Chapter 2

Because I Fell in Love With You

“OH MY GOSH! CHAENGIE! WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR ARMS?!” Mina screamed in surprise.

“Oh… That… it’s nothing much Mina. You don’t have to worry too much about it haha” Chaeng replied while rubbing his nape while Mina was holding onto his other arm so dearly and looking at the bandaged arm after the stitches.

“What do you mean nothing much?! This bandage is so big! It feels like your injury is playing hide and seek with me!” Mina replied still looking worried at Chaeyoung’s arm.

“Don’t worry, baby. It’s nothing much. I just…. I mean we just…. Got into a little trouble while catching bad guys.” Chaeyoung hold both of Mina’s hands to stop her from being too worried.

“The both of you got injured together?” Mina asked as she looked into Chaeng’s dark brown eyes.

“Yeah. It was just the both of us during an emergency situation. The backups were really slow so we took down almost 10 bad guys together just the both of us.” Chaeng said while smiling as he thought about his achievement with Dahyun earlier.

“Oh… Is it…? Tell me more about it.” Mina let go of Chaeng’s hands and put it on her waist instead. She looked at him with a look of “sure, tell me more, I’m ready to hit you anytime”.

“We were so cool!! Just the both of us in a winery that was operated by the bad guy. I threw the empty wine bottles at the bad guy and Dahyun hyung quickly ran in then Bam! Punch! Punch!” Chaeyeong said in excitement while lifting his left leg in kicking motion and then his right leg followed with a few punches to the air.

“Ohh… A little bam here and punches there am I right?” Mina was saying it sarcastically as she can’t believe that her boyfriend is oblivious to the fact that she’s angry.

“Yeah!! And then we-“

“OUCH OUCH OUCH!!!”

“Mina, stop! Stop it! It hurts so badly!” Chaeyoung was screaming in pain as Mina was pulling his ears

“Why did you do that for?” Chaeng rubs his ears as Mina let go of his ears.

“You can still ask me why?! Ugh you’re so tactless!” Mina walked away leaving a confused Chaeng behind.

“What did I do wrong this time….?” Chaeng thought to himself silently.

 

 

“Agent Eagle Eye!”

“Yes, sir!” Dahyun stood up from his seat as the chief entered his office.

“At ease ma boy. You can take a seat.” The chief smiled as he saw how tense Dahyun was when he entered.

“Yes, sir! Is there anything that you would like to talk to me about?” Dahyun sat opposite the chief as he asked the question.

“No not really. Nothing much actually. I just wanted to talk to you. And call me Tzuyu instead, I’m much younger than you haha” The chief said while he rubs his nape in embarrassment as someone older than him had to talk to him formally.

“Haha! Right. If you insist si- I mean Tzuyu.” Dahyun said while laughing lightly.

“Anyways, where is Baby Tiger?” The kind chief asked Dahyun while looking around the office trying to find him.

“Oh, he went back home. He does that after every mission.”

“Do you happen to know why?” The chief asked while sitting cross-legged and folding his arms while looking at Dahyun waiting for an answer.

“It’s kinda like a reassurance he has with his girlfriend to stop her from worrying too much since our mission mostly involved us being in danger. He just wanted to put his girlfriend’s mind at ease since she knew what we do even before we reinforced the I’m Not Working Rule.”

“Oh really? His girlfriend knew that he’s a secret agent and is willing to keep it a secret? That’s some trust they have there with each other. Let’s just hope it stays like this to protect him from the bad guys.”

“How about you?” Tzuyu asked Dahyun while raising an eyebrow.

“Me? Hahaha! Nothing much. I’m still single and I have nothing much to lose so I’m all good.” Dahyun said while laughing.

“Dahyun hyung! You should start dating and stop working so much! You’re not getting any younger already. I’m only 25 years old but I’m married to my favorite girl already.” Dahyun was taken aback for a little while as his chief called him hyung and dropped all work-related hierarchy with him.

“Hyung?” Dahyun asked in shock.

“Yeah! Is it okay if I called you hyung? I feel like we should be friends instead of colleagues. It doesn’t make sense to have this barrier just because of our ranks.” Tzuyu said it in excitement just thinking about calling Dahyun, hyung.

“Yeah! Sure sure. I’m fine with it hahaha But I’m still really used to being single and I don’t think I’m that much older. Just a year. I think I can still make it haha maybe a few more years? I’m not sure. I just don’t want to be tied down by someone right now since I’m at the peak of my career.”

“Hyung, you might never know but there’s a beauty in dating someone you love at the peak of your career. I found my Nayeonie when I was at the peak and it felt great when someone constantly worries about you and share your joys with you.” Tzuyu smiled as he thought about his wife.

“Although she can be exaggeratingly worried and annoying with all the whines sometimes, but mostly she’s just really cute and adorable. She helped take my stress away.” Tzuyu continued as he released his folded arms and put both of it on his knees.

“I don’t know, Tzuyu. It sounds nice and all but I’m just worried. If something happens to me, I’m going to leave that important someone behind. I don’t think I can live seeing my love ones feeling that way.” Dahyun looked towards his feet as he didn’t know how to feel.

“I understand. But I want you to consider that. You’ll be happy mostly so don’t worry too much about it. Be in LOVE!” Tzuyu patted Dahyun’s shoulder.

“Hahaha! I’ll consider that when I found the right one. Thanks, Tzuyu, for the advice!” Dahyun laughed.

“No problem. Anyways, I came here to say good job on the mission. Now, please complete that 100 pages report before the end of this week.” Tzuyu returned to his stern chief look as he stood up and left the office.

“ARGH!! STUPID REPORT!” Dahyun wrestled himself on the sofa before he gave up and lied down on it for a bit as he thinks about what Tzuyu had told him.

 

 

“Baby! Please. Talk to me! Can you please tell me what I did wrong this time?” Chaeng rubbed his hands together as he pleaded with Mina.

“You should know what you did wrong yourself!” Mina was looking outside of the window with her arms folded.

“I really don’t. I’m really sorry for everything! Don’t ignore me please~!” This time Chaeng got on his knees while rubbing his hands showing that he is really sorry.

“Oh MY GOSH! SON CHAEYOUNG! WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU’RE DOING! DON’T EMBARRASS YOURSEF BY KNEELING DOWN! I’m not God and I do not need you to pay that utmost respect to me!”

“But…. But… You’re my goddess!” Chaeyoung laughed nervously as he tried to lighten up the mood between them by making a light joke. Mina couldn’t believe what she heard from the younger guy.

“For goodness sake! Do you ever know when to be serious? I’M ANGRY AT YOU FOR CRYING OUT LOUD. YOU KEEP PUTTING YOURSELF IN SUCH A DANGEROUS SITUATION!” Mina snapped and let go of her folded arms to turn and look at Chaeng who’s on the floor pleading.

“IT WASN’T ME! IT WAS DAHYUN’S IDEA TO GO AHEAD WITHOUT BACKUPS!” Chaeyoung shouted back as he looked at Mina.

“I knew it! You’re too dumb to say no to Dahyun!” Mina walked away as she said it while leaving Chaeyoung on the floor.

“IF DAHYUN ASKED YOU TO EAT POOP WILL YOU EAT IT TOO?!” Mina shouted back as she left.

“Wait WHAT?! How’s that the same?!” Chaeng got up and stood there confused.

“Is she on her period again?” Chaeng tilted his head from side to side still as confused as ever.

 

 

“Hello? Dahyun is that you?”

“Yeah! What is it?”

“Why do you keep putting my Chaeng in danger?! He has a cut on his arms! What if something happened to him? Are you going to take responsibility?!” Mina sounded angry over the phone.

“Look here, young lady. You knew what kind of a job he’s doing and you chose to stick with him until now. So, I don’t see what this call is all about.” Dahyun shrugged his shoulder.

“What young lady! I’m older than you, mind you! If you would only follow protocol, this might not have happened to Chaengie!”

“Mina! Are you on the phone with Dahyun hyung?!” Chaeng’s voice could be heard over the phone.

“Yeah! I’m lodging a complain to Dahyun! You can’t stop me Chaeng!” Mina replied him while trying to stop Chaeyoung from grabbing the phone. Dahyun was rolling his eyes as he heard the couple quarreling on the other side of the phone.

“Stop it Mina! Hyung is busy doing that 100 pages report alone while he allowed me to come home to you! Spare him please.” Chaeyoung is still struggling to get the phone from Mina as he pleaded with his angry girlfriend.

“It’s not Mina! It’s noona!” Mina angrily said.

“Ya! Put Son Chaeng on the speaker!” Dahyun replied in annoyance.

“YA?! DID YOU JUST SAY YA?! Ugh, you two boys are unbelievable! No form of respect for me at all! YA! Son Chaeyoung! You’re on speaker!” Mina gave up trying to educate them to be polite. She threw the phone towards Chaeyoung.

“Woahhh, asa! I caught the phone. He-hello, hyung?” Chaeyoung caught the phone and replied nervously.

“Ya! Son Chaeyoung ah! Please look after your girlfriend and don’t let her lash out at me out of the blues! You can get scolded on your own but don’t expect me to do the 100 pages report and get scolded too!” Dahyun shouted through the phone. Even though Chaeyoung put the phone at least 20cm away from his ears, he could still hear Dahyun screaming.

“Hyung, it’s not like that… Hyung! Hyung!” Dahyun hang up on him. Chaeng could only ruffle his head in frustration.

“Mina ya~~~” As he kept the phone, he breathes in loudly and released it before he used his aegyo to try and get Mina’s attention.

“NOONA! N-O-O-N-A! NOONA!” Mina screamed back from the kitchen as she was getting a glass of water to cool herself down.

“Aigoo….” Chaeyoung could only sigh as he did not know what to do with both of his favorite people. He’s tired from the mission but he had to face with a situation like this.

“Is Dahyun hyung also on his period? Ugh…” Chaeyoung gave up and sat on the couch lifeless as he thinks of ways to try and please both Mina and Dahyun.

 

 

“Stupid Son. He had to complain about it to his girlfriend. UGH!” Dahyun got up from the sofa and started writing his report that’s due at the end of the week.

“Girlfriend my foot. Ugh…. Mina noona is so scary. Why would I want a girlfriend…?” Dahyun continued to grumble as he wrote his report.

“That poor Chaeyoung tho. He had to deal with a scary girlfriend. I guess these 100 pages report isn’t all that bad, isn’t it? Hahaha!” Dahyun talked to himself as he continues to write his report. He’s used to talking to himself as he’s always alone. He doesn’t have the time to hang out with friends or even look for a girlfriend or more like he didn’t want to because of how Chaeyoung and Mina’s relationship scare him a lot.

“Sometimes I do wonder why men have to ruin their lives by getting married or even date someone. I can’t imagine myself trying to please someone else all the time. It drains up my energy. Brrrr…. Just thinking about it gives me the chills.” Dahyun pause for a while to think before he continued writing his report.

“I’ll try to treat him nicer next time. ASA! One page down, 99 more pages to go! Sigh….”

“I’ll probably have to camp in the office to finish this report before next week. Why oh why do I always do this to myself… Ugh… If only Chaeyoung wasn’t dating Mina I would have made him camp in the office with me too. I’m suffering like this so that he could stay alive, I really want to see him live longer than me.” Dahyun kept talking to himself as the day slowly drift into the night.

 

 

“WHAT?! “Is your hobby sewing or something?” That guy seriously! That’s what I get for being nice. But that makes me even more curious about their jobs… hmm….” Doctor Minatozaki was imitating Dahyun while thinking to herself as she sat cross-legged on her office chair.

“It’s not possible that they got injured from falling down and getting scratched by a bottle. It wouldn’t be that deep… Well of course, unless they’re me but no no no, I’m not THAT clumsy. Gosh. I need to stop thinking I’m accident prone. Positive thinking only, Minatozaki Sana!” Sana has a habit of talking to herself especially when she’s working because she can’t stand not talking since she was young. She’ll feel awkward if the whole atmosphere is quiet all the time so she ends up talking to herself so often that it became a natural habit.

“Anyways, today is an interesting day at work. I treated the patient who came to see me almost every other week, I wonder why he comes here so often even after I rejected him so many times! And I also met those two guys who have bottle catching as a hobby…. Interesting day indeed. Oh well… Hope tomorrow is a good day too!” Sana lift both her hands and legs up while allowing her office chair to spin her.

TBC


Hello dear readers! (: 

Since this story just started, I I updated with another chapter this week. In the future, if I am not busy, we will probably get a chapter a week. I hope you guys wouldn't mind the wait :D 

Apart from that, what do you think of this chapter? I made Mina into a clingy girlfriend while Chaeyoung is a rather tactless boyfriend who can't sense anything. How about Dahyun? Do you like this hot and cold Dahyun? HAHAHA!

Hope you guys will leave a comment other than "please update soon" (: I want to try and interact with you guys. Anyway, that's all for now. See you in the next chapter.