A platonic relationship

Joshua is so innocent. Not

Innocent big eyes, a high and defined nose bridge and a small V-shaped face. Hani admired her boyfriend's face while he slowly munched on a croissant. She couldn't peel her eyes off him. He looked up and locked his eyes with her. 

"Is there something on my face?" He asked. 

"Oh, no! Continue eating," Hani quickly snapped out of it and returned her attention to her chocolate muffin. 

 

It has been 3 months since she knew Joshua. Just 2 weeks since she started dating Joshua. They met at their university's Stray Cats Welfare Club. It was love at first sight for Hani. To be exact, it was infatuation at first sight. His soft yet defined features made him looked like a prince charming. Of course, Hani knew as much as not to be too superficial. But caring for their school's stray cats together made her fall for Joshua's kind and gentle personality. She wasn't sure if Joshua had any feelings for her. He has always been kind to everyone. But she mustered up her courage and confessed. 

 

So here they were, having a date at a café near their university. She still couldn't believe he said yes to her. Two weeks into dating but all they did was eat together and watch movies. Nothing chummy or sweet yet. Well, Hani expected it. Joshua was such a mild and innocent guy to her. 

Patience, patience, she thought to herself. 

"Let's go," Joshua said as he gestured her to leave. 

He placed his debit card on the cashier counter.  

"Ah no, we should separate our payment," Hani said while fumbling in her bag for her wallet. 

"No, the guy should be the one paying," he replied while flashing her the cutest smile. 

She melted. She zipped her bag and followed him out of the café. Hani walked close to him, her hand brushed past his. She had the sudden urge to hold his hands. But it would be weird because they hadn't done much skinship yet. She slowly stretched her fingers, they were almost touching his... 

"Ah, I forgot that I'm supposed to feed the cats at block A today," Joshua interrupted her sneaky move. Hani immediately retracted her hand. 

"I have study plans with my friends too, see you!" Hani hastily threw a goodbye and ran off in embarrassment.  


"Hani, here!" Rebecca and Siyeon waved at Hani as she entered the library. Hani made a quick run to the empty seat next to her friends. 

"C'mon, have you guys done anything yet?" Siyeon asked in anticipation. 

"What?" Hani gave her a confused look. 

"What? The things other couples do! Like hugging and kissing," Rebecca exclaimed. Everyone stared at her. 

"I mean, I know Joshua is a church boy but don't tell me he really is a saint? He doesn't even touch you?" Rebecca lowered her volume and whispered to Hani.  

"No, even holding hands was unnatural," Hani replied with a sheepish smile. 

"He is definitely a , a in dating!"  

"He probably doesn't know what is too?" 

Her friends were getting a little noisy and she quickly hushed them.  

"Stop! I like him because he is kind and gentle, I don’t like him for the sake of those things," Hani said sternly. 

"It's another thing, he is a guy after all. I've never seen a guy as pure as him. Don’t tell me you are into a platonic relationship?" Siyeon gave Hani a smug look. 

Hani sighed. Her friends were right, what if Joshua only wants a platonic relationship? Joshua seemed to be pure as snow and she really couldn't tell if he has any desire. Nonetheless, she still liked him for his personality, it's not all about the skinship...