Chapter 4

One Spring Day

It was weekend. Finally a certain president of Orion group had his long time needed rest. Jo Kwon is lying at his living room sofa while leisurely zapping through channels. He sighed, it's still early, there is nothing to watch that much. He is bored but, he doesn't want to go out either. 'Since when did you become indecisive, Jo Kwon?' He scolded himself. 

 

When he's finally dozing off on his couch his doorbell rang. 'What the-?!' He cursed in his mind. He wasn't expecting anyone today. 'That was weird? I avoided all the possible disturbances for this weekend.' He thought as he got up and to see who is this ungrateful human. "Hyung!" Jinwoon said as soon as Jo Kwon picked up the intercom. His faced turned sour at the sight of his dongsaeng on the intercom's screen. "Why are you not answering your phone?! I thought something had happened to you." Jinwoon said. Of course he won't answer the phone, he put it on airplane mode. "Now you see, I am fine, all good. You can go." He said in a irritated tone. "Yeaah~ hyung won't you let me in? After all I walked from the train station to your place." Jinwoon said. 'Aish! He's up to something.' He thought as he went to open the door. "Yah! What's with you?! Turning up so sudden. Did you even ask for an appointment with my secretary?" He said as they went inside his house. 

 

"Hyung I don't need to set an appointment with you besides, Min told me you don't have anything to do your whole weekend." Jinwoon stated as he sit comfortably on Kwon's couch. "And since when did my secretary have to report my schedule to you?" He asked the maknae. "Since I set her up on a date with my cousin." Jinwoon stated, grinning at him. 'So she is dating this oaf's cousin huh? Gonna tease that kid tomorrow.' He mentally noted. "What brings you here?" He asked, crossing his arms. "Didn't you got Changmin hyung's message?" Jinwoon said. "Wha-" he got his phone and turn off the airplane mode and his messages came flooding in one from Changmin. The other one from Seulong and then some were the e-mails from their clients and a ton of missed calls from Jinwoon and one from JYP 'now what did my samchon wants this time?' He thought. 'Better send him a message.' He typed a text message to his uncle and send it then he faced Jinwoon as the latter speaks "Well did you see it?" Kwon raised a brow. "Yeah I read it. He's inviting us for a lunch on their newly opened restaurant in Athena hotel." He said while typing a reply to Changmin and Seulong who also reminds him about the affair later. 

 

"But what brings you here? It's just 8am." Kwon asked Jinwoon who grinned like an idiot. "I need you to accompany me in grocery shopping, hyung." Jinwoon said. "Yah! What am I your wife?!" He scolded his dongsaeng. "Come on hyung, please~! Just this once. Shopping alone is, as sad as, living alone." Jinwoon said. "Why don't you live with your brother then or call him to accompany you?" He asked. "Yonghwa hyung is busy for your roommate's upcoming comeback and besides I can't stand all the mushiness he and Joo Hyunnie displays every time, ew!" Jinwoon exclaimed. "Aish~ you're just jealous at Yongie because you still like Hyun aren't you?" He teased their maknae and the latter glared at his hyung. "Can't still get over my childhood crush with Joo Hyun aren't you? That's 13 years ago hyung! Get over it." The younger one respond, exasperatedly.

 

Kwon laughed at Jinwoon's expression. "Aiyoo~ arasseo. I'll go with you only IF you buy me a breakfast before we shop." He said, standing up from his seat. "Fine." Jinwoon said. "Ok I'll just change my clothes." He said as he walked to his room's direction. "And hyung" he called, Kwon's attention. The older male turned around looking at him questionably. "Bring you're car please, you're driving." The maknae said. "What?!" Jo Kwon exclaimed. "Hyung~ sorry! My car is with my stupid sister and my motorbike is under repair. I rode the train to get here remember?" Jinwoon explained.

 

Jo Kwon massage his head and sighed. "Arasseo... I don't have a choice didn't I?" He said. After a few minutes, the two headed out for Jinwoon's errands.

______________________________________________________

 

At Sign's office and main store in Myeongdong, Narsha is quite busy reading the recent deal her partner made. "Wow you sure score a deal from JYP ent. huh?" She said as she scanned through the minutes of the meeting. "Yeah... As I told you, samchon won't disagree with the offer plus our brand is receiving a good feedback on their artists to think we almost have all the variety most people needed I think it'll be just fine." She said. "Good thing you're dad is always here to help. I want to thank samchon for this. I always dreamed of having my own brand." Narsha said. "I know, me too. Appa is always supportive and without his mentoring, we would not be able to start our own company." She said. True enough, Sign is still a part of Son group as its sister company but, this can still call as her own. 

 

"Speaking of your dad, did you had a talk with him already, Ga-in ah?" Her unnie asked, she stiffened at the sudden topic she didn't want to breach there however, knowing her Narsha unnie, she'll press that topic. "We talked about it before few months back when I was still in New York. Appa cite his opinion." Ga-in said. "And what did samchon said?" Narsha asked. "He told me that if he were in my shoes, I should tell him as soon as, my plane landed here in Korea but, it's still my decision so if I decided what to do, I should feel free to talk to him." She said. 

 

Narsha sighed, "I assumed you didn't come up a decision aren't you? That's why you're haven't visited your parents' house yet." She said. "No I haven't. I have to decide before I go home." Ga-in said. "Very well, you know that no matter what I am going to support you, right?" Narsha told her dongsaeng. "Yes unnie, thank you." She said as she looked at the documentation for their upcoming official launch. "Unnie, I remember, appa gave us free lunch at Athena hotel's new restaurant. He said, today's the soft opening so it's exclusive for few people." She mentioned. "Oh thanks samchon for me Ga-in ah. Did you invite Jea and Miryo?" Narsha asked. 

 

"I did, Jea unnie will be a little late, she has busy bossing around her subordinate for the new issue of In style while Miryo unnie can't make it. She is busy with finishing a model for a new building project she has." She answered. "I see another project for the architect huh? She work like mad nowadays." Narsha thought, loudly. 'She always remind me of him.' She thought. "I heard from Omma, she even work for the company's latest project. So, what about Jea unnie?" She said. "She has a lot of free time so, it's good that she's busy." Narsha said. "Hmm... Will you elaborate this part of the minutes, Ga-in ah." Her unnie asked. "Arasseo unnie." She answered.

______________________________________________________________

 

Jinwoon and Kwon were a few minutes late for their lunch with Seulong and Changmin because of the former's fault. 

 

Flashback 

 

They were inside the supermarket when he realized this stupid Jinwoon forgot to make a shopping list. 'Aish this kid' he thought. "Yah! You babo child. Rule number in living on your own, always had a to do and shopping lists." He lectured. "Sorry hyung I didn't know. I'm new to this." The maknae reasoned. "That's what you get for being a spoilt baby who's afraid to leave mommy's side if you weren't kicked out by your own parents you'll probably, still be living with them." He nagged. "I was not kicked out of our house hyung. They gifted my unit for entering law school and they encouraged me live there since I would need a peaceful space to study." Jinwoon argued. Kwon rolled his eyes and continued pushing a cart.

 

End of Flashback 

 

"Yah! Why are you late?!" Seulong nagged as soon as they got inside the Olive. "Ask this troll why we are late." He said, pointing at their maknae "I'm sorry hyung. I asked Kwon hyung go shopping with me. I didn't have a list of what I need to buy so, we kinda roam around the supermarket longer than expected." Jinwoon said. 

 

"Babo. Of course you'll need a list when you go to supermarket to save time and money." Changmin stated as he approached their table still wearing his chef's uniform. "Hyung~!" The three exclaimed. "Glad to see you all again." He said. "Yah hyung where's our souvenirs from Singapore?" Seulong asked while Jinwoon said, "Hyung I'm hungry." 

 

"Yah! I haven't seen you for a month and this is the first thing you're going to say?!" The eldest said, the two grin at him. "Arasseo, I'll give yours later. For, now you can enjoy the buffet or you can go for the menu here if buffet is not your thing." Changmin said. "Nah! I'll go for the buffet hyung, I'm so hungry." Jinwoon said. "You are always hungry." The eldest muttered. "What about you Seulong?" He asked. "Hmm... I think I'll join Jinwoon but, hyung who's gonna pay?" Seulong questioned, typical thing for him. "It's in the house. Uncle's the one who told me to invite the three of you for a lunch here today." He explained. "Tell samchon, thanks. I know he's busy preparing for this restaurant's grand opening." Seulong said with that, he stood up and followed Jinwoon. 

 

Meanwhile, Kwon is just sitting in silence. He was busy looking at his phone. His dad texted him and it is about the marriage thing. They want to see him because, his grandfather would like to hear his opinion about it. 'Hear my opinion my . He'll probably will arrange me with someone into marriage.' He thought. Changmin saw Kwon's expression, he seemed irritated. "Is something a matter?" He asked. "Nothing hyung. It's just my dad is bugging me about certain matter." Kwon answered. "I see, aren't you going to eat?" Changmin asked. "I will hyung but, I'll wait till those two finish getting their food." He answered. Changmin took a seat next to Kwon and asked, "So what is bothering you? By the looks of it, I'm pretty sure your conversation with your father did not went well." Kwon, look at him and sighed. "I guess, I can never keep a secret from you, Lee Changmin." He said. "I know you since diapers. There's no sense of hiding." Changmin stated. "Yeah I know. It's just that, aboji told me to get married and have an heir to add the salt, haraboji probably set me up with someone because, he set up a family dinner as he wants to hear my opinion." Kwon said. 

 

Shock is an understatement when Changmin heard about it. "Oh no..." he muttered out of astonishment. "What did you say hyung?" Kwon asked. "Uh I mean, knowing Jo haraboji, he might have set you up. So, that makes you upset?" He asked. The a younger man, sighed. "I'm not upset, just annoyed. Aboji supposedly stood for me yet, he let haraboji control our lives again." He said.

 

"Just try to go to that dinner then, have a talk with your folks about it. For now, eat. Uncle specifically, wants you to try our food here. You know that you are his favorite, if you know what I mean." Changmin said with a wink. True the owner of this hotel likes Kwon and is good friends with his family. "Arasseo, hyung. Aren't you going to eat with us?" He asked as he stood up. "I will but, I have to change first." Changmin answered as he stood up as well. 

 

Kwon made himself busy with choosing a food to eat there are a lot of variety which all came from different places both local and international. 'Aish those two babos acting like elementary students.' He thought we he saw his two friends fighting over a food. He left the two alone and went around some more. 

 

Meanwhile, Changmin went out of their changing room and now walked towards the buffet tables when he was intercepted by a hotel staff. "Sir Ms. Son arrived with her companion. She's asking for you." The staff said. Could it be... 'So this is the main purpose for the Olive's soft opening. Aish... You're a sly one indeed samchon. Hope this is a good day.' He thought. "Ok, where is she?" He asked. "No need to meet me outside oppa." His cousin said. "Yah! I'm so hungry, I want to eat meat already." Jea exclaimed. "Shut it Jea, it's your fault we are late if it wasn't for your change of decision and made us pick you up, we won't be late." Narsha said. "Ooh... Feisty Narsha noona, as always." Changmin complimented. "Let them be oppa. So, how's my favorite cousin?" She asked. "Am I your favorite now? Yesterday you said, you love Jinki more." He said. 

 

"Well I said that because, I was a fan of their group. Never thought baby Jinki will be a top idol." She said. "You always say that. Let's go, I'll you to your seat. Did you have s reserved seat?" Changmin said. 'I hope he is too busy to see us or their seat is a little further than ours.' He thought. "We have. Let's go oppa, join us." She said as they walked towards their seat to Jea's delight. 

 

Kwon, Seulong and Jinwoon were back on their table. They were already eating when, Changmin came and to their surprise, "Omona! Ga-in ah/noona!" The three exclaimed at once.