Chocolate and missing you

I want you

I looked at Jin who is walking beside me,upset and biting his lips while staring at his phone.

 

“Why the frown, Jin?"

 

Immediately, Jin looked at me in the eye, his frown replaced with a smile that didn’t reach his eyes.

 

“It’s nothing, the kids are just asking when am I returning after the dinner with you”, he replied and looked down at his phone as he typed out his replies. I gave a nonchalant shrug as a reply.

 

What I didn’t know was that besides his dongsaengs questioning when was he returning, Namjoon directly messaged Jin. Wondering why was Jin constantly hanging out with me.

 

As Jin kept his phone in his pocket, we walked passed an old lady selling trinkets on the streets.

 

“Beware of the friends you make, they may look humane on the outside, but inside they are devils”

 

Jin turn his head and looks at the old lady with confusion on his face.

 

“Why would you say that halmoni…”

 

I put my arm around his shoulder and slightly push him to continue walking, “let’s not stop, the cake shop that you want to go might be closing soon.”

 

“Oh! You are right Hyung.” With that, Jin started to walk faster to our destination. I turned and glared at the old lady. Guess there are still some gifted human living in this world.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“We are finally here! I told you it’s only a 5 minutes walk from the restaurant!” Jin exclaimed and hurriedly entered the shop as I smile at his adorableness and trailed after him.

 

In the display, were numerous variety of cakes. Jin had a small pout and muttered under his breath, “What cake should I get…”

 

“Ah! That's the cake that Joonie likes….” His voice trailed off as he points at the Belgian chocolate cake.

 

“I’m sorry Hyung, I don’t think I’ll be eating dessert tonight. I’ll just get some cakes home for the kids...I think they miss me”

 

“It’s alright, I will wait for you to buy the cakes and then send you home”, I said and sat on one of the available chairs.

 

“Hyung! You don’t have to, I can just call a cab.”

 

“Don’t make me treat you the cakes as well. Just let me send you home.”

 

And with that, Jin started to get his cakes, well, with a small pout on his lips too.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Bye Hyung and thank you for the ride home”, Jin exclaimed and closed the door of the car and watched as Mr Lee slowly drove off. Once Mr Lee’s car was out of sight, he slowly made his way up to his home.

 

The lights were switched off when he reached home. The kids must have slept already, he thought and hummed a sweet melody as he removed his shoes. He brought the cakes to the kitchen and place them delicately in the fridge, handling with extra care with the Belgian chocolate cake. Hoping the kids will be surprised by the cake in the morning, Jin poured himself a glass of water.

 

Suddenly, he felt arms around his waist and a warm body against his back. He almost choke on his water and the culprit pat his back, trying to help.

 

“I’m sorry Jin hyung!. I didn’t mean to scare you!” Namjoon exclaimed with worry.

 

“Ya! It’s dark and I thought everyone's asleep. I almost got a heart attack!” Jin turned around and replied after his coughing fit. Secretly glad that it was dark and Namjoon couldn’t see his ears were flaming red.

 

“I’m really sorry…”

 

Jin stared at the leader of Bangtan and spoke with a gentle voice. “Come here you silly.”

 

Jin wrapped his arms around Namjoon and Namjoon returned his hug. As they hugged, they both had the exact same thought.


‘I miss you’