EXO D.O.: My Bestest Friend, Kyungsoo

RANDOM ONESHOT COLLECTION

My Bestest Friend, Kyungsoo

OC POV- First Person!
Warning: Cursing

Words: 732


“Damn sorry to hear that, but don’t worry. Love is fake anyways. Get money”

This is why no one goes to Kyungsoo for comfort. He doesn’t do emotions, at all. One look says it all. Yet, he was the first person I called after my boyfriend and I broke up and got kicked out of our shared apartment.

I had no idea what I was thinking at that moment, but as if everything in the world made sense, I called Kyungsoo for emotional support.

“Wow, that TOTALLY makes me feel any better,” I sniffed back my runny nose and sat down on the bench of the bus stop.

“Well, your sass is working just fine. Hon, do you not hear me trying?”

“You should be renamed Do Better.”

I hear a snicker over the line.

“Does making fun of my name make you feel better?”

I couldn’t fight the urge to grin. “A little.”

“Then there you go! I’m doing my job just fine. Sheesh, you’re so mean.”

I frowned and scoffed. “Says the one who at helping others, let alone comfort.”

I imagine him fighting down his usual comeback. We had yet to do our daily banter, thus our conversation starting like this. I honestly wish I was with him right now. Embracing him and crying on his shoulder just to make him screech from the uncomfortable with skinship. But he lived too far away from where I was.

He clears his throat in the background, “where are you now?” 

A puff of vapor escapes my mouth from a sigh, “At the bus stop. I think I might crash with Baek.”

“Isn’t he out with Jongdae and Joonmyeon for drinks?”

A curse slipped and I began to feel another wave of burning tears. 

In the winter Seoul night, 15 degrees outside and no one around but pitch-black darkness, I never felt this vulnerable. I shivered and snuggled deeper into the trench coat I managed to grab before I left. Unfortunately, I didn’t have anything else with me but my phone and wallet.

Not long after the bus came rolling by and I got up from my seat. 

“I’ll figure it out later, the bus is coming right now-“

“Then make sure you get off at the 5th stop. I’ll pick you up from there.”

His tone was completely serious and I was taken aback by it. But my mind flickered back to the last moments with my ex. The remaining mental strength came crashing down hearing how soothing Kyungsoo's voice was. I said ok in a shaky voice.

“See you soon,” he said and abruptly ended the call. I climbed the steps into the bus and noticed that it was empty. I went straight to the back and plopped down like gravity was pulling me down. Tears were dripping down my face as I felt my heart bring shredded like it was put in a blender. It hurt so much that I was gasping for air. Before I knew it, I was full blown sobbing- my rib cage shaking, my ears ringing, my face burning, and my hand gripping anything it could find until my knuckles turned white. Each thought flickers in my mind about my ex, anything and everything about him. 

I didn’t even register that the bus had arrived at my stop, and Kyungsoo was in front of me, embracing me in his secure arms. 

“I- I- Kyungsoo- I- it hurts-“

“Shhhh,” he hums and rubbed circles in the center of my back, “I know. I’m here now. You’ll be alright.”

I was gripping his puffer jacket, and my face smushed against his stomach.

He got me to stand up and walked me off the bus. It zoomed off the moment we stepped off. We stayed there for a few more minutes while I sobbed into his shoulder. He rocked me back and forth in his arms, responding to my jumbled mess of words. There was no hint of sarcasm or crudeness in his words. He spoke objectively in every response and each time calmed me down little by little.

Finally, when I got a hold of myself, we continued to rock back and forth in silence with occasional sniffles.

“Are you feeling better now?”

I nodded my head to his shoulder.

“Good cuz I’m freezing my off.”

I giggled but it was muffled by his jacket.