldnt have asked about it why does my curiousity allways brings me into such situations? 

Before i know it we are in front of my door. Taemin stops the car and let me get off.


After saying a short "Good night." he just leaves.

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Thank you very much for reading my second Chapter. I appreciate your comments and opinions.

Wish you a great weekend, with best regards,

 

K-PopFanfics