Chapter 3

Because I Fell in Love With You

*eee tup* The office door closes and revealed Chaeyoung. As he entered the room, he tried not to do anything annoying in case he annoys Dahyun who was already angry with him because of Mina’s scolding the other day.

“Oh hi, Chaeyoungie!” Dahyun looked towards the door and smile while waving at him enthusiastically. It seems like Dahyun kept his promise of treating Chaeyoungie well.

“Oh hey, hyung! You’re in so early today.” Chaeyoung went over to Dahyun’s table.

“Yeah… I have to finish the report so I came in early today.” Dahyun looked at Chaeyoung.

“Oh… How much have you done? I can help you for reals!” Chaeyoung said it as if he was in a hurry. He felt bad that Dahyun was doing all the report by himself.

“Nah… It’s fine. I still have another 10 pages to write. I’ve been writing the report since the day the mission ended. But anyways! Why do you look so terrible? Are you still quarreling with Mina?” Dahyun stopped writing his report for a while to look at Chaeyoung.

“Ugh... Yeah… She’s still mad at me. Whenever she’s angry with me she’ll make sure that I call her noona instead of just Mina or even baby. Ugh…”

“Hahahah! Noona?! Hahahah! She’s quite funny did you know that? Hahaha!” Dahyun couldn’t help but laugh. Though it sounded like he and Mina don’t get along well, but they’ve know each other for a very long time.

“FUNNY?! How is this funny?! I’m suffering here and you’re laughing at me? I’m gonna start crying soon.” Chaeyoung pretended to be sobbing with his shoulder moving up and down.

“Well…. Served you right for dating my cousin! Hahaha! She was one of the scary ones in our family. We always thought she was so polite and soft and all but apparently the baby penguin we knew turned into a ferocious seal after she started dating you.”

“Yeah…. Thanks… Thanks for introducing me to Mina, hyung!” Chaeyoung said it sarcastically since Dahyun was adding oil to the fire.

“Ooh~ Where is my phone…. I’m gonna call my favorite noona… The number is…”

“Oh no no no! I meant it really! I really like Mina and I am very very very thankful that you introduced her to me!” Chaeyoung quickly replied and snatched Dahyun’s phone away before he could dial Mina’s number.

“Hahaha! I was just kidding little boy.” He got up and snatched his phone back from Chaeyoung and showed him what he was looking at.

“What the heck? Who are these girls on your lock screen?!” Chaeyoung went frantic after knowing that Dahyun cheated him.

“Oh these girls? They’re my favorite! Have you heard of Girls’ Generation before? Ahh… My absolute favorite. I live to breathe the same air as them.” Dahyun closes his eyes as he took a really deep breath with a smile plastered on his face.

“Seriously…. You need some help dude. Time to come back to Earth and stop day dreaming. Find yourself a real girlfriend. Those girls will never ever be your girlfriend, not even in your dreams!” Chaeyoung patted his hyung’s shoulder.

“YA! Do you really wanna die early? Let me do whatever I want.” Dahyun gave him a death stare.

“They don’t even know your existence! Is this why you’re still single until now? Because you set such a high standard for girls that no one fits it unless it’s them. Wake up hyung!” Chaeyoung was holding both of Dahyun’s shoulder and shaking him, hoping he will come about.

“What are you talking about?! Girls’ Generation is like a country I need to protect! Neomu bbanjjak bbanjjak nunibusyeo no no no no no” Dahyun sang as he continued to fanboy over Girls’ Generation. Chaeng could only facepalmed himself as he could not understand the fanboy-self that Dahyun was secretly hiding.

*Knock knock* The chief and the team leader came in and close the door behind them.

“Ah... My two best agents!” Chief Chou called out to the both of them.

“Yes, sir!” The both of them threw away their playful side and turned serious. Whenever the chief visited the office together with the team leader, it means that they have a new mission to prepare for.

“I hope the both of you are rested well and ready for your next mission! We have received a new mission and it will begin in a week or two. As for now, the both of you will need to spy on them and try to understand their patterns.” Chief Chou told them as he put his hands on the two guys’ shoulder.

“We received a tip that there has been an illegal drug seller here and they’re doing very well. Apparently, it’s led by a guy whose nickname is Pretty Flower.” The team leader briefed them a little bit on their new mission.

“PRETTY FLOWER?!” Dahyun and Chaeyoung shouted it out together as they were surprised at the name of their new target.

“Why would such a tough sounding person give themselves such a cute nickname? And I thought Baby Tiger was cute…. Now I’m even hearing a Pretty Flower for a guy’s nickname.” Dahyun commented in disbelief.

“Hey! Don’t insult the nickname! It was given by Mina!” Chaeyoung hit Dahyun’s arm.

“Ya! Why did you hit me! I kinda figured that it was from her. Why would a tough guy like you give yourself such a cute name? I would be so embarrassed for myself…” Dahyun walked off coolly as he finishes his sentence.

“Why you little!” Chaeyoung had his hands up in the air as he pretends to strangle Dahyun.

“Oh. By the way, I’ll gather the other boys for the briefing.” Dahyun stopped for a while as he remembered to inform them of where he’s going.

 

 

“Ah~ What a beautiful day!! It must be a season of love!” The lady spin as she was saying it.

“Ya! Watch where you’re spinning! It’s the middle of fall, everyone is breaking up! You must be crazy to think that it’s the season of love!” A groggy middle-aged lady shouted at her as she just got out of a bad relationship.

“Oh geez… She must have had a bad start to her morning. Oh wells…” The young lady shrugged and continued to skip happily to her workplace.

*RIIIIIIING*

“Hello?”

“SANA!! HEY!!” Sana’s friend screamed through the phone as she was excited that the busy doctor managed to pick up her call.

“Nayeonie~! It’s been so long since we last talked! I miss you so much!” Sana squealed through the phone as she was excited that her friend called her.

“I know! It’s been like what? A week?! We used to talk to each other every day! We’re like practically married until you got that promotion to be a doctor.”

“Ah~~ I’m so sorry I have been neglecting you these past few days. Back when I was doing my residency I wasn’t as busy as this since I was just like an assistant. Since the hospital lack of doctors, they’ve decided to keep me once my residency ended.” Sana sounded sorry towards her friends of more than ten years.

“I know! Don’t worry babe! I understand! Tzuyu just came back from his business trip last week so I spent some time with him before he goes back to work. So now I’m a widower again since he went back to work… Sobs…” Nayeon pretended to cry as she thinks about her husband.

“Nawwww~ Ya! I’m your second husband. If you act like that, what am I supposed to do?” They both laughed at their silly conversation.

“Are you free tonight? The girls and I are planning to go out since Tzuyu will probably be home late, I think I can make it tonight!”

“Really?! Oh my gosh! I’m for sure in! If the famous party queen is finally able to get out of her house at night again it only means one thing. THE NIGHT IS GOING TO BE AWESOME!” Sana shouted again while she was pressing the elevator button up to her office as she was excited.

“Alright then! I’ll see you tonight! When we decided on the place, I’ll text you the location!”

“Sure! Sounds very good to me!”

“Fifth floor. Fifth floor.” The elevator operator announced to the passenger that they have arrived on the fifth floor.

“Oh! This is me! I’ll see you tonight babe! I just reached work. Bye.” Sana said happily as she bows to the remaining passenger who were still in the elevator.

“Alright. Bye! Can’t wait to see you, love!” Nayeon ended their conversation.

 

 

“Okay boys. We have a new mission!”

“Who are we dealing with this time, Team Leader Pinky?” Agent Butterfly Kiss asked.

“We will be dealing with druggies this time.” The team leader announced.

“As you all can see in your handouts, the leader of this illegal activity is someone whose nickname is Pretty Flower.” Everyone laughed the moment they heard the name of their next target.

“I know it sounds funny but this is not a laughing matter. We are still unsure of his or her real identity which makes it harder to crack this case. Also, this Pretty Flower hardly appears in public.”

“What do you mean? Does that mean this Pretty Flower person only give out orders to his or her underlings to carry out their activities without showing up in public?” Legendary Dragon asked the team leader.

“You are very right, Legendary Dragon. This makes it even harder to catch the right bad guy. However, we know most of the underlings. I would like you agents to go undercover and follow these underlings to find out more information about this Pretty Flower person. Can you do this, boy?!”

“YES SIR!” The 10 agents shouted as their leader finish giving them their orders.

“As always, be careful and watch out for each other. Always communicate with one another alright! Take as much time as you can so that you know what you’re doing and do not rush through it and give me no results! Understand?”

“YES SIR!”

 

 

“Hello?” Chaeyoung picked up his phone.

“Is this Mr. Son Chaeyoung?”

“Ah... Yes… May I know who’s on the line?”

“I am nurse Jeongyeon and I am calling from the hospital. Doctor Minatozaki told me to call you and your friend to come to the hospital today to check on your stitches.”

“Oh… Alright, I will be there in the afternoon today.”

“Oh! Could you also inform your friend for me? I couldn’t get to contact him because the number he gave us was the number for a Chinese restaurant.”

“Ah…. That…. Sure! I’ll let him know too. Sorry for the trouble.” Chaeyoung facepalmed as he couldn’t believe that Dahyun could do such a childish thing at his age.

“You’re welcome. It is part of my job. I’ll see you later at the hospital then. Bye”

“Yeah sure, bye!”

“I can’t believe this guy!” Chaeng said while shaking his head.

“Which guy? What did he do?” Dahyun raised an eyebrow as he walked towards Chaeyoung with two Starbucks in his hands.

“YOU!”

“What did I do?” Dahyun’s eyes opened widely as he did not know what happened while passing to Chaeyoung a cup of Starbucks.

“Why did you give the hospital the Chinese restaurant number that we frequently go to?”

“Oh… That… Hmm… That nurse… What was her name…?”

“Jeongyeon.”

“Yeah yeah! Nurse Jeongyeon. She looks like she needs food. She’s so skinny. So, I just did what a good citizen should do. Sharing the number of a food heaven.” Dahyun smiled rather brightly thinking that he did a good deed.

“Ugh… You’re hopeless too.” Chaeng took a sip of his Starbucks as he shook his head.

“Anyways, why did the hospital call?”

“Oh that pretty doctor wanted us to go back and see her today since it’s been almost a week we got these stitches.”

“That annoyingly weird doctor?!” Dahyun raised his voice slightly as he looked at Chaeyoung.

“Yeah. She’s pretty cute. I don’t understand why you hate her so much!”

“She’s annoying. She seems like she wanted to strip me with all of her questions about how we got these cuts.”

“Hahahaha! You’re being too sensitive hyung. But anyways, let’s go back later in the afternoon to remove our stitches.” Chaeyoung pat Dahyun’s shoulder before going to the restroom.

“Ugh… I need to meet that doctor again…”


Hello again. I'm back with chapter 3, hope you guys will enjoy the update. Do continue to leave comments as it motivates me and make writing fun ^^ I enjoy knowing what people thinks about the character and the storyline. Also, do excuse my grammar errors as I do not check them again after i write a chapter. See you guys again in chapter 4!