Chapter 3

Truly Madly Deeply - Yunjae

Ever since that night, Jaejoong had given up any hope of getting any attention or love from Yunho. Every morning, he would only come out of his room to eat his meals and that was it. The maids were starting to get worried about him; they actually cared about him unlike someone in the house. It seems like Yunho had forgotten that Jaejoong was even in the house as he didn’t even bother to ask how he was, it’s been two weeks since they’ve moved in together and it was pretty much silent in the house ever since. It was only one night when Yunho came home drunk that they had their first ‘conversation’.

                Jaejoong heard pounding on his door and went to open it; suddenly his arms were full of a drunken Yunho.

                “O-Oppa! Are you okay!?” Jaejoong tried to support him but he was heavier than he looked. He stumbled backwards and fell onto the bed; Jaejoong was starting to get embarrassed. This was the second time that Yunho had gotten so close to him.

                “So warm...soft...” Yunho muttered as his hands went up and down Jaejoong’s body. Jaejoong froze and tried to push Yunho off but it appears that when he’s drunk, his side comes out. Pretty soon, clothes were littered around the room and moans were heard along with cries of protests. The maids could hear cries of pain and pleas of help but they couldn’t do anything. By the time morning came, Jaejoong was lying in pain on the bed. He didn’t want Yunho to get mad for touching him or bothering him so he quietly sneaked out of the room despite the pain on his body. He ran into the guest’s bathroom and tried to quickly scrub himself clean. Even though he had feelings for Yunho, he had not expected his innocence to be taken away like that. When he came out, several maids were standing outside and helped him down to the table for breakfast.

                “Young master, are you okay? Do you need to go to the hospital?” they saw Jaejoong wincing every time he sat down and adjusted his seat. He shook his head but he wanted them to promise him something.

                “Can you promise me something? I don’t want Yunho to find out about what happened last night, so please don’t tell him. I don’t want him to hate me even more” the maids looked at him with saddened eyes but nodded their heads. He gave them small smiles and tried to finish his breakfast. After a couple of minutes, Yunho came down and saw Jaejoong at the table. As usual, he ignored him and sat at the furthest end of the table.

                “Did anyone see the girl that I came back with last night? I hope she didn’t steal anything before she left” the maids shook their heads and said that they didn’t see anyone enter or leave the house. It was the truth because Jaejoong was in the house all along.

                “I’m going to work, I’m not coming home for dinner tonight” Jaejoong watched as Yunho went upstairs to get ready and left a few minutes later. Tears began to fall and sobs began to rack through his body, he didn’t know why but he was just breaking down in front of everyone.

                A couple of weeks passed and everything was still normal but once in a while, Jaejoong would feel dizzy and feel like he wants to throw up. The maids tried to persuade him to go to the hospital but he keeps on claiming it was probably the flu and it will pass very soon. One day, Jaejoong decided to greet Yunho coming home when he saw another person in his arms. He decided to be polite and just wanted to bow and go back to his room but before he could, he felt sick to his stomach and tried to stop himself from puking on her.

                “What are you looking at? Jealous that oppa wants me over you? You’re such an ugly , no wonder oppa always call me” Jaejoong tried to ignore her and went to the dining room. He sat down at the table and tried to eat his food but had to excuse himself and went to the washroom upstairs. When he came out, the woman was standing in the hallway, blocking his way.

                “Don’t think that just because you live with him means you are actually Mrs. Jung. Oppa told me that he doesn’t even love you and only stayed with you because of your parents” Jaejoong felt tears flowing down and tried to ignore her and started going down the stairs. The woman grabbed his arm and stopped him from leaving.

                “Don’t think that just because he calls you mean that he loves you. You are probably just another one his that he uses and then dumps” Jaejoong saw her face turn red and she slapped him, what he didn’t expect was for the impact to cause him to lose his footing and he fell down the stairs. One of the maids saw the incident and screamed out for help. Yunho came running and saw Jaejoong lying at the bottom of the stairs while the woman was still standing at the top.

                “Oppa! I didn’t mean to, I didn’t know he would fall down like that” Yunho grabbed her arm and threw her out of his house. He looked back and saw that the maid had already called the ambulance. Yunho bent down and tried to pick him up when he felt wetness on the floor; he looked down and saw blood flowing down Jaejoong’s thighs. The ambulance came within minutes and rushed him to the hospital. Jaejoong was admitted to the emergency room and it took them two hours before the doctor came out.

                “I’m sorry Mr. Jung, we were able to save your wife but the he miscarried” it took a few seconds for Yunho to absorb the information. How could Jaejoong be pregnant?

                “I don’t understand, I thought he was a , how could he be pregnant?” the doctor said that he was around two weeks so it was easy for miscarriage to happen. Yunho thanked the doctor and sat down on the chairs. He called one of the maids over and tried to understand what was happening.

                “Did Mrs. Jung have anyone over? Was he close with anyone?” Yunho thought that Jaejoong must’ve cheated since he had never touched him.

                “If Master is thinking that Young master cheated on you, then you’re wrong. The reason why young master got pregnant was because Master him. Do you remember the night that you came home drunk and in the morning you asked if anyone enter or left the house? The person that you was young master. We heard his screams and pleas for help but we couldn’t do anything” Yunho tried to think back, he just remembered that someone was struggling and he used more strength to restrain the person. He had just thought that the girl he was with was playing hard to get.

                “Why didn’t he say anything? Did he even know that he was pregnant?” the maid shook her head, according to her knowledge; Jaejoong had not mentioned anything about pregnancy at all.

                “Young master told us not to tell you because he didn’t want you to hate him even more” before Yunho could respond, a nurse came over and told them where Jaejoong was being transferred to. They rushed to the room and quietly entered; lying on the bed was Jaejoong. Yunho walked closer and sat down beside the bed. The nurse had told him that the anaesthetic should be wearing off soon so he should be waking up any time now. Just after the nurse left, Jaejoong stirred and his eyes fluttered open.  Tears were shed and cries were heard coming from the room that day.