Was that a kiss?

Joshua is so innocent. Not

It was Sunday morning. Joshua and Hani decided to go to the sea aquarium. Since Joshua wouldn’t initiate any skinship, Hani decided that she would. She had been deprived these past 3 weeks. She had enough. 

 She took a deep breath and quickly grabbed Joshua's hand. 

"Look! There's jellyfishes, let's go take a look!" She dragged him along the aisle until they came to a stop in front of the jellyfish tank. 

"They are so tiny and cute, they are baby jellyfishes," Joshua marveled as he stared at the tiny jellyfishes. 

Hani did not let go of his hand. She realised how big and warm his hand was, and how her small hand fit perfectly with his. They didn’t let go of each other for a while as they admired the sea creatures. 

"I need to use the bathroom," Joshua said. 

"Oh, go ahead," Hani replied. 

"Erm, you need to let go of my hand so I could go," Joshua said as he raised his hand which was gripped tightly by Hani.  

She quickly let go. She hit herself in embarrassment. What was she doing? Well, at least holding hands become more natural to them. Joshua was so relaxed when they were holding hands. 


"Hani, what's your favorite animal?" Joshua asked as Hani was staring intensely at the starfish plastered onto the glass panel. 

"I like starfish." 

"Why?" 

"Because they seem to have nothing much to do other than staying still. They seem to have no worries in life," Hani sighed. 

"Are you thinking about your grades again? You have to know that grades don't define who you are. It's your skills and your personality," Joshua coaxed her softly. He gently patted her head. 

Hani faced Joshua and pouted. He was so sweet, his smile was even sweeter. She had the urge to do something again. She wanted to kiss him. Before she could think properly, her body instinctively moved forward. She pulled Joshua down and their lips touched. 

Joshua's eyes widened in surprise. His lips were so soft and full, it felt so good. She let go of him after a few seconds. Embarrassment soon caught up with her and she managed to squeaked a "I need to buy something!" before running off.  


Hani hadn't reply Joshua's messages after the kiss. Why did she do that? She was so embarrassed of herself.  

Hey, pls reply. Are you okay? 

Why didn't you text me after you've reached your dorm? 

She stared at the messages. 

Why must she be the one initiating those things? She wasn't even sure if he liked it. She messed up her hair in frustration. 

Wanna hang out in my room today? 

Hani stared at the latest message. In his room? Wow, this was a first time. Of course, she has to go and check out her boyfriend's room. 


Joshua's room was clean and minimalistic. It seemed like he did not have much things. A grey analog alarm clock and a calendar with cat pictures were placed at the edge of his desk. A navy blanket was neatly tucked in under the pillow. Hani saw the cute Eevee plushie sitting on top of the bed. She took it and sat down comfortably on his bed.  

"Why didn't you reply my messages?" Joshua sounded a bit upset. 

"I fell asleep." 

"You sleep so early?" Joshua questioned her with an eyebrow raised. "Or was it because you were embarrassed of what you did to me yesterday?" 

There was a moment of silence. 

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to kiss you, I was just erm..." Hani fumbled with her words. "I'll tell you later, I need to fill some water." 

Hani quickly grabbed her water bottle and rushed to the door. Just as she turned the door knob, a strong hand grabbed her wrist from behind. Joshua slammed the door shut with his other hand. 

"You call that a kiss?" He whispered into her ears.  

Hani was practically sandwiched between the door and Joshua. She stood still, too shocked by the proximity. He turned her around to face him. 

"Hani dear, that wasn't a kiss, it was a peck," he looked intensely at her.  

Hani stayed silent, her breath getting more unstable by the minute. 

"I didn't know you'll really want it but now I know," he smirked.  

He bent down and locked their lips together. Hani instantly dropped her bottle on the floor. He started slowly, gently the corners of her lips before tasting her lips entirely. Hani's mind went blank, she couldn't stand properly. She had to lean back against the door for support. The kiss became more and more intense as he pried open her tightly closed lips. He held onto Hani more tightly, one hand pressing against her back and the other bringing her face closer to him. Hani's heartbeat accelerated and her whole body heated up. Her mind couldn't process what was happening. 

They were kissing for close to 5 minutes before Joshua let go of her. Hani felt her knees buckled and she had to cling onto Joshua for support.  

"I- I didn't know you are so good at this, you're so experienced," Hani managed to squeezed out a sentence. 

"I don't have any experience, I learned from romance movies," Joshua said as he gently caressed her cheeks. 

"What... Well, I didn't know you like to do intimate things-" Hani stopped talking as she tried to breathe properly. 

"I didn't know you like it too. I thought I have to take things slowly because Hani looks really pure and innocent to me," Joshua said softly. 

He thought that? Hani's eyes widened at his words. Well, she was the one who thought the same about him. Maybe that was why they did not do anything the past 3 weeks. 

Joshua pulled her into an embrace and Hani let herself fall into his arms. 

"Because you look extra nervous whenever I am too near you. I'm sorry for taking it too slow, till you had to initiate a peck ha ha," Joshua whispered to her gently. 

"Bad boy!" She jokingly slapped his chest. 

"Do you want to sleep with me tonight?" He ily purred into her ears. 

"Now, that's too fast!" She broke away from him and ran out of the room to fill some water.