37.5 Degrees Mingyu

37.5 Degrees

37.5°

It had been a long time since Jihoon had seen his bed and he was sorely missing it. His back ached from sitting in the uncomfortable position that helped him think and his eyes felt heavy. Pushing back from his desk he gave a yawn and stretched his hands high above his head. He gave his sore neck a rub as he put his laptop back into his bag and swung his coat over his shoulders. Giving a final polite goodbye to the other remaining staff members Jihoon began heading back to the dorms. This last week he had been out as late as 3 am working. Besides the work for seventeen he also had his own side projects he was working on.

Drowsy and tired Jihoon finally made it back to the dorm, the hallways silent as he walked down them. Most of the members would be asleep but he could hear noises coming from one of the rooms.

One of the doors swung open and the muffled noises became crystal clear. Loud laughing and obnoxious snorting. Jisoo poked his head out and looked around, stopping when he saw Jihoon.

“I thought you would be back soon” He smiled charmingly and closed the door behind him “I just wanted to give you a heads up, Mingyu was feeling really sick I don’t know if he’ll be asleep or not, but can you make sure he’s still alive? Before you pass out yourself”

“Ah, ok” Jihoon said “Are you guys going to stay up much later?”

“We’re pulling an all-nighter so don’t worry about us.” Jisoo reopened up the door “Good night~”

Jihoon could still hear loud laughter but his room was at the end of the hall. So hopefully the noise wouldn’t reach that far.

When he reached his dorm room he made sure to very gently open the door. “Damn I have to get dressed in the dark” Jihoon thought as he tried to clumsily remove his coat.

“Hyung are you back?” A muffled and deep voice came from the bottom bunk.

“Yeah, I can’t see can I turn on the lights?”

Mingyu gave a quiet yes and Jihoon stumbled towards the switch. After fumbling for a while he managed to turn on the lights.

Mingyu was lying on the bottom bunk (Jihoon’s bed) and was wearing only a black t-shirt and shorts. His sweaty bangs were plastered to his face as he squinted. “Hyung it’s really cold...”

“Put on some more clothes then! And why are you in my bed? ”Jihoon said as he put away his laptop and coat.

“I want my hoodie” Mingyu whined even though there were piles of blankets and pillows surrounding him. It looked like Mingyu had pulled his blankets down onto Jihoon’s bed with him. Despite the tons of bedding covering the small bottom bunk, Mingyu didn’t have a single blanket on top of him. His bronzed arms and legs were exposed and covered with goosebumps.

“Fine, where is it?”

“With minghao, I think? Ugh its sooo cold”

Jihoon pulled his own sweatshirt over his head and walked over to the bed.

“Go to your own bed, if you get under your blankets you’ll warm up eventually”

“You’re so heartless” Mingyu moaned “My limbs are too shaky to move, it really hurts” He reached over and grabbed Jihoon’s arm. “Don’t make me move please” His voice broke slightly, it was slightly deeper and raspier than usual, Jihoon noticed. Mingyu looked at him with pleading eyes “Please Hyung”

“If you’re cold why don’t you put a blanket on” Jihoon reached to pull a sheet over Mingyu, his fingers brushed over Mingyu’s hand. It was burning hot.

“Nooo, I get too hot” Mingyu whined as Jihoon pulled the sheet over him.

“Wait here, I’ll get you some medicine” Jihoon stood up and yawned. He was starting to get tired.

“I already took medicine” Mingyu said “But can I have some water?”

 

After getting Mingyu a glass of water, Jihoon grabbed his pillow.

“Hyung where are you going?”

“I’m going to sleep in your bed” Jihoon said irritably “Try to sleep ok”

Mingyu sat up “I’ll stay here in the corner and I promise I won’t move much”

Some of Mingyu’s color had returned, but he still kicked off the sheet Jihoon had put on top of him.

Exhausted, Jihoon noticed that Mingyu’s top bunk was covered in clothes. “That bastard” Jihoon thought “No wonder he didn’t want to sleep in his own bed.

Admitting defeat he collapsed into his bed besides the sweating Mingyu. Who immediately rolled over and closed his eyes contently.

Jihoon had almost begun to fall asleep when he felt something grab him from behind. “Hey! You said you would stay on your side”

Mingyu snuggled his face into Jihoon’s back “But I’m cold”

“You aren’t even wearing any blankets…”

“It’s too hot” Mingyu threw his leg on top of Jihoon and reached his arm over his shoulder.

“How is this not hot?” Jihoon was beginning to feel very hot and claustrophobic underneath Mingyu. His heart rate was starting to get uncomfortably fast.

“Hyung is too soft and warm” Mingyu muttered, his hot breath brushing against Jihoon’s neck. His hair was damp, but soft as it rubbed against Jihoons neck.

"Thanks hyung" Mingyu said, his voice sleepy "I'll work extra hard tommrow...so-"

“Get off” Jihoon protested, but his pleas fell on deaf ears as Mingyu had already fallen back asleep.

Slowly, despite how suffocating Mingyu was on top of him, Jihoon felt his exhaustion overpower him and he slowly drifted off to sleep.