The Mail

TWICE INC.

That particular Thursday was a very busy day for all of the employees of Jong-Soo Textile as the day before that day there was a critical mistake made by the main branch. Telephones rang in every desk even on Tzuyu's desk which kind of unusual. At 12:00 PM, the employees usually took a lunchbreak but on that day, none of them seemed to even bother eating as the calls from the clients was non stop. Jihyo, as the manager, decided to order some food for the employees so all of them could work with food in their stomach. If not for Momo who seemed to be extremely hungry, nobody in the office would notice when the food delivery guy arrived. The workers would remain busy until 3:00 PM when the phone calls started to stop ringing although the phone on Tzuyu's desk already quiet for about 30 minutes before. "I hope I will get paid enough for this," complained Tzuyu to herself and then all of the sudden the phone on her desk rang and for some reason, she felt relieved when she realised it was her superior, Jihyo, who called her to the manager's office.

After the call, Tzuyu tiredly walked into the manager's room then knocked the door until Jihyo allowed her to enter. "You look tired," said Jihyo when she looked Tzuyu's face and then looked back to outside the window to see her employees. "I know you are tired, and this is probably too much to ask for but can I ask you to get some mails downstair? Earlier today the receptionist downstair just called Nayeon to inform there are several mails which supposedly delivered to this office. However, it seems that the postman was in such a hurry and just left the mail on the first floor," Jihyo explained. Tzuyu nodded in agreement almost immidiately without saying any words. The only reasons she agreed to do it was firstly, because she thought she would probably get a mail and then the second, Jihyo is her boss and she didn't have the courage to refuse anyway.

When she arrived downstairs to take the mails, she deeply regret her decision as she saw there were actually more than 12 packages of items that she needed to bring to the 23rd floor. Having no other option, she decided to asked a hand to the resting janitor who apparently just as lazy as she was to bring those items to the 23rd floor and she gave a little tip to the janitor because he brought twice as many items than Tzuyu's. When they finally reached the office, Tzuyu saw everyone was waiting near the receptionist desk with their bags and ready to go home. The moment Tzuyu and thr janitor put the items on the floor, almost everyone was immidiately looking for their own mail wildly except for Mina who just sit on the receptionist chair and wait for them to finish. Tzuyu, however, still shocked of what just happened remain speechless and froze for a moment. Mina went to Tzuyu and thanked her for her hard work bringing those items and let Tzuyu sat on the chair instead.

After a moment, Jihyo came out of her room and apologize straight away to Tzuyu because she could have just make the employees got their mails downstair instead of making Tzuyu bring the whole package to the 23rd floor. "I'm truly sorry Tzuyu-shi, I forgot to tell you that we would go home early today because of the incident on the main branch," said Jihyo regretfully. "It's okay, I needed to do some work out anyway," Tzuyu lied. Tzuyu immidiately noticed that there was one mail left and she was pretty sure that it was her's because of the shape and she knew exactly what she ordered two days earlier. As soon after Tzuyu picked the mail on the floor, Jihyo offered her a treat on the restaurant nearby and of course, she wouldn't refuse that. 

The next day, Tzuyu woke up with sore all over her body and when she checked her phone, she realised she got plenty of missed calls from an unknown number. Tzuyu tried to remember what happened yesterday, she remembered Jihyo was drunk after couple of drinks and she needed to bring her to her apartement after hearing her complaints about the other regional managers and her boss and then Tzuyu went back to her apartment and sleep immidiately without taking a bath nor changing her clothes. If this number was Jihyo's she was pretty sure she saved her number, and when she saw the clock, she rushed to her bathroom and took a shower because she was already late to work. After finsihed the quick shower, she took her bag and off to work in a hurry. 

Tzuyu was an hour late when she reached the office and as per usual, Yongjun was there already to judge whoever is late. "This is your 8th time, intern!" Yongjun shouted to Tzuyu as she completely ignored him and just walked into her desk. It took her quite some time to realize that Dahyun had not arrived in the office just yet. When she stood up to look around, the office was almost empty. She only saw Nayeon, Jeongyeon, and Mina in their own desks and did not seem to see the presence of the rest of the co-workers. With a bit of hesitation, she walked to Jeongyeon's desk to ask why her co-workers haven't arrived in the office yet. 

"Well, yesterday's incident might make them really tired especially for the sales department, and for our accountants... I really cannot say much," Jeongyeon said. "Why do you suddenly care about their presence though? You usually just sat on your desk quietly," Jeongyeon asked bitterly

Tzuyu herself weren't exactly a type of person who easily socialize with the others, but she really cares about other people who treated her nicely and Jeongyeon saying this was because she had not many chances talking to her because Dahyun whose desk was behind her was the closest person to her.

"It's okay Unnie, I'm just curious of the others' whereabout, thank you for answering," Tzuyu went back to her desk. 

In only an hour, every of her co-workers were already on their desk, working as usual. Tzuyu asked Dahyun on why Jeongyeon was acting so bitter towards her and Dahyun said that it means Tzuyu need to talk more to her and get closer to her because she could be the nicest person Tzuyu ever know. While talking about Jeongyeon, outnof nowhere, Sana just barged in to their cubicle to join the conversation. During the lunchbreak, Tzuyu, who decided to take some time to rest on her desk, got the message from the unknown number on her phone to meet the person inside the emergency stairs. Tzuyu felt extremely frightened as the person said that they had something very important for Tzuyu. Tzuyu stood up looking for someone she could go with because she definitely would not go alone in this situation. The room was completely empty, she then went to the manager's room only to find the room was empty as well. 

"What do you think you are doing peeking the manager's room like that?!" Someone shouted. When Tzuyu looked behind, there was Jeongyeon coming out from the pantry while holding a cup of coffee. Since there were nobody else to ask, she encouraged herself to talk to Jeongyeon about the missed calls and the message. 

"Alright I understand, then let us go to the emergency stairs right now, but I need to tell you that the place will be very dark so you might as well use your phone as the light source," warned Jeongyeon. Tzuyu nodded and both of them went to the emergency stairs. When they arrived, the place looked quite different than what Jeongyeon described, as the light was bright enough for them to be able to see clearly. Tzuyu then looked at Jeongyeon's face, waiting for the explanation of the "very dark room" then Jeongyeon said that she was never actually been to this room and only remembered it from the movie she watched then she ended her explanation with a giggle. Tzuyu thought to herself why would she obey the person by going this place anyway and felt so stupid then after a minute without any apparent activity, she wanted to left the room. 

"HEY!!" Tzuyu and Jeongyeon heard an echoed voice.

Then suddenly from the downstairs she could see a figure slowly walking up the stairs with something on their hand and they could not see the person clearly because the 22nd floor was under renovation so they need to turn off the electricity and lights for the whole floor. Tzuyu was so panicked that she could not even open the door and just screamed while jumping on the spot. 

"DON'T YOU DARE GET EVEN CLOSER OR I'LL THROW THIS SH*T OFF TO YOUR ******* HEAD DANG IT!!!" Jeongyeon screamed to the person while holding a fire extinguisher on her hands. 

"Whoa, calm down Jeongyeon-ah, it's me Jungwon oppa," Jungwon suddenly recognizeable after he went to the 23rd floor.

"Wait, what?! Why are you trying to blackmail Tzuyu?!" Said Jeongyeon while trying to lift the extinguisher again.

"What the... I'm not trying to blackmail her it's just I got her mail instead of mine yesterday and I don't want to trade it in the office because it will be too embarrassing for her" Jungwon explained. "Wait Tzuyu, you did not know its me all along? I already message you yesterday that its me," continued Jungwon.

"Uhhmm...." Tzuyu's eyes were looking back and forth to Jungwon and Jeongyeon. "I actually did not open any of your messages except the message you sent just now." Tzuyu continued with a giggle. 

"What is it that you get that you really need to meet her here anyway?" Jeongyeon asked while put her arms on the waist. 

Jungwon did not said any word but he showed it instead, it was Tzuyu's specially-made underwear that she ordered from Taiwan. Jeongyeon burst out a laughter when she saw the underwear was very cute underwear just like a children's underwear. Tzuyu's face starting to get red as Jungwon was laughing along with Jeongyeon. After the awkward situation on the emergency stairs, Tzuyu immidiately put the underwear inside her bag and took out Jungwon's item which actually had similar size as Tzuyu's underwear box. 

All of them went back to work after the lunch break finished and Tzuyu who had not eat anything at all suddenly felt so hungry. Not long after that, she received a message from Jeongyeon that she had to treat her food in order to keep her quiet regarding the incident earlier. When it was already 5:00 PM, everyone already left and Tzuyu was waiting for Jeongyeon because she had some errands to do before leaving the office. 

"Okay now you get to choose the restaurant since you are the one treating me," said Jeongyeon while laughing as soon as she exit the office.

"Alright let's just go to the restaurant I know. Oh yeah, you know what? I really think this can be considered as blackmail after all," said Tzuyu annoyed.