Chapter 3

Love at First Bite
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It had been a month since Jungkook started working at Spring Day. He was finally starting to feel confident about his roles and responsibilities. Customers loved his food and the restaurant was getting a lot of publicity for having such a young head chef. Jungkook had been enjoying every moment of it; but his favourite part of the past month had been his afternoon tasting sessions with Tris. Even though they had only lasted between 10 to 15 minutes; it was the best part of his day.

Jungkook entered a completely empty kitchen. Where was everyone? He kind of hoped no one was coming to work today, because he just wanted to be alone for a moment. After waiting a while, there was still no one entering the kitchen, so he decided to go find them.

~~~~~~~

“Surprise”, the entire restaurant staff yelled, when he had opened one of the dining room doors. The room was decorated in balloons and streamers and the tables were filled with snacks and there was Tris, in the middle of the crowd, with a birthday cake in her hand. Jungkook wasn’t sure what expression he had on his face, but whatever it was; it had made Tris lower the cake. No one else seemed to notice, as they were too busy wishing him a happy birthday. Jungkook went over to Tris, lifted her hands back up and blew out the candles. “Happy Birthday”, she said. Everyone then proceeded to sing the happy birthday song for him as one of the waitresses cut a piece of cake and fed it to him. They had celebrated for about 30 more minutes, before everyone got back to work.

~~~~~~~

“Hey, can I talk to you in my office”, Tris said, once the party had ended. Tris closed her office door and asked Jungkook to take a seat. “I’m so sorry”, she said. “For what?”, he asked. “I saw the expression on your face when you saw everything. It was pretty clear you didn’t want any of that. I just knew it was your birthday today, from your file, so I thought it would be a nice surprise. I didn’t mean to put you in a situation you didn’t want to be in”, Tris said.

“No, please don’t feel bad about anything. It was a really sweet thought”, Jungkook said, “It’s just that… every birthday… I used to wake up to my mother holding a cake in her hand. But today was the first t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter