The FIeld Trip

TWICE INC.

It was 04:00PM on a rainy Friday and Tzuyu, as usual, was helping Mina and Chaeyoung's work since 10:00AM so that her co-workers can at least see her working although her workload could normally be finished in only 2 hours. That week was pretty chill compared to last week when an incident occured in the main branch that made a lot of complaints from the clients. With a cup of iced tea on her left and a half-eaten tteokbokki on her right, Tzuyu was working relaxly in her desk, she really hoped she could do this every day with a decent pay.

When she was working, Tzuyu's mind was distracted a lot by what happened last week after she treated Jeongyeon in a restaurant. Tzuyu herself could not just accept the blackmail that easily and decided to do something that would make Jeongyeon embarrassed as well. Tzuyu remembered Nayeon mentioned that Jeongyeon was a lightweight and very funny when she is drunk. So, she planned on keep giving Jeongyeon alcohol drinks until she really drunk and take a video while she was on that condition. Her plan seemed to be successfull at the start, Jeongyeon was starting to make unfunny jokes and reacted to almost everything Tzuyu said, even when Tzuyu didn't say anything at all. After quite a while, Jeongyeon started to tell about her personal life, about how she was betrayed by a man she loved and about how she promised herself not to trust any man ever again. Tzuyu was of course felt bad about what she have done, she just made someone unconciously tell their personal life. When Tzuyu planned to bring Jeongyeon home as she did with Jihyo the previous night, Jeongyeon held her and somehow able to persuade her to drink some alcoholic beverages. After the point when Tzuyu drank her 5th shot of Whiskey, she could not remember anything she did after that and what bothers Tzuyu the most was the fact that she woke up in a hotel nearby with Jeongyeon slept on the other side of the bed. Tzuyu tried to think positively that they were just worn out and decided to rent a room in a hotel nearby to sleep. However, Tzuyu was afraid there was more than that and with this in her mind, she have been avoiding Jeongyeon since Monday. 

When the office was quite calm, suddenly the manager's room door opened, and took everyone's attention instantly.

"Everyone, listen!" Jihyo shouted from the front of the manager's room unclosed door. "Since all of you have worked hard last week against the complaints of our clients, I have decided that we should go to a field trip tomorrow!" announced Jihyo. Then immediately, the office was full of cheer from all of the workers. Although Tzuyu already had a plan with her friend on the next day, she was pretty sure her friends could understand if she cancelled their appointment even if they don't, Tzuyu could say that she had some business in the office. No matter what she would say, she was saying the truth anyway.

"So, where are we going to go?" Momo asked excitedly.

"We are going to go to the beach, the park, and we will finish at a restaurant," Jihyo answered confidently.

---

"Umm... I don't think this is a beach," complained Nayeon.

"Well, I mean I'm pretty sure we can consider this as a beach," Jihyo tried to argue.

"I don't mean to disrespect you, but I think Nayeon-shi is right, this is not even close to a beach," Yongjun surprisingly agreed with Nayeon.

"But... Both of them have water in it and anyway you guys will still able to swim here!" Jihyo desperately tried to argue.

Tzuyu was not even able to say anything at all as she did not know how her manager considered riverbank and beach are the same. 

"Aww I already bring a lot of things like umbrella, suntan lotion, and even tubes!" Sana sighed.

"Alright here's the real question, would you rather go to the beach now using taxi with your own money, or just stay here and consider this as a beach without paying any kinds of transportation?" Jihyo gave them a choice.

"Okay then, I'll go to the beach now," Chaeyoung turned back and start walking away. However, the rest of her co-workers seemed rather staying there and walked the other way than Chaeyoung's. When she realized that nobody was going with her, she gave up her idea of going to the beach by herself.

Tzuyu did not bring any folded chair nor beach umbrella because she planned to ask someone to share with her as she was too lazy to bring so many things and ended up only brought a carpet. Tzuyu was looking around trying to find a partner that want to share the beach umbrella with her. Everyone was sharing the umbrella pretty quickly as the it was only Yongjun and Jeongyeon remained. Stupidly, Tzuyu was going to Yongjun's umbrella and when she was walking few steps from her position towards Yongjun's umbrella, Yongjun stated that his umbrella was too sma for two while clearly his umbrella was the biggest among all of the group. Having no other choice, Tzuyu went to Jeongyeon's umbrella with Jeongyeon greeted her cheerfully and about her underwear again. Tzuyu reacted with a forced smile on her face and sit quietly beside Jeongyeon. It was quite awkward for both of them because none of them started talking or even try to start a conversation. 

There were so many things that Tzuyu wanted to ask Jeongyeon but she did not have the guts to ask even one question regarding that night. Both of them just quietly sat and watched Nayeon, Sana, Momo, and Dahyun playing and swimming in the river. Four of them eventually forced Mina and Chaeyoung to join them and without much persuasion, Jihyo and Jungwon joined them as well. 

"They seem to have fun, care to join?" Jeongyeon tried to start a conversation.

"No, I actually can't swim," Tzuyu answered gently.

"Well, then let me teach you now," Jeongyeon gave Tzuyu a smile while offering her hand to Tzuyu.

"Ehhmm, no thank you. I prefer start learning on a swimming pool," Tzuyu refused.

"I know river might look a bit hard for you and honestly, I actually never try swimming on a river because of its current, but now I want to try but I might need a hand. So, do you want to help me?" Jeongyeon gave Tzuyu a look she could never refuse to. Tzuyu nodded and took Jeongyeon's hand then both of them went to play on the river as well. 

Playing on the river seemed entertaining enough for them as they were all having a blast. The river looked unpolluted as the water was clear blue and the river itself was directly from the mountain nearby, the current were quite calm that day. Some of them was swimming on the river, some of them were just trying to walk around the river, while Yongjun for some reason was trying to catch a fish. They were starting to get tired from playing and wanted to get some lunch. Jihyo, as the event planner, already bought some decent meals for each of them. At that time, everyone seemed to enjoy the moment. Tzuyu tried to forget about what happened between her and Jeongyeon and just became her normal self so she could thoroughly enjoy the field trip. 

Then after they finished their meals, they changed their clothes then all of them went into the bus that Jihyo already rent for this trip and went to the park near the downtown. The bus itself wasn't exactly an expensive bus. It looked like an old school bus but with some decent modifications and newer paint. In the bus, Tzuyu sat beside Momo, both of them talked a lot about the food from their respective countries and both of them seemed eager to try the food the other talked about. In the middle of their conversation, they arrived at the park. Thosr who sat on the left corner was trying to take a peek of the park and what they saw truly dissapointing for them. Its not that the park was bad, in contrast, it was actually a beautiful park with green grass, big fountain in the middle, and big trees around them. However, the park was overcrowded with people and Jihyo could not have known that the park would be this crowded. Having no other choice, all of them went to the park and tried to find a good spot for them just to have a place to sit down. Within a few minutes, Dahyun seemed to find an empty spot that could fill 11 people on it. The spit surely can fit 11 people, but their space were very limited and what seemed to be worse is that they were surrounded by elementary school children that were running around near them. Tzuyu wanted to start complaining, but she knew there would be no point in complaining in that situation so she just accepted her fate to be clinged by Sana on her left and Jihyo who somehow able to sleep on her right shoulder. For Jihyo, Tzuyu understood why she would be this tired as she was planning everything since yesterday and had to cook lunch for all of them, but for Sana, Tzuyu was a bit uncomfortable. She saw Sana did this a lot to the other co-workers but this is the first time she actually clinged onto Tzuyu. To make things even worse, somehow Tzuyu could feel that Jeongyeon was looking at her direction from her left but she was too afraid to confirm her suspicion. 

"You know, lately I noticed Jeongyeon was putting a lot of attention to you," Sana suddenly spoke up.

"Wh-what do you mean?" Tzuyu stuttered.

"Well, our cubicle is pretty close right? I just noticed Jeongyeon walked past my cubicle several times in a day only to get into the receptionist desk, while she could easily walk through the other way which is closer," Sana explained while still clinging into Tzuyu. 

Truthfully, Tzuyu also knew this. She just kept denying it over and over again because the more Jeongyeon did this to her, the more she didn't want to know the truth of what happened that night. "Maybe she just need some exercise," Tzuyu tried to avoid again.

"Come on, that's a really bad reason to do exercise, walking extra steps like that can barely burn your calories. Besides, she did not even bother to look at my cubicle everytime she passed us and just looking at yours."

"Maybe she just need to check if I'm really working, I am the intern after all." Tzuyu tried to find more reason.

Sana chuckled, then she continued, "I would believe what you said if Jeongyeon didn't keep peeking at our direction."

Tzuyu finally decided to give a peek at Jeongyeon and as soon as Tzuyu looked at her direction, Jeongyeon turned her head and talked to Mina beside her. Inadvertently, Tzuyu smiled when she saw Jeongyeon blushed and unfortunately for her, Sana noticed that little smile and about it. Tzuyu tried to distract her mind by watching Dahyun and Momo who were playing with the elementary children and then she noticed that both Yongjun and Jungwon were playing frisbee in the overly crowded park, Jungwon was pranking Yongjun by kept throwing the frisbee so far away so that Youngjun would have a hard time retrieving it. Jihyo, who finally woke up, asked where the rest of the girls, then Sana said that the rest was going around to find an ice cream stand. Then Jihyo went back to sleep but this time, she slept on the bus. Apparently, there was no ice cream stand around and the girls rely with cold beverages then Mina and Nayeon distributed the drinks to the others.

Bored, Tzuyu went to play Frisbee with Jungwon as Yongjun looked so fatigued and since Jungwon also said that he was tired, Chaeyoung was the one to replace him. For Tzuyu, playing with Chaeyoung was pretty hard because of her height, Tzuyu kept throwing the frisbee a little bit too high and Chaeyoung kept failing to catch it even when Tzuyu didn't intend to. At one point, Tzuyu threw the frisbee right into Chaeyoung's forehead because she was really bad at measuring the power of her throw. In the middle of their game, Tzuyu saw Jihyo walked out from the bus and went to the group's spot immediately. Jihyo only slept for roughly 20 minutes, and Tzuyu think that Jihyo should be sleep for at least 1 hour as Tzuyu assumed that Jihyo did not even sleep last night. Jihyo returned from the bus bringing some small pieces of papers on her left hand. She ordered the group to gather around her to play some games. Later, it was revealed that the papers she brought had some words on it for them to play quiz games. The first game was impersonation game, and Tzuyu got the first turn when everyone was pointed to Tzuyu after Jihyo asked who should go first. Luckily, she when she took the paper, she got Sana, and Tzuyu immediately knew what to do without do much thinking. She walked into Dahyun's direction, grabbed her arm, and clinged into it, then she said "Dahyunaaaa~" and as soon as she said that, everyone answered shouted, "It's Sana!!"

The game lasted for 3 rounds as Jihyo already prepared a lot of answers. For the next game, one person need to draw an object and the rest need to answer it. That game was not as good as the previous one because the only recognizeable drawings was from Chaeyoung and Jungwon, and the rest of them were just pretty much wild guess. When Jihyo wanted to proceed to the next game, the sky was getting orange and then she decided to stop playing and tell everyone to get into the bus. Their next and last destination was a restaurant for dinner and it was Jihyo's treat so everyone was very eager to go to the restaurant.

It has been 20 minutes and they haven't reached their destination. Turns out the restaurant was quite far from the downtown area and it might take them 10 more minutes to reached there. When they arrived, Tzuyu could not believe what she witnessed. The restaurant they were supposed to have dinner was so different than other restaurant because it was very small and looked more like a house than a restaurant. Tzuyu thought as long as she could eat for free and didn't need to pay she wouldn't mind to eat there. Jihyo entered the restaurant first, and the rest followed her. When they entered the restaurant, it was quite small but still could fit all 11 of them and she saw that the chairs and tables had been arranged to fit eleven people so Tzuyu assumed that Jihyo had at least reserved the place. Jihyo seemed to be so close with the owner of the restaurant because when the rest of them sat down on the reserved spot, Jihyo went to the kitchen to see the owner. Jihyo and the owner of the restaurant exited the kitchen with some plates of fresh meat on their hands. Tzuyu and the rest of the group felt awkward when wathcing Jihyo was also serving their food from the kitchen and some of them, including Tzuyu, decided to help her. Although at first Jihyo and the owner insisted on telling them to sit down, they eventually let them to help. Jungwon was told to bring the rice, Tzuyu and Momo brought the drinks, and Dahyun, Chaeyoung, and Mina brought the side dishes. The empty tables turned into a glorious feast when all of the food was served. The group was having a great feast as if they were celebrating something. For about 1 and a half hour, they finally finished their feast. When Tzuyu went to the toilet, she accidentally heard the restaurant owner refused Jihyo's money when Jihyo was about to pay the bills. Turns out, the restaurant was owned by Jihyo's aunt and uncle and Jihyo could not stop thanking them when her uncle kept refusing to receive her money. After everyone finish their food, Jihyo asked all of them to thank her uncle and aunt after giving them an elegant and delicious feast. 

Its finally time to go back home, everyone was saying goodbye to each other. Dahyun, Mina, and Sana was going to the same direction so they took one taxi for their ride home. Momo and Chaeyoung took the train because their home was near a train station. Nayeon and Jihyo had to accompany Jungwon and Yongjun to return the bus to the renting place as Yongjun was tok drunk to drive and Jungwon was not exactly qualified to drive a bus but they need to return it that night to avoid extra fees and fine. And then only Tzuyu and Jeongyeon left, it was very awkward for them after seeing everyone went back to their home. Since their apartments were only few blocks away, they need to go to the bust station nearby to get back home. 

On their way to the bus station, Jeongyeon finally spoke up. "Why are you avoiding me?" Jeongyeon asked without looking at Tzuyu's direction.

"I-I'm not," Tzuyu suddenly started to stutter, "I-"

"You don't have to lie, you promised me you won't lie to me." Jeongyeon cut Tzuyu.

Tzuyu questioned herself, when did she ever gave her that statement. 

"You don't remember anything from that night aren't you?" Jeongyeon continued

Tzuyu took a deep breath as if she wanted to dive into the water. Then she said "Yes, I did not remember anything from that night, all I remember was I got drunk and woke up next to you, I don't know what happened between us back then but I'm pretty sure nothing happened right? I mean we were still wearing our clothes and I just assumed that we were just too tired to get back home and slept on the hot nearby. Please tell me that's what happened."

Jeongyeon stopped walking and suddenly the look on Jeongyeon's face turned into an utterly dissapointed expression. Tzuyu also stopped and now they were facing each other. 

"Do you even remember what happened that night?" Tzuyu asked.

"I do," Jeongyeon then kissed Tzuyu's left cheek.