Chapter 1.

Step up, only you

I am a 24 year old University Student at Seouls School of Law ...but not because i want to be more like my parents forced me to do it. They said i should do something in Life that really matters. Dance matters for me the most but they would never understand that. I just left todays lesson, am on my way to my workplace downtown at the Coffee Shop "Le amour" and cant wait to get into the danceschool i actually enrolled in without my parents knowing. Its not a well known danceschool but i couldnt take dancelessons at a place where my parents could easyly find me. Autumn is almost gone and the winter is coming but it is allready very cold. After driving the bus for about 20 Minutes i arrive at the little new opened coffee shop. I choosed this workplace as well because its still not very known since it opened only about a year ago. I work here for 3 months now and i really like the fact that it doesnt get too full during the day but the mornings can be a little bit tough since everyone picks up a coffee to go before they go to work. Today i work only a little afternoon shift since i had lessons in the morning. 

 


My shift finished 5 hours later. I pick up my bag and jacket to head out but not without my beloved hot Cocoa. Truth be told, i never drank a cocoa better then this one we sell at the "Le amour" so its kinda a little treat for me my boss is considerate of me being a student and gives me it for free. Well he better not know i dont really have problems with Money, to be exact my parents are very wealthy i almost gre up with the golden spoon in my mouth. I must come after my grandmother since money was never that important to me i am happy with the simplest things allready. after taking my first sip from my cocoa i check my mobile phone and what i see isnt really according to todays plans. 

 


1 New Email;
From: [email protected] 
Title: Dance Instructor change

"Dear dancelessons students,
because of the sudden urge from your former dance inctructor, Mr. Oh to participate in a oversea´s movie audition we will have to change your dance instructor starting today. We apologize for the inconvenient change.
Best regards, StepUp Team."


Are you for real?! we are working on this choreography for half a year now we almost completed it! Will the new dance instructor be informed of the whole choreography? I dont think so as the E-mail says it seems like Instructor Oh left suddenly. He could have still talked to us beforehand.

 


With mixed feelings i walk up to the Danceschool sipping nervously on my Cocoa. Will we have to learn a whole new Choreograpy? The new danceinstructor wont be an older shabby guy who they got last minute right? After a five minute walk, that actually got me 10 minutes since i walked slower to let this information sink in, i arrive at the danceschool. Its still half an hour before the Lessons start so i decide to get myself changed into my confortable practice clothing that consist of a thin jogging pans and a oversiced T-Shirt that i can move freely in. still 20 Minutes till the lessons start so i decide to enter the practice room to probably do some stretching beforehand but what i see, more like who i see let me stand still. A young black haired man... a very young black haired man? He is possibly around my age or even younger. But what surprises me the most is his movements. Only by watching him warm up and do some little choreography movements i can see that his movements are very fluid as if he would move on normal ocassions like that every day. His body looks thin but still a little bit build on the shoulders and arms that can be clearly seen since he is using a tanktop with dark grey loose pans. I slowly put my bag with my water bottle and towel down on the sofachairs we have on each side of the parctice room. On the wall in front of the practice rooms are build up mirrors that go till the seiling. It still seems like that man didnt noticed me, yet i start to do some warm ups and streetching at the same time the other lesson taker are arriving one by one till the clock hits exactly 5pm everyone is present and the probably new danceinstructor turns around.

 

"you probably know each other but please sit down in a circle so i have a chance to at least memorize your names and some basic information about you and can introduce myself."

 

We do as he told us and are sitting in a circle in the middle of the practice room.

 

"My Name is Lee Taemin i am 25 years old and from today onwards your new dance Instructor for unlimited time please call me Taemin as it seems it looks like we are almost the same age everyone. As i heard your former dance instructor went overseas to take part in an audition for a dancemovie in the US so we should be happy for him. Sadly we didnt had the time to meet and go trough the choreography you are used to so lets start with the introductions first, starting from my left we go clockwise to the right."

 

At least he seems like a organized guy who is friendly as well with that little smiles of his that he gives us. He could work as a Mondel or after what i see as a background dancer so why is he here in this unknown neightborhood?

 

"...hello?... yes you its your turn. Steve here was friendly enough to say your name allready."

 

Oh shoot its my turn how embarissing

 

"Oh yes! i am 24 years old and am a University Student at Seouls school of Law. I allways loved to dance since little and..."

 

after hearing the others starting to giggle i instandly stop talking and blush a little bit. I probably told too much Information no one cared about.

 

"And?"

 

Everyone gets quiet after Taemin insists on me continuing to talk. He looks at me directly in the eyes. That is pretty intimidating but they are so beautiful at the same time. What the hell am i thinking about? Im too much under Boys only lately. I am the Only female in this dancegroup maybe that is why Taemin is so interested in why i want to dance?

 

"And i didnt wanted to let my passion die..."

 

His eyes linger a couple of seconds longer on mine compared to the others before he continues with the next person. Taemin is making me feel strange things i have to stop thinking about this or i wont be able to focus on the lesson.

 

"So what are going to do now Mr.L... i mean Taemin. How long do you dance for? are you going to teach us a New choreography? Can you show us something?"

 

That Steve... allways the same why cant he just shut up from time to time? but i do am very curious as well. Alone his warm ups looked very promising how will it look like if he dances for real? I didnt had to wait long after telling us he will show us what he can do and afterwards show us what we will learn we all stare in awe. Those Movements precise to the beat, fluently. As it sounds like the chorus started and we are blown away by his talent after his performance he said he calles this choreography "thirsty". that does make sense thinking back to the part where he kinda does that Biting on the pulse movement he seemed like a thirsty vampire...or Man thirsty for love... Stop...Stop thinking about this!


"I will show you the Choreoghrapy that i am going to teach you. Since i dont know on wich level of skill you are i came up with something easyer but still something deep in Emotion, Move"

 

this Choreography really is a lot easyer compared to the other he showed us before. The chorus is made of a deep sensual back and forth movement of the hips, shoulders and some posing with the arm. Its so simple yet so deep in emotion and sensuality that it makes it look very difficult and promising. It really is way to easy for our Group but having the right energy and sensual exspression on is what makes this choreography difficult. I notice my shoulder movement is slightly off from the others so Taemin comes back from the front, comes toward me and stays still beside me.

 

"Follow me...its like this...okay wait let me help you."

 

Its in that moment that he puts one hand on my shoulder, the other hand on my hip the other side from the shoulder and starts to slightly lead my hips and shoulders the right way.

 

"so the beat goes tak...tak...tak..."

 

It is really a lot easyer to do with his help what makes me think about what a good dance instructor he is. His soft but manly hands leave my body as he is satisfied with my movement and goes back to the front to show and discuss the next step on the choreography after a rewind of the steps we allready learned. I can still feel his hands on my shoulder and hip the entire class over till it finishes about 1 hour later. While clapping everyone besides Temin leaves the practice room to go fresh themselves up and change clothes. I pick up my bag and water bottle and leave to do the same.

I was about to go but something crossed my mind, Taemin still stayed behind did he left allready? After passing by the pracitice room again i see that the lights are still on and the music from the first choreography is still playing so i secretly sneak behind the wall and stick my head inside the room. He really is still there and dancing only that he now seems less carefree... like it would be very difficult for him to do this choreography but he did it so well before? The moment i start spacing out i hear the music stop.

 

"Can i help you with something?"

 

Taemin saw me probably from the mirrors.

 

"Uhm no i just...i just wanted to thank you for your lesson ...Bye!"

 

I hurredly bow and leave right after that, not without feeling his stare behind my back.

 

Oh my this was so embarissing he probably saw me staring at him. Way to go now he must think im some strange stalker. But still...25 Years he said he is very young to be teaching in a danceschool allready and he still is too good for such a little unknown danceschool. Maybe he knows someone from here personally and needed a job fast? The moment i stop thinking about it i am allready in my little apartment not far away from my danceschool and workplace. After getting changes to go to bed i lie awake in my bed and think back to way he looked at me in the introduction, his movements...the way it felt having his hands leading my movements...

 

I must find out more about him.