Chapter One

Day 1
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SONG: K.Will - Day 1

 

"Stay away from her."
"I'm sorry, I can't. I won't."
It's all his fault, Myungsoo knows well. He knows from the moment he meets her eyes that she's gonna be trouble but yet, he knows that he's been waiting all his damn life just to let her go.

 

\\

 

They told him not to go and to finish his studies first but here he is, in front of the sushi train, starting his first day of work and not fully sure where the hell he's gonna end up or what he's gonna do for the rest of his life. There is one thing that he is sure about though, or maybe not: he wants to work and make money. He wants to live his life but deep inside, he knows that he's just a coward. A coward who made an excuse to just run away. A coward who is too afraid of being bullied by others and ends up here with the purpose to move on and forget his past. Maybe, he should have listened to his parents and his few friends but he knows himself: when he wants something, there's nothing that can stop him. This is one of the reasons why he is here, in the SUSHIkey restaurant in Novoli District. 


"Wait, don't do it like that. Let me help you." Jennie says as she approaches Myungsoo. 
"Don't put two plates of the same kind of sushi close to each other. Remember, put A and then B before switching back to A. Understood?" Jennie says grabbing one of the plates that Myungsoo has just laid on the sushi train and switches it to a new one. Myungsoo gives her a shy smile of embarrassment, not yet sure what his job is all about. His sweat clearly says it all: nervousness. 
"Don't worry, buddy. It's your first job, it's normal that you are nervous and make mistakes. Feel free to ask me anything. I will gladly answer you and try to help you." Jennie smiles back, knowing exactly Myungsoo's feelings and what kind of he's gonna face up. 
"Thanks." 


They start to talk about random things and slowly get to know each other when he finally finishes his first task. He has nothing to do for now and as he looks around, he notices a girl coming inside. No one pays attention to her until she approaches the bar.  The barista talks to her briefly and the girl heads towards the changing room. As the girl passes Myungsoo's place she makes eye contact with him. It lasts for a couple of seconds but it is like an entire hour for both. Myungsoo's heart is beating fast and knows immediately that it is not just an eye contact but more like the dangerous and inevitable kinda one. 
Her name is Jiyeon, she is one year older than him, she wears glasses and has the habit to push them back up when she feels them slipping d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter