Chapter 1

One Spring Day

Inside the top floor of the high-rise building in Gangnam district, sat a man of 25 year old, Jo Kwon. He was just staring at the window in his office, sighing heavily. Last night, his dad gave him a rare and odd phone call. 

 

Flashback

 

He just got home from a long day in the office when his phone rang with his dad's name on the screen. "Yeaboseo Aboji." He greeted. "Kwon-ah, I have something to discuss with you." Mr. Jo said. "What is it aboji? Is something a matter? Must I go to Suwon?" He asked. It is odd to receive a call from his father late at night in fact, it is odd that he called. He is not affectionate to begin with. "No need adeul-ah. I just want you to know, I talked to your haraboji and we think it is time for you to choose a girl to be your wife among the daughters of known family and build a family with her to secure the next generation of successor in our company." He said. "Aboji it is still early to think about that I just inherited the company and I'm still trying to get-" "Kwon-ah listen" His dad cut him off. "You must do it now. Your haraboji won't take no for an answer and you know that. He insisted that now is the right time to secure the company's next generation of successor. You know you're uncle is my only brother and he only has your noona. As per us, we only have you as our child. If you don't get married now, there will be a chance that this company your grandparents worked hard with will fall under the hands of a major stockholders and I can't allow that too. Besides, I want to be able to see my grandchildren, I'm not getting any younger. Jebal adeul-ah, you know your haraboji. You know what he can do." His father said. 

 

He knew about that fact and he doesn't want to let their Orion group be someone's empire as well but, It's just that, it is too early. He is not yet ready to get married and have children, he is not ready to move on...

 

End of flashback 

 

He massaged his temple. What will he do? Another sigh escaped. His grandfather is known as the scariest businessman in Korea he'd. They weren't all close to begin with. He is ruthless when he wants to be. Just remembering the sight of him gives shiver. He and his cousin, Mi-hye noona were scared of him.

 

A knock on his oak office door broke him out of his reverie. "Come in" he said. The door opened revealing Jung Jinwoon, a current SNU law school student and childhood friend "Hyung, I heard the news from Yong-hyung. Jo haraboji wants you to get married so what will you do?" He said. Sitting on the couch by the coffee table.

 

"How did Yonghwa find that one out?" Kwon asked, sitting beside him. "Apparently, my brother met your dad yesterday while he and Hyunnie were eating at a restaurant in Suwon before Busan's football match at the stadium they supposed to watch." The younger man explained. "He sure have a lot of free time to go out on a date with his girlfriend. Aigoo~ you must be jealous, Jinwoon ah." He joked. Though it is true for a known composer, he sure have a lot of free time. 

 

"I am not hyung besides, it's been a while since they've gone out on a date. Yonghwa-hyung is busy with his projects while Joohyun is busy with directing a new MV for a boy group. Workaholic freaks like you hyung." He said which earned him a smack on the head. "Yah! I am not workaholic it's just that I'm busy with the preparation for the launch of our new condominium buildings next month. Not like your sister, Nicole and that stupid brother of yours." The older guy retorted, nagging at this big baby while the maknae is massaging his head. "You are as violent as my noona." He muttered under his breath. "Speaking of, how's Nicole? I haven't seen much of her and Yong since your omoni's birthday party." Kwon said. "She's with Omma. They are having a business meeting in US and omma is her legal adviser." Jinwoon told him. "Your family is sure busy ey~" I said. "Yes they are. Appa, will be having a recital with his crew next week and I am here because wait..." he said, bringing out a ticket on his wallet. "He invited you to go." Jinwoon handed the said concert ticket to the older male. "Oh I see. Tell Jung aboji, I'll be there ok?" Kwon said. "So going back, what is your plan? You know Jo haraboji won't take no for an answer." The younger lad said. 

 

Jo Kwon groaned. "Here I thought, you forgot about it." The maknae smiled at him and said. "I may not have my omma's look but, I have her intelligence hyung. You think I would forget that?" Jinwoon said with a touch of little boast in his part. "Yeah, yeah... I heard that million of times already." Jo Kwon said. He sighed "Honestly, I don't know. My father and grand father were so pushy about the subject but, I can't just marry anyone, you know that." The younger man looked at him and smiled. "Because you are still in love with noona after all these years." He said. "Yah! Jinwoonie you're supposed to be studying. Don't you have classes today?" Kwon said, avoiding the subject. "Ey~ you're avoiding it hyung and my classes won't start until 3pm, it's just 11am." The maknae said, laughing while Kwon is giving him a pleading look "Arraseo, I won't pry you further. I should be off now." Jinwoon said, getting up. "Thanks for these Jinwoon-ah." He said, motioning the tickets. "You're welcome hyung." He said as he walked out of Kwon's the office's door. 

______________________________________________________________

 

Meanwhile inside the famous JYP entertainment company in Gangnam-gu, the founder himself and his business partner, a known actor-composer/ eldest son of Im financial and major shareholder of this company by the name Im Seulong, were having a morning coffee together at the former's office. "Seulong-ah have you heard any news from Jo Kwon lately?" Park Jinyoung asked. "I haven't talked to him since Mrs. Jung's party. He's quite busy lately. What's up hyung?" He asked. "Well... I heard from my sister that brother-in-law asked Kwon to get a wife and have children." The older man said.

 

"What? But, Kwon is just 25. He isn't even interested in dating since he's in college." Seulong stated. "More like, he stopped dating like mad when he realized she'll never come back and return his feelings with his act." He muttered under his breath.  "What did you say?" JYP asked. "Nothing hyung, I was just recalling my schedules for today." He said. "Eyy... don't deny it you punk. I know all about her and Kwon." JYP said, smacking Seulong a file on his desk. "Ouch." He said. "You know hyung, he is sensitive about that topic." Seulong explained. "I know. I saw how miserable he was and how it change him. I always thought they would end up together." JYP thought. "Yeah... but they didn't. I remember how Kwon is that time." 

 

Flashback

 

Seulong just got back home from his last class for this week. 'Finally a rest.' He thought. He's been coming home late since Monday because of their deadline for a certain class and filming for his new drama. 'Hmm... I think I should take a nice hot bath to loosen up my tired muscles.' He thought as he entered his room. He was setting his books and papers down when his phone rang. It's Jo Kwon. "Hello?" The voice from the other line said. And no it is not Kwon. "Hello who is this? Why are you calling through my friend's phone?" He asked curiously. "Uh mr. I happen to be on Hongdae and mr. owner-ssi got into a fight with thugs on the street so, I called the police and right now we are at a hospital nearby. Mr. owner ssi asked me to call you." The guy who helped Kwon said. "Ok I'll go there uh..." I trailed off. "Choi Minho." The caller said. "Choi Minho-ssi. Thanks for helping my friend." He said. He quickly got his car keys and drove off to a hospital near Hongdae. There he saw Kwon sitting on a hospital bed full of bruises, swollen face and his right arm was cast. "What happened?" He looks at his hyung blankly. "I'm tired hyung. I can't take all the pain she left me." He answered. He is lifeless and he never seen him like this. Her disappearance from his life makes him like this and from that day his friend changed.

 

End of flashback

______________________________________________________________

 

Park Jinyoung is busy tidying up his office after Seulong's visit. 'That kid sure knows how to make a mess' he thought as he's cleaning his table. He has to make his office at least, a but presentable for his special visitor, his 'niece-in-law' as the trainees and employees of JYP ent. dubbed. 'Hmm... I wonder how would he react if he finds out.' He thought as he continued arranging the files on his desk.