Chapter 2

Love at First Bite
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hey Tris”, Jungkook said. “Hey, how is your first week going?”, Tris asked. “Well I haven’t really done much yet, I have kind of just being going around and meeting everyone”, he said. “What about the cooking”, Tris asked. “About the cooking, how necessary is that in my job requirements?”, he asked. “Hmm, well considering you are the chef, I would say maybe 99, no wait 100% necessary”, Tris said. “I don’t think I can do this”, he said, panicked. “Why, you seemed fine after our talk”, she said. “That was before”, he said. “Before what?”, she asked. “Before I had to actually cook something”, Jungkook said burying his face in his hand.

“What are you so nervous about?”, Tris asked. “What if they don’t like my food?”, Jungkook said. “Jin said you are an amazing chef, he wouldn’t have hired you if he thought differently”, Tris said. “Jin is biased”, Jungkook said, “he feels like he owes me more than he does”. “What do you mean?”, Tris asked. Jungkook was in no mood to have that discussion right now. “He just overestimates my skill”, he said. “Well how are you going to know if people like your food or not; if you don’t make anything for them to try?”, Tris asked. “I thought I would have more time. I thought I would practice for a bit, get used to the kitchen and the staff”, he said. “I am not ready to be head chef yet”, he said.

“Okay, so then what are you ready to be?”, Tris asked. “I just want to cook, without any pressure and I know, I know that’s an immature thing to say because every job comes with the pressure”, he said. “It’s not immature, it’s normal”, Tris said. Jungkook looked at her with wonder. How did she keep making him feel like he wasn’t a pathetic loser? “There’s something I have been meaning to ask you?”, he said. “What is it”, Tris asked. “I have been experimenting and trying out a lot of different menus, but before I try it out on the world but I need an honest opinion”, he said. “Okay”, Tris said.

“How about every night, when everyone goes home, I make you a dish to try out and you can tell me if it’s good enough or not”, Jungkook said. “I am not really a food critic”, Tris said. “I know, but you have been in this business for a long time and so you do have knowledge about it”, he said. “Well, if it will help in making you more confident, then sure, but nights don’t work for me”, Tris said. “That’s fine, how about between lunch and dinner, when things are a bit quiet?”, he asked. “That will be perfect”, Tris said. Jungkook smiled at her before realizing why he was actually smiling. It wasn’t because someone agreed to try out his new dishes; it was because he was going to be spending more time with Tris. 

~~~~~~~

Jungkook entered the kitchen feeling more confident. He opened up his recipe book and looked through the recent stuff he’s been trying wondering which he should pick for their date later. Date? It’s not a date Jungkook, what are you thinking! The thought popped into his head before he could

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter