The Dog

TWICE INC.

It was 9AM in the morning, the office was already full of people and as usual, Yongjun was staring at the door, waiting for someone who came late. After a few minutes, Dahyun entered the office and immidiately greeted by Nayeon the receptionist. Dahyun smiled back and went straight into her desk, but on her way to her desk, Yongjun blocked her and said "You're late again today, it has been 4 conscutive days you came to office late and you are not getting away with this."

Dahyun didn't mind him and just walked straight to her desk with a frown on her face. Yongjun looked angry and immidiately went to the manager's office to report what he just witnessed. Tzuyu noticed that Dahyun had been late for some days and it was not usual for her as she usually came at least 15 minutes before 9AM. Tzuyu gathered her courage to ask Dahyun, "Unnie, umm.. can I borrow your paper clip?"

Dahyun didn't answer and just gave Tzuyu the paper clip she asked for. Tzuyu herself was shocked on how Dahyun, who usually pretty talkative, became so much quiet for the last few days. Tzuyu took the paper clip Dahyun gave while tried to ask what happened to her, "Ummm... thank you unnie, do you mind telling me what happened to you? Because you don't seem to be feeling good lately."

Just right after Dahyun opened to answer Tzuyu's question, Jihyo suddenly came to their cubicle.

"Dahyun, I know Yongjun literally asked me to fire someone everyday, but he never been this persistent by giving me the same name for 4 days in a row, what happened to you?" asked Jihyo.

"I'm... I'm okay ma'am, don't worry," Dahyun answered weakly.

"Okay, I definitely told you to never called me ma'am and you've never called me that for months. Dahyun, my office, now," Jihyo said firmly.

Both Dahyun and Jihyo then went to the manager's room and just left Tzuyu behind. Tzuyu, who was alone again decided to go to the receptionist table to gather some information from Nayeon who hopefully know something about Dahyun. When Tzuyu reached Nayeon's table, Tzuyu immidiately asked what Nayeon knew about Dahyun's situation. Unfortunately Nayeon didn't know a thing, but Tzuyu didn't go back to her table after asking Nayeon, she was chatting with Nayeon about the some celebrities. However, they didn't chat very long because Yongjun seemed to notice them and asked them to work instead of working. Tzuyu went back to her desk and waited for Dahyun to comeback.

Not long after Tzuyu sat on her desk, Chaeyoung went to her cubicle and sat on Dahyun's chair. and starting to ask Tzuyu on what happened to Dahyun. Since Tzuyu didn't know, both of them was just assuming lots of things which might happened to Dahyun like Dahyun's pet died, Dahyun got rejected by a man, even they thought that Dahyun was just received a ual harrasment. Then out of nowhere, Yongjun appeared and said, "What are you doing?" with a very creepy tone.

Both Tzuyu and Chaeyoung was shocked and looked at each other until Chaeyoung finally spoke, "We.. I was just giving her a direction on how to... to use this application on her phone.. the application that potentially gave us lots of clients."

Yongjun looked unsure at first, and then he replied "Interesting... what application is that?"

"It's... called... ummm... Tinder." Chaeyoung answered. Tzuyu suddenly felt an urge to laugh and she held it with all her might.

"Tinder huh?..." Yongjun seemed intrigued, Tzuyu felt that he might already knew what it was and a bit worried. Then Yongjun looked at Tzuyu and said, "You should've asked me for teaching you Tinder, I got 43 clients from that application, anyway Chaeyoung isn't even a salesperson so she is not qualified to teach you that."

"Sure... sure I just told Tzuyu all I know and now I'm gonna back to my place," Chaeyoung rushed back to her desk.

Yongjun stared at Tzuyu as if he wanted to say something, but he just left after creepily stared at Tzuyu. Tzuyu felt she need to get used to that stare because it always makes her uneasy somehow. After gave a thought about it, it seems that he gave the creepy look to everyone here and she felt she would be able to get over that stare.

Then she suddenly worried about Dahyun and tried to take a peek into the manager's room. She later saw Dahyun went out the room, looked relieved and better, she couldn't wait to ask what just happened but before Dahyun reached her desk, Sana pulled her to her cubicle and held her there probably for interogation by Momo and Sana. Tzuyu thought for a bit, then decided to go to Sana's cubicle and before she went there, she had to make sure Yongjun wasn't around so that he would not interfere again. After made sure the situation was safe, she sneaked to Sana's cubicle and she saw that Dahyun was sitting on Sana's lap and Momo held Dahyun's hand.

"Ah, Tzuyu!" Sana realized, "Come here come on!"

Tzuyu entered the cubicle and the place suddenly was so crowded, Momo offered Tzuyu to sit on her lap but she refused.

"Okay where was I?" Dahyun said as if she already knew Tzuyu came to hear her story, "Oh yeah, the umm, the dog! Yeah so he was stranded near my house five days ago and I don't have any experience in taking care of dogs or cats or basically any pet! I bought food for him and I bought him a ball to play but still I'm unable to make him quiet during the night and everytime I thought of abandoning him, I just can't do it!" Dahyun sighed.

"Why don't you asked us earier?! I have a dog and I take care of him pretty good!" Momo raised her voice.

"I didn't ask you because I'm not sure to keep the dog or not until today, so if I asked you when I'm still unsure I might ended up gave the dog to the animal adoption place!" Dahyun answered.

"Shhh... shh... there there Dahyuniee calm down, at least now you got your solution right?" Sana patted Dahyun's head.

"What is it? What are you going to do?" Tzuyu finally spoke up.

"Hmm... After discussing with Jihyo unnie, I think I'm going to keep him for now since I can't let him go either, maybe he just need to adapt a little in my house and it will be fine afterwards," Dahyun seemed certain, "and for the noise, I think I'm gonna buy an earbuds to close my ears during my sleep or atleast a headphone so I could hear music, probably a lullaby," Dahyun sounded optimistic.

"Oh, that's ve-"

"Hey guys!" Jeongyeon suddenly barge in before Tzuyu finished her words, "Dahyun, what happened to you? You didn't seem to be yourself lately, are you hungry? Here I bought this sn*ck*rs for you!" Jeongyeon tried to make a joke but only Sana laughed, Tzuyu and Dahyun looked at each other and Dahyun took the snack while staring weirdly at Jeongyeon with open. 

"Anyway, try to make the conversation less noisy okay? I needed to assure Yongjun that you guys was talking about sales or something, okay now I'll go back to my place, ciao~" Jeongyeon left. Dahyun and Tzuyu also went back to their cubicle to avoid Yongjun.

"Hey Tzuyu, if there is any call, would you mind helping me? Jihyo unnie allowed me to go sleep until after lunchbreak so you will be in charge of my clients for awhile and if you are confused or something just take a look at this book where I kept all my client's data, okay?" Dahyun asked.

"Umm.. Okay.." Tzuyu sounded unsure.

The day was ended so fast for Tzuyu as Dahyun was actually slept for over 6 hours and she handled all her clients, even when Dahyun woke up, she went to cafetaria and ate then not returning at all. Tzuyu felt at least she knew how to handle clients thanks to Sana's help during her crisis handling Dahyun's clients.

Next Monday, Tzuyu came earlier than usual to the office. The reason was because during weekend, she got a lot of calls from Dahyun who seemed to have lots of trouble with the dog. Tzuyu was still extremely sleepy because Dahyun even called at 3AM and not only once but twice. All she was thinking was how to get some sleep on the office and of course, she hoped she won't be seen by Yongjun. Yongjun himself was already in the office when Tzuyu arrived, and since the working time had not started, Tzuyu felt she could sleep for a bit. Yongjun however, came to Tzuyu's desk and asked her what she was doing at 7AM in the office. Tzuyu lied by saying her alarm woke her up too early, while the real reason was to avoid Dahyun's call and if she really called, at least she could tell Dahyun that she was already working at the office although her main reason was to sleep.

Just 7 minutes after Tzuyu tried to sleep, Dahyun called. Tzuyu answered but she lied about she was busy with work, and thankfully Dahyun believed her. Tzuyu then slept for hours even when everyone had arrived on the office. Tzuyu woke up after Dahyun called her from behind and again, asking more and more about the dog stuff. Deep down, Tzuyu was extremely annoyed with her but she knew that Dahyun had a hard time with the dog. In the end, she answered every single questions that Dahyun asked. Both of them talked for a long time, until a phone call rang and Dahyun answered it immediately.

"Hello, Kim Dahyun here," Dahyun said softly. Once Dahyun answered the phone which probably from the client, Tzuyu went right to the pantry next to the meeting room. Inside, there was Mina who already got her coffee and ready to go. They greeted each other and before Mina left, she came to Tzuyu. 

"I see that you arrived so early this morning, it's not usual for an intern to came to the office that early," Mina asked curiously.

"I... was having a bit problem unnie...," Tzuyu replied while yawning.

"Oh, its Dahyun isn't it?" Mina said.

"Oh! You know?" Tzuyu slightly surprised.

"Of course, Momo also lack of sleep because of her." Mina pointed at Momo's cubicle.

"I see, well do you have an advice?" Tzuyu started to make her coffee.

"Well, just simply be honest with her that she disturb you, pretty sure she will understand," Mina sipped her coffee, "she is a nice person tho."

"Okay, thanks for the advice unnie," thanked Tzuyu.

"Sure, anytime. Umm.. anyway Tzuyu wha-"

"Hey! No office chit chat!" Yongjun appeared from the pantry door, cutting Mina's word.

Mina sighed and left while staring angrily at Yongjun. Tzuyu continued making her coffee while thinking about what Mina was about to say to her. However, Tzuyu just assumed that Mina would ask Tzuyu to help her with her work.

When Tzuyu arrived on her desk, she saw Dahyun still on the call with the client and she felt she could ask Dahyun later. Unfortunately, Dahyun was suddenly very busy because the clients she left last Friday was now calling her back. Tzuyu felt she did not do well because the client still asked Dahyun a lot of questions about the shipping and the packaging. Even during the break, Dahyun was still receiving lots of calls and she had to stay at the desk to handle all the clients while the others was taking a break. Tzuyu felt bad for her and decided to buy her some food from the cafetaria and when she gave Dahyun the food, Dahyun looked so happy that she ate the food while talking on the phone.

It was 4PM and Dahyun was finally able to get some free time for herself. Despite the heavy workload she got earlier, she still seemed to be very excited and positive. Tzuyu even swore she felt that she could see Dahyun's white pale skin was brighter than usual. "What is this positive vibes.." Tzuyu talked to herself. When Tzuyu turned to see Dahyun, she was surprised a little to see Dahyun already right on her face when she turned around.

"Tzuyu, Tzuyu, I'm still a bit confused," Dahyun said with a bright smile.

"WAIT!" Tzuyu stopped Dahyun from talking further, "Ehm," Tzuyu cleared , "Unnie wait, let me talk first, okay?" Tzuyu spoke up.

Dahyun just answered with a nod and certainly with a puzzled face.

"So, here's the thing, I know you are still adapting with your current dog situation, okay? I am completely understand that you wanted to make sure your dog is happy to stay at your house and honestly, I will gladly help if you ever need it, okay?" Tzuyu explained

"Umm.. yeah and you know what? My dog wa-"

"No, unnie, no... listen to me please.." Tzuyu stopped Dahyun again, "When I said I would gladly help, it doesn't mean I would be available all the time unnie, I need to take a rest too, and I even need to spend some time by myself, if you keep calling me, I just unable to enjoy my life and especially my precious weekend. So I beg you unnie, forgive me but if you wanna ask about the dogs please bear in mind I won't be always available and not just me, Momo unnie also need to rest. Tzuyu held Dahyun's hand. She could feel that Dahyun was about to cry judged from her face and because of that, Tzuyu started to get panicked and tried to calm her down.

Dahyun started to wipe her tears and she also started speaking, "I.. I'm sorry, if only you told me earlier I wouldn't do that. Now I felt bad that I took a lot of your precious time and I know I couldn't bring it back to you, its just because I thought you were also excited when talking about dogs that I forgot that you have your own life. Please forgive me Tzuyu I promis I won't do such thing anymore."

Tzuyu now felt bad, she knew Dahyun intention wasn't bad and she finally able to calm Dahyun down and they talked about dogs again until 5PM. When Dahyun met Momo, she also apologized to her and Momo was a bit confused but she accepted it anyway then Tzuyu heard from afar that they were going to had dinner together. Somehow, Tzuyu felt she still unable to fit in and felt a bit sad. After getting her jacket, Tzuyu was ready to go home, but she saw Mina entered her cubicle.

"Hi, Tzuyu, about what I was about to said earlier this morning..," Mina started the conversation.

"Ah yes unnie, what can I do for you?" Tzuyu calmly asked even though she was expecting something already.

"Yes, umm since you helped me a lot lately, I just wanted to thank you properly, you really did help me a lot of my works even better than Chaeyoung..." there was a sudded silence, "EH?! Please don't tell Chaeyoung about it! I meant she helped but you helped me better these days, I do-"

"Hahahaha, yes unnie calm down I won't tell her anything, I promise," Tzuyu said

"Okay okay, so my point is that I want to ask you out to a restaurant nearby for helping me lately, don't worry it's on me hahaha," Mina told Tzuyu

Tzuyu was surprised and she agreed immediately and when both of them about to go outside, they saw Yongjun dressed very formally and neatly, even neater than usual. Mina asked where he was going to and he simply answered "I have to meet a client that I found on Tinder," and then he left.