BBQ it is!

Our Little Promises
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was way too early in the morning. 

"Why do we have theatre and photography before noon? Who even made today's schedule?" The male grumbled, trying his best to make some breakfast for himself. He only could get as far as making some rice. Besides, why cook when takeout was so cheap? Then again, he was getting annoyed with all the kimbaps 24/7 that he decided to do the worst thing ever- cook. He's glad he didn't burn anything this time around. 

Taehyung wouldn't admit he was a bad cook, he would instead argue that his skills have improved to a level where the product is at least edible. His friends don't let it slide though, using this tid-bit to always get back at him. All of them, except one- Seohyun. For some reason, Seohyun never was the type to insult food, even if its burnt. Jimin used to talk about how it was because of that part of her that allowed him to become good at cooking. And this always bothered Taehyung. He wanted her to complain, poke fun at him, anything that would be considered a normal reaction to burnt food- but she never would.

People call her humble, but he knew that something just wasn't right. And she wasn't telling him.

A notification ding caught the brunette off-guard. That sound could only mean he had an imessage notification- but he was clueless as to who it could be this early in the morning. Picking up his phone, he smiled at the contact name and the bunny emoji that accompanied it. 

    

He chuckled. He remembered that he used to be like Jungkook at one time- unsure and insecure at the perceptions people had of him. But he saw the look Jimin has when he recalls his days with Jungkook, and he saw that spark of fondness- similar to the one he shares with his younger sister, but distinctively different. Taehyung was the cheesy type at times, and he mentioned the other day to Seohyun that Jimin looked at Jungkook like he had the stars in his eyes, and Seohyun laughed but readily agreed. He only hoped that Jungkook would learn this soon, if not later, and cherish it.

Remembering Seohyun from Jungkook's text, he decided to text her and see how things were for her. Maybe it was his way of confirming his suspicions, or maybe it was to calm his nerves. He never knew for ce

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter