MT

Seven Short Stories ♡

“Another letter?”

 

 

Myungsoo just smiled this time, and nodded. “Yea, again, and I think it’s from the same guy”

 

 

“Really? How can you tell?”

 

 

“He always put a heart shape by the end of the notes” Myungsoo lifted the paper up and showed it to his friends. “With the letter MT by the side”

 

 

Woohyun popped his head on Myungsoo’s shoulder to gain a better look. “I wonder who’s this MT guy is”

 

 

Myungsoo shrugged.

 

 

“Hey Myung, could it be Mark Tuan? As in the football team captain?”

 

 

Myungsoo frowned. It couldn’t be. Mark Tuan was one of the famous students in the campus, not to mention the hottest. He’s handsome, rich, kind, and even smart too. Everyone wanted to be friends with him, wanted to get his attention but this Mark guy, never showed interest to any of them.

 

 

“I don’t think so” Impossible.

 

 

“He’s right Soo. It could be him. Who else might this MT guy be?” Woohyun agreed. “And besides, didn’t this secret admirer of you once told you to watch those football matches before? That’s clearly a sign”

 

 

Myungsoo shrugged. Maybe it’s him, but maybe it’s not. Myungsoo decided not to put a high hope on it too much. He wouldn’t even dare to dream for something that seems impossible. Why would Mark be interested in him anyway?

 

 

“Can we go now?” Myungsoo changed the subject. “I’m hungry and I don’t wanna waste my break by talking about it with the two of you”

 

 

Woohyun jumped on Myungsoo’s back while Sungyeol snickered. “Aww but you love talking about him don’t you? It’s not like you haven’t had a crush on Mark before”

 

 

Myungsoo pushed Woohyun off of him. “Back off” And ignores those two laughing idiots. “I don’t think it’s him. Why would he even be interested in me? I’m nothing to compare with him”

 

 

Both scoffed. “Yea right. Says the guy who has been receiving letters since high schools from both girls and boys” Woohyun said, unamused.

 

 

“Come on Myungsoo. You’re great. You’re a smart as he is. Well maybe not physical active as he is, but still, you’re indeed popular in this school. He might be interested in you too”

 

 

Myungsoo just smiled at Sungyeol’s words. “Thanks guy. Now lets’ go the café and eat. I’m not kidding when I said I’m hungry”

 

 

The two of them agreed and they went to the café, near the field. It’s their favourite hangout place because it’s less crowded and the foods were good in both price and taste.

 

 

Unfortunately, turned out they picked the wrong day. That place was hell crowded with students.

 

 

“Guess they won the match”

 

 

Both Sungyeol and Myungsoo turned to Woohyun and asked “What?” almost at the same time.

 

 

“Well unlike the two of you, I took interest in that football matches. And today was supposed to be an epic game between ours and Park Academy” Woohyun explained. “And seeing the huge number of fans, plus the group of players over there cheering, I can safely concluded that they won”

 

 

Myungsoo turned his head to table where most of the players are cheering and laughing together, and then spotted Mark. Their eyes caught each other for a brief moment before Myungsoo shy away, turning back to his friends. Luckily they didn’t notice.

 

 

“Hey look! There’s an empty table”

 

 

Woohyun staggered his way to the empty space, and turned to the other two. “I want iced Americano”

 

 

Sungyeol turned to Myungsoo and gave a wicked smile. “And one hot caramel macchiato for your best friend” He gave Myungsoo a large number of cash “My treat” And Myungsoo smiled, pushing aside his protest and obeyed his friends’ request.

 

 

Myungsoo walked to the counter, focusing on what they ordered. He used to mix matched the order before, and got them all wrong. Woohyun pouted the whole day and Sungyeol refused to talk to him.

 

 

“One hot caramel macchiato, and two iced Americano please” Myungsoo ordered and the staff smiled, key-in the drinks.

 

 

He paid using Sungyeol’s cash and waited while the staff started making them. He was looking around the menu, trying to fill in the time, and minutes later, the drinks were done.

 

 

“I’m sorry but we are out of trays” The staff apologize. “Do you want me to help you carry them?”

 

 

Myungsoo declined nicely, knowing that the queue behind him were probably long. He can the two drinks first and came for the other one later. “It’s okay, I ca-“

 

 

“Let me help you”

 

 

Myungsoo turned around, and his eyes went wide. “No, no it’s okay. I can do it myself”

 

 

Mark smiled at him, and without saying anything, he grabbed two of the cups from the table. “Come on. Your friends must be waiting”

 

 

Myungsoo blushed and not knowing what to say, he voiced out “Thank you”

 

 

Myungsoo grabbed the other one, Iced Americano and walked away to his table, with Mark following him.

 

 

“Hey Myungsoo”

 

 

He stopped. He doesn’t know why, but his heart is accelerating.

 

 

“Did you get my letter?”

 

 

Myungsoo turned around and facing face to face with a blushing guy looking red on both cheeks. He was about to at least say something but…

 

 

“Yes! Myungsoo likes it very much! He has been dreaming to ask you out”

 

 

Myungsoo glared to his table, and both Sungyeol and Woohyun were grinning back at him, not even waver with the deadly stare.

 

 

“Mark has been dreaming to ask him out too!” A shout from Mark’s table a few metre from him.

 

 

“Shut up Jackson. You’re not helping!”

 

 

He turned back to face Myungsoo and gave him a sheepish smile. “Sorry about that. I hope you don’t find me weird”

 

 

“You’re not. My friends over there are the weird ones” He said pointing back to those two.

 

 

Mark just smiled at that, and he continued to walk back to his table to place the drink.

 

 

Myungsoo still doesn’t say anything about the letter, he doesn’t know what to say. Should he say he’s happy knowing that the letters were from him?

 

 

“Myung...soo?”

 

 

“Yes”

 

 

“Can I have your phone number? And maybe we can get to know more about each other and be friends?” Mark murmured something else under his breath but it was too low, Myungsoo didn’t manage to catch it.

 

 

Ignoring the loud whispers his two friends were making, Myungsoo replied “Sure. I would love to”

 

 

Both of them smile, and after exchanging their phone numbers, Myungsoo sat back in his seat, and saved the contact as “MT” with a love shape next to it.