Chapter 2

One Spring Day

"I'm sorry Kwon-ah, I can't..."

"I love him Kwon-ah..."

"I'm going with him..." 

"This is goodbye Kwon-ah..."

"Noona don't go. Please... NOONA!" 

 

Kwon jerked awake at the sound of alarm on his phone. 'What was that?' he thought. He was still in his office. 'I fell asleep huh?' He thought. Normally, he wouldn't dozed off at work but, today's a little different. He's tired. Not just physically but, his mind was drained. "No wonder I dreamed of that. I must be so exhausted." He muttered under his breath. He grabbed his phone and looked at the time and the alert of his next appointment. "Shoot! I'm gonna be late." He said. He got up and went out of his office. 

 

He passed by his secretary's workstation and find out that she isn't there. 'She must've been in a hurry that she got out as soon as 12nn strike. Hmm... a date perhaps?' He thought as he reached the elevator. 'That kid, I'm gonna pry her later when she comes back hahaha...' 

 

He reached the ground floor and went out of the building but not before he greeted their employees back. "It's sure a little humid today huh." I mumbled. He walked to a restaurant near their office. He went in and seated himself. 'I should've known he'll be late, as always.' He thought. He's meeting his college buddy and roommate, Yoon Doojoon. Yep! That famous singer Doojoon. He met him at a dorm in SNU way back. He was still that good-looking guy who has a lacked of fashion sense back then.  He was a business major while Doojoon is a music major who dreamed to become a famous singer and actor. 'Greedy fox' he thought. 

 

Few minutes had passed when his dope college buddy showed himself. "Sorry I am late Kwon-ah. My manager won't let me go until I agree to wear this disguise." He said. "Yeah right blaming hyung for your tardiness. I know you Doojoon-ah you're always late." Kwon said, rolling his eyes at his friend. "You got me. I actually fell asleep. Hyung pushed me off the couch in our practice room just to wake me. Sorry, I'm so tired lately." He explained. 

 

Kwon heaved a sigh, "There's nothing we can do about it you're busy anyway, I'm hungry. What do you want to eat?" He asked. "You're paying?" Doojoon asked, excitedly. "Aren't I always pay for our food? Seriously, you should try and treat me for a food sometime." Jo Kwon retorted back. "Don't you worry, I will someday." He said, grinning at his businessman friend. "I heard those lines for a thousand times already, you said those back in college as well." Kwon stated. 

 

They called the waiter and ordered their food. While waiting they catch up a bit, "So what's up?" Kwon asked. "I'm preparing for a new album and guess what Seulong hyung and Yonghwa hyung decided to compose and produce a song for me. This is going o be big." He said. "Good for you. I haven't seen those two lately now, I know you're the one who kept them busy." Kwon stated. "Yah! It's not everyday I asked them to do a song for me. This one is special since this album will be released on my debut anniversary." Doojoon reasoned. 

 

"Yeah, yeah... It's actually nice though. Those two were nuisance. They are always hanging out in my office whenever they aren't busy and it's kinda annoying when I'm trying to work and they are noisy." Kwon said, as their food arrived. While eating their catching up continued. "Admit it or not, you enjoy their company when work is toxic." His friend pointed out. "I didn't say, I don't. It's just that if they weren't too loud it would be fine." Kwon admitted. "Wah! I must joined them sometimes when I have a free time." Doojoon said. "Yah! What do you think of my office, a playground?!" Kwon burst out but Doojoon ignored that statement and continue eating his hamburger. 'Seriously this guy. He has no manners and he eats like a pig. Is he even an idol?' He thought. "Oh yeah, before I forgot, I saw Yonghwa hyung this morning and he told me your haraboji wants you to get married." He said as he is wiping off a ketchup on the side of his mouth. 

 

"Seriously that kid, he doesn't know to shut his mouth." He nagged. "Uhh... He's the same age as us." Doojoon interjected but Kwon ignored him and continued his monologue. "First he blabbered it with Jinwoon and now, he told you. Come on what is he?" He said. "So it's true?" Doojoon asked as soon as Kwon stopped his monologue. "It is and I don't like it even for a bit. They're pressuring me and my father even let my grandfather do whatever he wants." He said. "You didn't even dated ever since we got out of college until today that makes it twice as hard." Doojoon pointed out. 

 

"So anyone in mind? Knowing Jo haraboji, he wanted it right away." Doojoon said. "I am aware of that. That is why the pressure doubled." He said. "What about I set you up on a date with someone? You know a friend from the industry, an acquaintance back in college or my sajangnim's daughter, just like old times." Doojoon suggested with a hint of excitement on the fact his morose friend needs to find a wife.

 

"Stop that, Doojoon-ah. I'm not interested. You know that?" He said, getting annoyed by the fact that Doojoon seemed to be excited about this. "Right. Still not ready for it, you can't still get over noona aren't you?" He boldly said. Doojoon is known to be fearless. He'll say what he wants to say, that is why Kwon's grandfather is fond of him. "Doojoon-ah not that topic please." He said which made his friend frowned more. "Ok I won't but, Kwon-ah I missed you. I mean, the old funny and goofy you." Doojoon stated. "Heck! Even your kkapness I miss that. It all changed since that thing with noona happened. Just... I just want you to be ok again. So please, give this opportunity to find someone new a try." He said. 

 

Kwon sighed heavily. It's true a lot has changed since she left. 'If it didn't happen, maybe I'll be happily married to her' he thought. "Arraseo, I'll think about it but, I cannot guarantee that I'll accept that offer." He said that made Doojoon smiled. 

______________________________________________________________

 

A car stopped in a certain entertainment company in Gangnam-gu. The owner stepped out of the car and head inside. People are staring at her. She wore high class fashion. She looks stunningly gorgeous, y yet, sophisticated. The staff, artists and trainees, alike, were stunned at her beauty. By the looks of her, she is not just a fashion expert but also, she must be a daughter of some chaebol, few even recognized her. She went inside the office of a certain founder and president of this company.