Not a date

Seven Short Stories ♡

“Let’s go out”

 

 

Myungsoo stared at him in shock before he asked, “What?”

 

 

Noticing the stupid grin on his best friend face, Myungsoo knew he won’t probably get the answer right away and it was proven true when Sungyeol yanked his hand and lead them both towards the front door. 

 

 

“We are going out.” He said, rather bluntly. “Don’t you feel bored? I’m dead bored” 

 

 

Maybe a bit, Myungsoo wanted to say, but Sungyeol enthusiasm stopped him from actually said it. 

 

 

The rest of the members already went out either having schedules or out with friends and family. Him and Sungyeol were the only two left. 

 

 

“Okay, so where are we going?” He asked, already giving up. Both of them finally made it outside and the wind blew on their skin. Even though Myungsoo wanna refused at first, but the breeze calmed him, and besides, what a better way to spend their leisure time than to go outside. 

 

 

“How about we go out for a movie?” Sungyeol suggested. “And then, we can have some nice meal in some fancy restaurant, and… oh we can go to the park!”

 

 

Myungsoo eyed him strangely. That almost sounded like a date. 

 

 

“Why do you make it sounded like a date?” Myungsoo asked. 

 

 

“What?” Sungyeol shook his head, trying to deny what Myungsoo just said. Though Myungsoo has to admit, he did see a taint blush on his best friend’s face. Not that he’s gonna pointed that out, but it was pretty much obvious. “No, it’s not! Then fine. Should we just stay at home?”

 

 

Myungsoo snickered. “No, we already here outside anyway. So let’s just go with the plan”

 

 

“Okay” Sungyeol had his head down. “But it’s not a date” He whispered but of course, Myungsoo caught it. 

 

 

“Whatever you say”

 

 

“But it’s not!”

 

 

“Of course!”

 

 

Sungyeol sighed. “Okay, let’s go to the movie, but let’s pick the worst one, at least that doesn’t seem like a date”

 

 

Myungsoo wanted to argue but decided not to. It’s too late, and he doesn’t want to spend his evening arguing in that sideway. “Fine”

 

 

“Okay”

 

 

Both of them walked in silence. Myungsoo doesn’t know why but Sungyeol was keeping distance from him. He only let himself stayed close when he gave that old lady space for her to walk.

 

 

10 minutes passed and finally they reached the cinema.

 

 

“So, what horrible movie you intended to watch?”

 

 

Sungyeol rolled his eyes. “Don’t mock me” Sungyeol looked at the list of the movies and spotted a horrible love story. “How about Me Before You?”

 

 

Myungsoo was not a big fan of romance anyway so he shrugged. “Fine by me” 

 

..♤..

 

“Did you see the ending? Gosh Sungyeol, that movie was so sweet!”

 

 

Sungyeol had to place both of his hands on his ears, avoiding Myungsoo squeaky voice about how good the movie was. It wasn’t supposed to happen that way but turned out, Myungsoo loved that sappy love story. To Sungyeol surprised, Myungsoo hasn’t stop talking about it ever since the movie ended.

 

 

“Sungyeol, imagine having someone to love like that, isn’t that amazing”

 

 

Sungyeol tensed when Myungsoo hooked their arms together. He knew Myungsoo was clingy but it was different this time. Myungsoo was leaning close to him, and Sungyeol has to admit, that he liked this feeling.

 

 

Sungyeol smiled, and patted the man’s head. “I glad you enjoyed it”

 

 

Myungsoo leaned back, eyes on Sungyeol’s. And then he smiled. “I really enjoy it”

 

 

Both of them stayed like that, looking in each other’s eyes. No word spoken.

 

 

Sungyeol was the first to turn away and fake coughed. “So, ready for some food?”

 

 

Myungsoo pushed himself away from the guy and ear pecked out from hearing food.

 

 

“We can grab something on our way home” Sungyeol continued.

 

 

Myungsoo pouted. 

 

 

"Home?"

 

 

Sungyeol felt guilty looking at the slightly younger male. He knew how Myungsoo’s felt.  He doesn’t want to go home yet either. He still wanted to round around the neighbourhood for a while, enjoying their time together, besides, it has been long since both of them went out by just the two of them. 

 

 

But the thing was, Sungyeol was really starting to think that this was indeed an actual date. He doesn’t want to make it obvious that he likes him, so as long as they can make this not-a-date short, then, it’s fine.

 

 

“… But I really want to hang out more”

 

 

Sungyeol sighed. He’s weak. 

 

 

“What about we get some take out, and go to the park” Sure, friends do that sometimes. Eating out together to the park, it’s normal. Definitely, not a date. “You want that?”

 

 

Upon hearing so, Myungsoo’s eyes lighted up, and “yes, yes, yes”

 

 

So, they take out some chickens on their way to the park, and sat themselves on a bench, near the lake. It was beautiful, everything; the night, the moon and the reflection on the surface of the lake, and… 

 

 

Sungyeol turned his head.

 

 

 …the most beautiful smile a guy can offer. Myungsoo was smiling looking up at the sky, and his smile was more precious than the stars.

 

 

“Sungyeol?”

 

 

The beautiful voice.

 

 

“Hey Sungy-”

 

 

“I like you”

 

 

Myungsoo’s eyes opened wide, and Sungyeol’s too. He didn’t mean to say, he really didn’t. It was a mistake, a careless mistake, and there’s no way to take it back, and-

 

 

“I like you too”

 

 

Sungyeol turned to see his best friend blushing. “What?”

 

 

“I like you too, Sungyeol”

 

 

Sungyeol stayed silence, trying to register the words. And when he felt a hand, carefully holding his, Sungyeol knew, that he wasn’t dreaming.

 

 

Letting out a chuckle, Sungyeol gripped Myungsoo’s hand and smiled, looking at the lake.

 

 

Neither both have to say anything. The so-not-a-date went perfect.