two.

Hide & Seek [ hiatus + editing ]

It was a Sunday morning, and the doctor just closed the door of the room, and Yongguk immediately sank back to his bed, under the blanket, still bothered by things he doesn't even remember. 

Yongguk was constantly wriggling under his blanket due to the uncomfortable feeling of having the curiosity but not knowing where to start to fill that curiosity. 

The door slid open, the same time Yongguk decided to grumble loudly out of frustration, and Shihyun was got surprised at his hyung's action.

"What is it, again, hyung?" Shihyun said, as he settled a plastic bag on too of the table beside Yongguk's bed, and took a seat on the bed right next to Yongguk's.

"I don't really know, Shihyun." Yongguk whispered softly that Shihyun didn't hear it.

"The doctor said you can go home after a week." Shihyun said, as he scrolled through his phone, while munching on some chips.

Yongguk discreetly reached for the bag of chips, but Shihyun swatted his hand before it touched the plastic.

So, in the end, Yongguk just bolted out of his bed, and slipped his slippers on.

"Where are you going?" Shihyun followed him with his eyes.

"Walk around." Yongguk replied, and slid the door open.

 

Walking through the familiar corridors of the hospital didn't feel lonely. It felt warm despite the eerie feel of the hospital itself. It was bright enough not to be scared by the illusion of seeing ghosts. It was bright enough to actually feel comfortable. Maybe it was because Yongguk was used to the air, and atmosphere of what a hospital has or maybe it was something else. Perhaps, it was something Yongguk still cannot remember.

"Yongguk-ah!" 

Yongguk turned his head to where he thought the voice came from, and found himself staring at a door of an empty room. His gaze shifted to the wall plaque that displayed the room number, and the names of whoever was occupying the room. 

No one was occupying it. Yet, he felt curious. 

Just when his fingertips brushed the knob of the door, he felt the need to look at the wall plaque once, again. But that seemed like a bad decision. 

There, he saw his name. 

Kim Yongguk // 18. 

His head throbbed once, again. His hands started shaking, but he can still endure. He opened the door, and felt a sense of familiarity as great as it can ever be, as he scanned through the area. 

One foot stepped in, and he can feel his head throbbing even more, his heart beating even faster. He was nervous, but it's something else that makes Yongguk feel things inside. It wasn't fear. 

Yet, it was something Yongguk himself cannot describe. Let alone know the reason why he felt so. 

Nonetheless, he stepped in his other foot, and he was completely inside the room. 

The air changed to somewhat calmer than it was. The sounds even more muted. Silence blew away Yongguk's throbbing, and shaking. 

He moved forward, step by step, quite unstable but comfortable. 

"Yongguk-ah!" 

He heard the same voice, but livelier, this time.

His heart started beating faster, due to an unknown excitement, and longing, he cannot explain. 

"Hey." he trailed off, fully aware that he's talking to no one but just the air. "Who are you?" he continued, not expecting someone to answer him. 

He turned around to face the door, and decided to just leave the room.

But the moment, he lifted his foot, he remembered something. 

Takada Kenta

Yongguk's eyes widened at the sudden remembrance of a Japanese name he heard of somewhere. He turned around, once again, and there he remembered.

"Hi! I'm Takada Kenta. K-E-N-T-A. Ken from Kenkou, Ta from FutoiKenta!" 

Yongguk remembered an extended hand wanting to shake hands with his, as this was, perhaps, their first meeting. But still, he cannot remember his face. It was just his hand that he vaguely remembers. 

"Yongguk. Kim Yongguk." He heard himself say, at the scene he remembered. 

And, along with that, was his hand, shaking the other's.