I'm a cat!

Seven Short Stories ♡

Myungsoo has no idea how it happened. Last night he was asleep in his human form, and this morning, he shrieked knowing that he now has little paws. His eyes travelled to the grey furs and...

 


“Byeol?”

 


He turned his head to the bed and gaped.

 


His human form was curling up into a ball, deeply asleep.

 


“How?” Myungsoo tried to stand up, but not familiar with the short legs and tiny paws, he stumbled. “No, this is not happening. No way!”

 


Myungsoo was starting to get panic. And remembering the plan he made with his friends, Myungsoo looked at the clock on the side table and it was almost time. His friends should be here by now, since they had already agreed to watch movie at his place today.

 

And blessed the lady luck, the sound to his apartment rang.

 


“Myungsoo-ah!” He recognized it as Woohyun’s voice. “Hurry up and open the door!”

 


But Myungsoo couldn't do anything but to froze, not knowing what to do. He couldn't open the door with his paws so how? Maybe he should try shouting.

 


“Meow!" Was all he could let out. Gosh, he can’t even speak!

 


Myungsoo tried again to walk, and somehow he managed to stumble himself to the front door. He wanted to say “Help me!” but again he could only "Meow!"

 


“I can hear his cat though, so he must be inside” Sungyeol voiced out from the other side. “Wait, I think I know where he hide his spare key”

 


Eyes widen, Myungsoo can only asked himself, how? He clearly never told them about that spare key. And...

 

He got the answer right away after hearing Sungkyu's voice. “That kid is so dense. Obviously he put it under the vase like those dramas used to do”

 


Okay, Myungsoo will take note of that and make sure to change the place when he turned normal. 

 


Just then, there was a click and the door cracked open. Myungsoo walked away from door, avoiding getting his paw stucked under the door.

 

His pointy little ears pecked up upon seeing his friends, and his action gained an awe from Sungjong.

 


“Hey Byeolie!” Sungjong picked him up and hold him like a baby. It felt weird, like really weird.

 


But then Woohyun came next to the youngest, and playfully scratched Myungsoo’s neck.

 


Even weirder, Myungsoo closed his eyes, accepting the affection, and purred. He liked it.

 


But the content feeling turned into a wild shock when he can feel hands grabbing his tummy and before he can opened his eyes, he was thrown to the air, and caught again by the same hands. He meowed, mortified by the sudden action, and glared at Dongwoo for doing that.

 


“I think Byeol hates you” Hoya commented, and took Byeol safely under his cares. “Hey where’s your owner?” Hoya lifted him and asked.

 

 


And Myungsoo can only frown. “I’m here” He said, but of course his friends could only heard him meowed.

 


Myungsoo turned his head to the bedroom door, and Sungkyu seemed to catch it. “Okay then, I will go look for him”

 


The rest nodded, and Sungyeol went further into the living room to pick a movie with the others following from behind. “What do you guys want to watch?”

 


“What about horror?”

 


“Don’t think so. Myungsoo hates it, remember?”

 


Sungyeol scoffed. “You hate it too, Dongwoo. Don’t use Myungsoo as an excuse”

 

 

The others laughed and Myungsoo being comfortable in Hoya's embrace, can only purred at that, not even bothering when Sungyeol accidently broke one of his cds.

 


Hoya placed him on the couch, helping Sungyeol cleaned up, and Woohyun swooped him away, firmly hold him against his chest. “Who’s a cute cat” He played with him. “You are”

 

Again Myungsoo meowed. He blamed the cat’s hormone when suddenly his desire to playfully bite his finger came to his mind. And so, he did.

 


“Aww, look, Byeol loves me”

 


He kept on biting Woohyun’s thumb and only stopped when Sungkyu reached them, with a heavy frown. “I think Myungsoo might be sick” Sungkyu said, and sat down on the couch next to Woohyun.

 

“I though only Byeol hates me, did I do something wrong to him” Sungkyu murmurred only to himself.

 

But Myungsoo, having a very powerful cat’s ears caught them. He wanted to comfort the elder and seeing him sad, made him feel sad as well.

 

So, he wiggled himself free from Woohyun, and walked to sit on Sungkyu’s lap, earning shock from the others.

 


He purred for Sungkyu to pat his head as he bumped the little head to Sungkyu’s hand.

 


“Don't you think Byeol is a bit weird today?” Dongwoo pointed out, eyes not leaving Byeol who’s still trying to purr himself to Sungkyu.

 


“Being weird must run in his family. Just look at his owner. Sungyeol said, eyes already on the screen. "Myungsoo is basically the epitome of being weird"

 


Myungsoo glared at him and made a note to strangle Sungyeol's neck.

 


Sungkyu on the other hand was hesitating whether or not he should touch the majestic looking cat. Myungsoo observed him and he sighed. 

 


Byeolie might be friendly to the rest of them but surely not to Sungkyu. But it was not because Byeolie hated him, Myungsoo was sure of it. Sungkyu was a bit awkward with animals, so that was probably the reason why Byeol choose to play with the others and not him.

 


But Myungsoo was determined to change that.

 

Myungsoo purred himself, snuggling close to Sungkyu. And after hearing a yelp from the elder, Myungsoo let out a kitten smile when Sungkyu patted his head, slowly.

 


Myungsoo let out a small meow, and this time intentionally, earning a chuckle from Sungkyu.

 


Myungsoo closed his eyes, already drifting away. He heard Sungyeol and Sungjong bickering over something, laughter from Hoya and Dongwoo, and Sungkyu humming to the song coming from screen.

 


And then, Woohyun's voice... “I can’t believe you choose Kimi no Na wa”

 

...was the last thing he heard before his eyes were fully shut.

 

….

 

Myungsoo stirred in his sleep, blinking to see his surroundings. All he can see was the darkness in his room, and hearing the sound coming from his living room. His eyes turned wide when he realized that he's no longer a cat. 

 


He checked under the comforter and sighed in relief when he see his human form again. He covered his cheeks with his hands, feeling good that they weren’t paws anymore.

 


He removed the comforter away from him, and quickly headed outside to meet his friends, and tell them about his weird morning.

 


“Hey guys!”

 


“Shhhh!” Everyone said it simultaneously and focused back on the screen.

 


Myungsoo had his eyebrows lifted, noticing that Sungyeol was crying over animated movie, Woohyun and Dongwoo had tissues on their hands, while Hoya sat still watching the ending.

 


Myungsoo turned to look at Sungkyu and smiled at the view.

 

 

Sungkyu was caressing Byeol’s furs with a caring smile laced on his face.

 


But... when Sungkyu lifted his head and his eyes landing straight on his, Sungkyu frown. “Why did you hiss me when I tried to wake you up earlier?”

 


It wasn't me! Myungsoo wanted to shout, it was Byeolie.

 

 

But..he decided not to because when he looked down on Sungkyu's lap, Byeolie was curling up comfortably there while Sungkyu still caressing his head. So, “No reason, I don’t feel like myself earlier today” he said, instead.

 


Sungkyu shrugged, and moved a little to give Myungsoo some space, and Myungsoo obliged, sitting next to him, while taking part in rubbing Byeol’s head.

 


“See, Byeol does love you” 

 


And Sungkyu smiled, caressing Byeol’s head even more.

 


 

A/N : I have no idea what I wrote