37.5 Degrees Jihoon

37.5 Degrees

 

The group seventeen is known for their talented singing and choreography, but it is only with hours upon hours of hard work that they are able to stay in sync.  Soon young is extremely strict and picky when it comes to the dances that seventeen preforms, each move must be perfect. That’s why, despite the thirteen members exhaustion, they continued to practice late into the night.

 As they broke for a short break, Jihoon quickly ran to get some water. For some reason this four hour practice session was especially exhausting. As he drank from his water bottle, Jihoon saw Mingyu laughing and joking around with both Seungcheol and Jisoo. He was excited and jumping up and down as he demonstrated a dance move. The Hyungs both laughed at Mingyu wildly flailing his arms. Jihoon snorted and finished the rest of his water.

“Just last night he was so sick he couldn’t even go to his own bed” he thought irritably. He felt a sudden pang in his chest as he remembered Mingyu’s warm and heavy presence in his bed. It hadn’t been comfortable….at first, But somehow he had managed to sleep last night. “Just don’t think about it, we can both forget” He thought hurriedly as Soon young yelled for the members to get back into position.

The dancing began again, but this time Jihoon noticed the lights seemed to brighter. They were shining in his eyes and making it almost impossible to see; and why did his arms feel so heavy?

He couldn’t help himself, he stopped in the middle of the song panting and covering his eyes. “Jihoon hyung?” Chan gave Jihoon a look “Are you winded? You need to walk outside more hyung”

The other members laughed and Jihoon waved them off “Sorry, I just couldn’t see very well” His face and neck was getting warm. It must be because the members were picking on him.

AS they continued, Jihoon realized the warmth wasn’t going away, it got worse and worse. The ache in his shoulders became unbearable. “Pull it together” He thought to himself “You have to work hard, you have to, for carats-“.

“Jihoon Hyung” Jihoon heard, it sounded like Mingyu’s voice, but far away. “Hyung!” Again, he felt a firm hand shaking his shoulder.

“Huh?” He blinked, all the members were looking at him concerned as he collapsed to the floor. “Ah I knew something was up with him” Jun said rushing over with some water.

“Are you ok? Jihoonie?” Jeonghan said grabbing Jihoon’s other shoulder.

“Yes” Jihoon said sullenly. He hated being the center of attention, and he was also angry at himself for interrupting the practice once again.

“I think I may have given him my cold” Mingyu said guiltily “Can I take him back to the dorm to get medicine?”

“Ah, of course you did” Seungcheol said “Take him back, he’s way out of it”

“Stop” Jihoon muttered, everything hurt, but for some reason he didn’t want to go back to the dorm “I don’t want…”

“Stand up” Mingyu pulled him shakily to his feet “We can come back ok? We’ll just get some medicine” He said soothingly as he attempted to lead the feverish Jihoon out of the practice room.

“Dammit, Its hot as in here” Jihoon mumbled, his legs kept giving way as Mingyu attempted to lead him back to the dorms. “Let go of me already” he ripped his arm out of Mingyu’s grasp.

“Ah, I’m sorry I gave this cold to you” Mingyu scratched the back of neck “I’ll take responsibility hyung, so please don’t feel bad” He reached for Jihoon but the feverish boy slapped it away

“Go back, I can make it myself” Jihoon didn’t want to be touched, it was so hot, and he was feeling so sick he was scared he might cry if someone showed kindness to him. Also he was pissed with Mingyu for getting him sick in the first place.

“You’re going to take forever if you try to walk to the dorms like that” Mingyu laughed “You look like a grandma walking that slowly”

“Then don’t watch!” Jihoon snapped, wincing as he did. “Ugh…”

“Alright enough of this” Mingyu reached down and scooped Jihoon up gently, before walking carefully towards the dorms.

“Stop, it’s too hot” Jihoon protested “I hate it! Stop it!”

“Why are you so whiny?” Mingyu said as he walked into their shared dorm room “Hyung is never like this”

“It’s because of you, idiot” Jihoon said miserably “You made me sick”

Mingyu laid him down on his bunk and leaned down over him “I’m sorry hyung” He whispered. He got up and left to find medicine.

It was such a relief to be lying in bed, Jihoon laid still for a moment, finally able to relax. If he was being honest it wasn’t entirely Mingyus fault. Jihoon hadn’t been eating properly or sleeping. He had brought some of it on himself.

Mingyu returned with some water and medicine. “Do you prefer the lights on or off?”

“Off” Jihoon whispered. To be honest he was so hot he wanted to take most of his clothes off, but he wasn’t about to do that with the lights on.

“Let me help you get dressed first” Mingyu pulled back the sheet that Jihoon had hurriedly pulled over himself.  “Black jeans are uncomfortable to sleep in right?” He joked tugging on Jihoons pant leg.

“Why-no!” Jihoon stammered “Mind your own business bastard! Go back to the practice”

“It’s because you took such good care of me, when I wasn’t feeling well” Mingyu said quietly “I like that side of hyung, when you are caring and not looking at me in annoyance” He reached out to touch Jihoon’s bangs and brush them away from his face “But, I think I like this side of hyung too, it’s cute”

Jihoon didn’t know what to say as he stared at Mingyu’s face, looking at him with such obvious affection. He grabbed the sheet and pulled it back over his face.

“I don’t feel well, so leave me alone before I kick your ” He said from behind the sheet.

“Ok I get it” Mingyu stood up from the bunk and turned off the light. 

The medicine started taking affect, and Jihoon felt his eyes finally grow heavy as he began to fall asleep. He was so out of it he didn’t feel Mingyu pulling off his socks and shoes and helping him into his sweatshirt. He also didn’t notice when Mingyu, hesitating before heading back to join the other members, leaned back over the bed.

“Sorry hyung” He whispered before gently kissing the sleeping Jihoon’s forehead “Feel better”.