Chapter 4

Truly Madly Deeply - Yunjae

After a day, Jaejoong was released from the hospital and was allowed to go home. He remained silent and still throughout the whole ride home and the maids were starting to worry about him.

                “Master, do you think young master would be okay? I hope he isn’t thinking about the wrong things and end up hurting himself” Jaejoong wanted to be alone so Yunho and the maids gave him all the space he needed, but now they wonder if it was the right choice or not. Yunho began to worry too as he immediately walked towards Jaejoong’s room and knocked on the door. There was no response so he slowly opened the door and saw a body lying on the bed. He walked towards the bed and he could tell that Jaejoong was crying.

                “Baby, why did you have to leave me? I didn’t even get to say hello and you left me alone. I have no one else now, your grandparents are back in Japan and I’m stuck in this lonely house. How come your appa doesn’t like me back? Did I do something wrong? Should I go with you in heaven?” Yunho froze at that last part.

                “Jaejoong, what are you talking about?” he walked forward and saw Jaejoong holding a razor and was placing in on his wrist.

                “O-Oppa! What are you doing here? Stop acting like you care, if you did care then my baby wouldn’t have died. Even though he came from a non-consensual situation, he was still my baby! How could you take him away from me!?” Jaejoong yelled, he know he shouldn’t blame everything on him but he couldn’t hold it in anymore. He couldn’t pretend that everything was fine and that Yunho still loved him.

                “Give me the razor Jaejoong, you don’t want to hurt yourself. I’m sorry for hurting you and I never meant to, I was drunk and wasn’t thinking straight.  Please put down the razor and we’ll talk about it, okay?” Yunho’s eyes were on the razor, he didn’t want any more harm to be inflicted on the wounded boy already.

                “Sorry doesn’t change anything! Sorry won’t bring my baby back and won’t take away this pain from my heart. I don’t know why I even thought you would love me back, all those stupid thoughts, thinking that you would one day see how much I loved you and you would return those feelings. I don’t even know why I fell in love with you in the first place!” Jaejoong cried as he tightened his hold on the razor, making a thin line on his wrist.

                “I’m sorry Jaejoong, I never knew how much I caused you to feel. Instead of killing yourself, why don’t you punish me? Live on and make my life miserable as punishment for giving you so much pain. If you die, I could easily find someone else and love them instead. If you live, then you could force me to stay by your side as redeeming myself. Wouldn’t that make much sense?” Yunho knew that Jaejoong wasn’t in his right mind but anything to make him change his mind, he would try.

                “I don’t want you to redeem yourself. I’m so stupid right now, I know I should hate you but I can’t bring myself to change the feelings of love into hate. What’s wrong with me!?” Jaejoong threw the razor on the floor and Yunho immediately ran over and pulled him into a hug.

                “I’m sorry Jaejoong, I’m so sorry. I know you can’t forgive me now but let me make it up to you. Let me show you that I can change, I’ll take care of you” Jaejoong didn’t know if Yunho was faking it again but he wanted to believe that it was the truth. He grabbed tightly onto Yunho’s clothes and began to soak them with his tears. Right now, he doesn’t want to be along. Even though he never knew that he was pregnant, it was still a shock that he had lost a life inside him.

                For the past few weeks, Yunho played the role of a loving husband. He really wants to be a changed man; slowly he started to see Jaejoong’s beauty, not just the exterior but the interior as well. He stopped bringing girls home and would sleep in the same bed with Jaejoong, he knew that the younger was still hurting but he wanted to do everything that he could to soothe his pain.

                Jaejoong saw the actions that Yunho did and he was touched, it was as if Yunho actually cared. It was one night that actually shocked Jaejoong the most. There were going to sleep with Yunho wrapped his arms around his body and gave him a good night kiss, not on the forehead or cheek but on his lips. His heart was pounding all night that he couldn’t get a minute of sleep, his mind was going crazy. He was confused as to how Yunho could get so cold and uncaring to warm and loving so fast. Then the answer hit him, he was trying to make up for killing their baby. It was the only reason that he could think of but he didn’t realize that just maybe Yunho was falling for him too.

                The next morning, Jaejoong got up early to make lunch for Yunho to bring to work. He was tired from not sleeping all night but he would rather be more productive than just lying in bed for a couple more hours. He was busy washing the rice when he felt a pair of arms snaking around his waist.

                “Good morning” Jaejoong heard Yunho’s voice and felt his lips making contact with his neck. He shivered and tried to control his shaking hands.

                “Enough” Jaejoong quietly said. He didn’t want Yunho to force himself to fake it anymore just because he felt bad for the miscarriage.

                “You don’t have to force yourself anymore. I know you don’t love me so why are you pretending to be? Sop forcing yourself to act all sweet and loving with me, I know it’s killing you inside right now” Yunho was confused, what Jaejoong meant?

                “Jaejoong, what are you talking about? When was I faking it? I actually have feelings for you; I’m not doing it because I feel bad for the miscarriage. I was stupid for not seeing how truly beautiful you are. What do I have to do to prove that I actually like you?”

                “Kiss me, if you actually like me then kis-“ Jaejoong didn’t even have time to respond as he felt a pair of warm lips against his. He felt his heart beat increasing and his face burning up.

                “Do you believe me now? If I didn’t have feelings for you would I kiss you? If I found you disgusting would I kiss you? If I only did it because of the miscarriage would I kiss you? If I didn’t love you, then would I kiss you?” the last question made Jaejoong froze. He was kissed after every question and each kiss got sweeter and gentler than the last.

                Yunho wasn’t lying, he didn’t know why he had fallen in love with his wife but he had claimed a spot in his heart and was not budging.

                “Y-You love me? How did that happen?” Yunho kissed Jaejoong one last time before answering.

                “I’m not sure actually, one day I just woke up and I realize that you meant more to me than I thought. I suppose with everything that you did, I finally realized that I couldn’t live without you” by now, Jaejoong was crying. He clung onto Yunho and began to cry into his chest.

                “Please don’t even leave me oppa! I love you so much that it’ll kill me if I ever have to leave you again” Yunho pulled Jaejoong into a tight hug and kissed his temple, there was no way in hell that he would let this angel leave his life.