Chapter 4

Love at First Bite
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jungkook had not planned on going in to work on a Saturday, but then he remembered that he had left his phone there. There were two missed calls and a message from Tris that read: 'I am so so sorry, I am not going to make it tonight, please have an amazing time and enjoy the rest of your birthday!' Jungkook smiled, as he read the message again. Today is the day, he thought, today is the day he is going to ask Tris out on a date. He could no longer wait until Monday.

Jungkook usually never worked on the weekends, so he had been surprised to see the amount of customers in the restaurant. Why had Tris or Jin never asked him to come in when they were so busy? He searched her office and all the dining halls, but there was no sign of Tris.  Was she not at work today? “Hey Ash, have you seen Tris around?”, he asked. “Yeah, I think she’s on a phone call outside”, Ash said.

Jungkook went outside but could still not find Tris. What he did find was a little boy, sitting all alone in the play area. He was holding a soccer ball and it looked as if he had been crying. "Hey", Jungkook said, sitting down next to the kid, "What's wrong?". "Nobody wants to play with me", the kid sniffled through his words, "Because I’m not a good player". "I'll play with you", Jungkook felt sad for the boy. The child's face lit up and he and Jungkook started kicking the ball around. Soon the other kids who had refused to play with him; joined them.

"Thank you", the kid said. "You're welcome", Jungkook ruffled his hair, "You are a really good player, don’t doubt yourself”. "But I was bad yesterday", the kid said, "My whole team made fun of me for missing a shot". This kid was way too young to be feeling bad about that. "What's your name", he asked. "Kim Joohyuk", the child said. "It’s nice to meet you Joohyuk, I’m Jungkook… So tell me something. Do you like playing this game?". Joohyuk nodded. "Then that’s all that matters. It isn’t always about winning or losing. Enjoy the game while you can. And if you feel like you want to get better, then you just need to practice".

"I have no one to practice one”, Joohyuk’s face grew sad again, “Wi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter