Epilogue

Second Chance

October 31st 2017

 

“Hobi! Hurry up or we are going to be late!” Jang Mi yelled from her place in his living room. “I’ll be out in a second!” he shouted back. She shook her head as she heard him banging about in his bedroom. She sighed and adjusted her outfit. Their original idea had been to dress up as Pikachu and Ash from Pokémon, with her assuming that she would be Pikachu but she had been surprised when Hobi had protested. She couldn’t fight the chuckle that made its way out of when he burst through the door in a Pikachu onesie.

 

“What? Don’t I look cute?” he asked as he tried out various poses. She could only laugh at her boyfriend’s antics. “Come on, or were going to be late for Jimin's party.” She said as she reached out for him. He quickly linked his hand with hers as they left his apartment and made their way to Jimin's apartment. Hoseok swung their hands back and forth as they walked. “So, our one year anniversary is coming up soon.” He said. She nodded, “We still have some time.” she said. “Don’t plan anything.” He warned. “I already have the best surprise ever planned.” He said, a note of smugness in his voice.

 

She raised an eyebrow, “Really? What is it?” she asked, the curiosity too much for her to handle. He shook his head, “If I tell you then it won't be a surprise, will it?” he teased, knowing that it would drive her crazy not knowing. “Hobi~” she whined in an attempt to be cute. “Nuh uh, yeobo.” He said, his voice light and teasing as he lightly tapped her nose with his finger. “If you want to know you’ll need to catch me!” he said as he dropped her hand and took off down the road. She yelled after him and started to run when a familiar face caught her attention.

 

She stopped dead when she saw the old shopkeeper that had sold her the watch which still sat in her dresser drawer, serving as a daily reminder to her to be strong. To stand up and face and hardships or troubles that came her way. He smiled at her, nodding in her direction. She smiled back and nodded, as if confirming that she had made the right choice this time around. Hoseok's loud voice caught her attention and she turned away from the shopkeeper for a second. “Jang Mi~” he shouted, waving wildly to get her attention. She turned back to where the shopkeeper had been standing but he was nowhere in sight.

 

She turned back to Hoseok, a grin appearing on her face. “Hobi, you better tell me!” she shouted as she took off running, her excited boyfriend bolting towards Jimin's apartment. She laughed as she chased her boyfriend, seeing the shopkeeper making her feel even more thankful for the second chance she had been given. She knew that few people would be gifted the chance to go back and change their lives in the way that she had.

 

She couldn’t imagine what her life would have been like if she had walked out of that shop without the watch. Would she still be mourning the loss of Do-Jung? Too blind to see her perfect match that had been by her side for so many years? She shuddered at the thought as Hoseok jogged on the spot for a few seconds to allow her to catch up to him. She ran into his waiting arms, hugging him as tightly as she could. He chuckled at her action. “I’m still not telling~” he teased. She smiled up at him, her heart so full of love she was surprised it hadn’t burst. She stretched up and pressed a kiss to Hoseok's lips. “I love you.” She said. Hoseok grinned and placed a kiss on her lips. “I love you too… but I’m still not telling you what the surprise is.” He said as he linked his hand with hers.

 

She leant against him as they walked the rest of the way to Jimin's apartment, thankful with every beat of her heart that it was now beating for the right person.