1 Hour

Elevator
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"This is your fault," Taehyung grumbled to Namjoon as he grunted, him and Namjoon working together to lift  Yoongi into the ceiling.

"Just shut up!" Yoongi snapped from above them. "I'm sick of the arguing! Taehyung, you never confessed to me, so you cannot go and blame Namjoon for dating me. Namjoon, stop being so hard on Tae because he's loved me longer and it's hard for him."

"I didn't say anything!" Namjoon whined as he stood from his kneeling position in unison with Taehyung, the two growing tall enough for Yoongi to step onto the outside of the elevator. "Please be careful up there..."

"Jesus!" Yoongi shouted, making both Taehyng and Namjoon flinch in fear. "Guys, get up here!"

Taehyung, watching Yoongi stand on top of the lift, bit his lip and looked at Namjoon. "Would you send me up there, and then Yoongi and I will pull you up next?"

Namjoon sighed and nodded. He got down onto one knee and helped Taehyung climb onto his shoulders, grunting as the younger's shoes dug into his skin. "When I stand upright," Namjoon panted, shaking from Taehyung's weight, "I want you to jump and pull yourself up there, and then help me up. But please move carefully so that this whole thing doesn't come crashing down."

Taehyung nodded and prepped himself, waiting for Namjoon to stand. Once he did, Taehyung leaped up through the hole and latched onto the top of the ceiling, his lower body swinging as he huffed. Yoongi sleekly rushed over and grabbed Taehyung by the arms and helped pull him up. The elevator shuddered as they leaned into the hole and grabbed Namjoon by the arms when he jumped up, yanking him up with them.

They turned to face the closed doors that would lead to the ground floor. Smoke poured from between the cracks and they all could feel an uncomfortable heat take a hold of them. They stared in utter defeat at the closed door, seeing how the chute was positioned at about two-thirds its height. So even if the doors were open, there was a small chance they couldn't even fit through to get onto the floor.

Namjoon sat down with a slow shake of his head. Yoongi and Taehyung exchanged broken glances before sitting down with him. Taehyung's body began involuntarily shaking as a harsh realization struck him. The realization that he wasn't going to get out.

The realization that either he was going to fall to his death, or burn to a crisp.

Yoongi smiled and shifted towards his boyfriend, away from Taehyung as tears built in his eyes. Namjoon wrapped one, weak, defeated arm around Yoongi's shoulders as the oldest murmured softly, "And now we die..."

He furrowed his brows. "Why're they still singing? Have the firefighters not saved them yet?"

"What're you talking about?" Namjoon asked.

"Jimin and the others," Yoongi pressed, looking at Namjoon with pursed lips. "They're still singing. Can't you hear them? Taehyung?" Yoongi looked towards the youngest in defense.

Taehyung and Namjoon strained their ears and waited, but they heard nothing but crackling and creaks. With a shake of his head, Namjoon said, "There's no one singing, hyung. Are you sure you're hearing correctly?"

Yoongi paused for a moment, closing his eyes and leaning his head to the side. After a moment, he opened his eyes once more and chuckled. "No, I guess not."

All three of them shifted carefully, eyeing the single, thick metal cord holding them up. They tried their best to get comfortable as the heat from the fire on the other side of the doors steadily increased. 

Taehyung closed his eyes, allowing his thoughts to consume him as fear clutched his heart so tightly that it made it hard for him to breath. He bared his teeth as tears rolled down the sides of his face and into his hair.

This can't be happening. This... this can't be the end. 

How cruel. How unfair.

Namjoon, I'm glad you were my bandmate. I'm sorry I said I hate you. And Yoongi hyung...

Yoongi hyung...

Yoongi hyung.

"Yoongi hyung!"

Taehyung sat up, his head fee

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter