one.

Hide & Seek [ hiatus + editing ]

"Good night..."

As he slowly opened his eyes, he wondered where he was. He couldn't move himself, and all he can see was the fluorescent lamp on the ceiling, slightly hurting his eyes by its brightness.

He shifted his gaze to his surroundings, even if doing so was evidently painful. 

He tried lifting his fingers, but he realized someone was loosely holding his left hand. It was then that he heard someone's heavy breathing from his left side, as if someone was sleeping. There, he spotted a man who has soft bunny-like features. It was his roommate, Shihyun. He must've worried about him, a lot.

"Shihyun-ah." He murmured, softly but enough for Shihyun to flicker his eyes open, and realize that his hyung is already awake. He shot his hyung a concerned look, as he sat upright on his chair.

"Hyung! You're finally aw..." Shihyun started rattling off, as if he was his mother, scolding him for going home late. "Yongguk hyung! Are you even listening to me?" He nagged even more when he felt that his words just goes and leaves through the older's ears. 

"I'm not." Yongguk said, which made Shihyun give up, and just went out to somewhere Yongguk doesn't know. He just closed his eyes, in the mean time. He was fine yet, tired. He was fine yet, lost. He was fine yet, incomplete.

What is it that I can't remember?

It felt like a dream, but too realistic. It felt like reality, but felt like a fantasy, too.

His thoughts stirred up, as he slipped into dreamland. His eyes, and breathing felt heavier.

He heard a voice. A voice he cannot distinguish but felt familiar.

A soft, shaking voice. A voice afraid of something Yongguk cannot remember. A voice his heart aches for.

"Good night..."  The lonely voice said.

No matter how hard he racked his thoughts up, he still cannot remember.

The sound of the door, from which a man in a white coat, along with Shihyun entered from, interrupted his silence. Yongguk slowly opened his eyes, again.

Ah.. He muttered in his mind, as he spotted the man in the white coat, realizing where he was. Hospital.

The doctor checked up on him, asked a few questions about how he felt, and deemed Yongguk was quite fine, but still needs recovery time.

Not long after, Shihyun was gone, too, and there came a group of five men who brought loudness into Yongguk's silent room.

"Hyung! Do you still know who I am?" One of the five, whose hair was styled into a comma hair style, dramatically asked Yongguk, as the rest of them settle on the bed next to Yongguk's.

Yongguk stared at him in disbelief, while the others laughed.

"I don't. Who are you?" Yongguk answered, calmly, to which the comma hair guy reacted as if he was shot on the chest.

"I'm the most loving, most attractive, and the kindest friend you have, hyung! I feel betrayed." He sulked.

"Stop it, Donghan. You're a bully, what do you mean kind?" Yongguk jokingly said, to which the rest agreed on.

"That's true." The shortest of the rest, Taehyun, second the motion.

"But honestly speaking, are you fine, already?" The one with ash gray hair, Taedong asked.

"I am. I guess." Yongguk answered, trying to bury the voice he remembers at the back of his head.

I might just be dreaming.

They, then, caught up with each other's lives, casually laughing out loud because of the time when Hyunbin's (the tallest of them all) eye contacts fell out of his eyes when he tried having an eyecontact fight with his friend, Minhyun. They also gave Yongguk a few photos of how his two cats are living fine in their dorm while he was away for quite a while. And of course, they showed Yongguk a blackmail material photo of Sanggyun's body, taken at their dorm. That guy just loves taking off his clothes.

"Bye, hyung! We'll try to visit again, soon!" Donghan said.

"Rest well, Yongguk-ah." Sanggyun said, which stirred up something inside Yongguk's mind.

"Yongguk-ah.." That voice, again.

It was the same lonely, and shaking voice, as if the person was on the verge of crying.

He opened his lips, and tried to mention a name. But to no avail, even if it was already at the tip of his tongue, it seemed like a cat got it, instead.

He felt a lump on his throat. He felt his heart ache. His head was throbbing so much, that he didn't hear the opening sound of the room's door.

"Hyung! Are you okay? Does something hurt?" Shihyun asked, with much concern, as soon as he saw Yongguk tightly clenching his fingers on his hair.

Yongguk's pupils were shaking, and his breathing was ragged, as his sight went blurry, and drops of warm liquid stain his cheeks, endlessly.

"Hyung!" Shihyun's eyes widened at the sight of his hyung. "You're crying!"

It was just then that Yongguk turned his gaze to Shihyun, but his figure was blurry, that he saw someone else instead of Shihyun.

Vivid, it was. Yet, it hurt Yongguk for an unknown reason. Even Yongguk himself doesn't know why.

"Good night, Yongguk-ah..."

 

 

 

 

What was it that I cannot remember?

Or rather... who?