Since They Know

Mated Love (Discontinued)

Thursday/Friday

I don’t look up at her.

It’s not just fear. I don’t like looking people in the eye. Isn’t that kind of impolite? If I do look at someone in the eye, I’m usually being forced to or it shows them that I’m finally scared and they’ll buzz off as they’re satisfied with what they’d done to me.

It’s stuck in my head now.

“Why’d you call me? I could’ve been ing studying!”

I flinch at her tone; because that’s the influence she has on me. Because we’re mates. “I-I didn’t.” I whisper softly, because remember? Her satisfaction will give me satisfaction, but she’ll never have that if it comes from me. I really should remember my own words more often. “What do you mean you didn’t? My mom didn’t call me for nothing!” That big black hole I felt in the middle of my body was slowly consuming me as one word was clearly highlighted for me in that complaint.

Nothing. I am nothing. I don’t think I can stoop lower than nothing, since there isn’t anything before nothing. Maybe she didn’t prescribe it in that manner, but I get the idea. I am nothing to her and she will feel nothing for me.

“I d-didn’t call for you, I-I swear.” My stuttering… That’s something I need to get in control, but that’s hard to do when I won’t ever be talking to Jennie without her raging at me. “Then why the hell would she make me waste time talking with you?!” I honestly don’t have any idea why either. “I don’t kn-now.” So I answer her, but I have a feeling she really doesn’t care.

No.

She really doesn’t care.

I know that.

What if we gave it time?

Do I have a choice anyways Rae?

You…

You don’t pup, I’m sorry.

“So are you calling my mom a liar?!” She grunted, clearly not understanding that I’m saying I just don’t know why she called, not that her mom was giving false information. But that was correct anyways, I definitely did not call Jennie! Even if I wasn’t frightened of my royal vampire mate, I would be way too awkward to ask that. Saying ‘Hey, can I talk to your daughter because I don’t want to talk to you? Thanks.’ No way, that’s a little too disrespectful to someone who has helped me out just by finding me on the streets.

That sounds a lot worse than it is pup.

Because it is.

“N-no…” I still won’t admit that to Jennie though. She wouldn’t believe me one bit. “Then why the hell would my mom call me to see your forever ty state?” I couldn’t answer her this time, various different and may I add, unexplainable, thoughts and questions are firing off and zooming through my head like a meteorite shower in the night.

“Well?” No answer.

“At least ing look at me if we talk! Or what? That’s not a part of your pathetic submissive mindset?” She got me there. What’s worse is I end up agreeing by shaking my head no. “Useless piece of !” She fumed at me as a last blow before leaving and slamming the door harshly as my ragged breathing was clearly audible. Thank god my ribs are much better than yesterday or else it would be burning my chest with how rough I’m exhaling right now.

But my fear for Jennie has only heightened.

Jennie POV ~

“Useless piece of !” I called her by one of her rightful labels before I stormed out of the room, making sure I used a formidable amount of force when closing the door to scare the s out of her.  

Everybody stared at my rigid form as I marched my way away from ___’s room and went towards the cafeteria but I didn’t care. I was too pissed off for nothing; just the mere sight of her bitters my mouth. I knew what I’d done was wrong though. I knew mom did in fact lie to me. ___ wouldn’t dare call for me or else she would be calling for a death wish. The shouting was irrelevant but she deserves it for being a stupid sub. She deserves it for being my mate.

Princess Jennie Kim’s Mate.

She isn’t worthy of such a title.

Especially if it’s got my name attached to it.

When I entered the cafeteria, it was moderately filled unlike this morning but that was like what, 3 am in the morning so that makes sense. Only few tables were empty so I quickly grabbed a small cup of milk ice cream and paid before sitting alone. Everybody looked moderately up with their mood even thought I could see some had serious injuries. Some were in wheelchairs, crutches; someone was folding a cane that was meant for a blind person and even a schizophrenic was happy, and that was a minority of the majority that were happy.

I wish I could feel the same though but my face just falls to a frown as I think about being called to see ___ at the hospital.

I bloody hate ___, I don’t think I’ve expressed that enough. I hate the way she can just come into my life with her shameful existence and now has to live with for however long she bloody lives if I don’t kill her from anger management issues caused by her.

I hate how the she already has my mom and dad around her fingers. Her weak can’t even run a few hundred metres because of the feeble body she bloody has. How has she even managed to live these past years? How old is she anyways? I think I’m older, but who cares because she will always be below me.

She’ll be begging for my apologies if she ever does anything wrong.

For mercy.

For anything.

‘Screech’

My chain of thought finishes as the scraping of a chair brings me back to the real world. It’s my dad, sitting in front of me looking worried as ever. Oh now he cares? Go back to helpless ___ why don’t you dad since you seem to care so much about her.

“What is it dad?” I may sound emotionless right now but he knows I'm pissed. He sighs for second before checking the time on his watch and straightens up and looks me dead in the eye. Then all of a sudden his face breaks from the demeanour into a large smile and starts laughing. He leans back into his chair and all I’m wondering is ‘What the hell is his problem that he has the decency to laugh at my face?’ but it only spurs him on. “You serious? I’m annoyed right now and you find it funny?” I make a move to leave but he sputters out “I’m sorry, I’m sorry…” and I settle back in my chair. He catches a breath for a while before he properly stares at me with a small smile and says one thing.

“You found your mate.”

I would say my face fell but I was already pissed and he knew. He knew well but I know why he was so damn cheery and found it humorous about me finding my mate. Our family tends to have a bit of a tradition when finding their mates. They move in together as soon as they meet so that both sides of the bonds are extremely strong and will keep both mates together till death does them apart. Usually people find their mates a little later but I’m bloody 16, only 17 in a few months but still, and from the way dad is laughing he still expects me to carry on the tradition.

my life.

“I did.” I mutter as I look down at my ice cream, stirring it lazily.

I can’t deny it. He only knows from his power. His power is like some instinct . He just looks at someone’s face and he gets and instincts and stuff. It’s not a specific thing but things like ‘You’re lying.’ or ‘You’re a good person.’ and stuff like that. It’s a weird power but it comes in handy with assassinations, like a 6th sense.

“So who is it?” Dad dropped his King attitude as soon as he saw me, now he’s acting like a child who’s begging for a cookie or candy jar, I swear. I roll my eyes before taking a few small spoons of the ice cream in my mouth before I confess.

 “___.” His eyes light up, once more like a child, as he exclaims “So that’s why you wanted to see her this morning huh?” while wriggling his eyebrows. God he’s so childish I swear. “Sure dad, if that’s what you want to believe.” I mumble before taking the last spoon of milk ice cream into my mouth.

Damn, it was good as well; who would’ve thought hospital food was good?

“And you’re angry because she’s in hospital?” I wasn’t listening that time and regret it halfway through my reply. “Sure da- Wait what?!” I slam the cup on the table as my dad smirks at me, my eyes widened at what he concluded was the reason for my behaviour.

Angry because she was in hospital? I was glad since it meant she wasn’t at school. I wouldn’t have to see her sorry every day this week and sit next to her in maths. “Yep, it makes sense. And stop doing that to the poor cup.” He gestures to the empty ice cream cup that I didn’t realise I’d been squeezing in my hand the whole time. I shake my head to deny his assumptions but he only chuckles before he says the whole paragraph that I dreaded to not hear.”

“Well since we now that ___ is your mate, we better start preparing. I’ll start making the calls today so that they can come on Saturday to get the stuff from her house to the place that your mom and I bought for you and your mate. It’s a coincidence that she’s being released tomorrow as well, we can visit her dad as I take her home and then quickly pick some maids for you to take to that mansion. Oh and don’t make that face Jennie; home isn’t even that far from the place if that’s what you’re worried about.”

 He was probably watching my pale face whiten even more if possible.

I was so ing paranoid about that submissive screwing up that I didn’t realise I had the whole time.

___ POV ~

It’s Friday today, and I’m being released. But I don’t know if I should be really scared or be calm. I would be released back into a hell hole called home with a demon named dad if I leave. But I’d already wasted so much of their money, I didn’t want to be a much of a burden anymore.

After Jennie left my room yesterday, maybe 20 minutes later her dad barged in, literally, with a “Hello Jennie’s mate!” I was frozen at that point until he said “Jennie had told me you both were mates and due to our royal customs, I have a few things to run by you and your family.”

Again, Jennie told me. What does the princess want, I don’t know, but lord help me since he has to meet family, which means dad.

I told Mr Kim yesterday that I had no clothes for when I got released because my school uniform went missing but he said that he will bring suitable clothes for me to leave in since he actually took care of my uniform the whole time.

So it was time for me to change as Mr Kim was fixing some release forms with Yuri and I saw the shopping bags on the bed and I was practically begging for nothing expensive. When I checked, and thank god, it was only a pair of sweat pants and a loose shirt since I was still not able to wear tight clothes yet. When I entered the bathroom, I stripped, end for once could see my skin and god it felt good. My hands were much better than yesterday and were fully healed, in fact all of my skin was. My healing is pretty fast, not as fast as a werewolf but faster than a human as I’ve mentioned but it’s just that I’d have recurring injuries atop of each other that wound make it hard for me.

It takes me a while to leave because wow. My body being strong for once if you get what I mean. Healthy. It’s actually a sight to take in with my bare eyes. But I know it’ll be gone in what, a few hours? As soon as I’m home. I wish I had my phone to take a photo as a form of determination. I don’t know what for but at least I would have it. Eating properly at the hospital and the few days with the IV drip really did me good.

‘Knock knock’

“You ready ___?” I hear Yuri through the door. “I’m coming!” I answer her quickly before I wash my face of any tears I’d shed while seeing my undamaged body unintentionally. I open the door with Mr Kim, Jennie and Yuri standing by the bed, the adults smiling sweetly at me and I can’t help but reciprocate while Jennie just rolls her eyes.

 “You ready to go home?” No not really. “Yep, let’s meet my dad Mr Kim.”

10 mins later ~

In the car, I’d explained to Mr Kim and Jennie how dad and I were living on our own. How mom died from postpartum and so dad is a little miserable and I try my best to make him feel positive. I left out how, while being a punching bag, but they didn’t have to know that. Jennie was in the backseat discriminating me in her mind, I could tell from the bond, while I said everything. I don’t, and hope, she didn’t notice the way my voice cracked when talking about dad though.

When we got home, I had a spare key under the door mat and opened to my dad looking frantic on the couch which I’m surprised at but then it turns to pure anger for a fraction before it went to shock. Let’s go over that again. Frantic, saw me, anger, saw Mr Kim and Jennie, shocked. Yeah now that makes more sense right?

My dad straight up bowed a few times before he gestured for Jennie and Mr Kim to enter while I just waddled inside to the kitchen and grabbed two glasses of water for Jennie and Mr Kim. They were sitting on a sofa when I came back and my dad had turned a seat from the dining table to sit opposite them. I quickly gave them the glasses and was about to walk away but Jennie dragged me down to sit next to her.

Why? I honestly have no idea but she didn’t even drink her water. She just kept staring at my dad’s legs and the floor and I can’t tell if she’s using discriminating him about what shoe brand he wears or the fact that his pants are a little stained. I mean, he likes those pants and it’s not like we have a lot of money anyways unlike her. She was tenser as well. But she’s just stuck like that. I wonder why she pulled me down as well.

I was too busy staring at her to see what our dads were doing but I was listening.

“So Mr Kwon, I have business to talk with you regarding our daughters.”

“Did ___ cause any trouble Mr Kim sir? If so, I profusely apologise on her behalf and-”

“Nonsense Mr Kwon! ___ here is simply Jennie’s mate.”

Silence for a few seconds but Mr Kim kept talking.

“And due to our royal tradition, as soon as a Kim meets their mate, they have to settle. I know this news will be a little endearing to you and ___ but I assure you that she will be under my protection and I will take care of her needs financially. She will continue her pursuit in her education but she will have to live in estate will Jennie on the edge of town. I’ll have people coming over tomorrow to move her stuff over and she can bring the rest by hand. Many maids will be there and Jennie to facilitate to her needs when required.”

Out of nowhere Jennie snapped her eyes to me and I looked away with pure fear. I thought she wouldn’t want me nearby after being caught staring at her, especially with that scowl she gave me so I attempted to move away but once again her cold hands pulled me back close to her. Does she hate me or not, I’m so confused.

“Do we have a choice sir?” Ooh, that doesn’t sound nice. Looking up, I felt uneasy as I saw my dad’s very much fake and edgy smile to Mr Kim who clearly felt gleeful with the idea and was completely oblivious to my dad’s behaviour. But he’s excited from Jennie and I being mates, dad is unhappy with the idea of me unable to being his punching bag because I won’t be here anymore. I know that’s why he asked. “I’m afraid you don’t, no sir.” They both apparently find it amusing but I’m just glad that I’m away from dad.

I won’t be tonight though.

I look over to Jennie once again and catch her staring at me but it’s not with a dirty scowl. She doesn’t look away either, placing the filled glass of water to her red lips before taking a small sip and putting it back to her lap. I haven’t admired her beauty without her making a face at me in a while and boy I miss it. I’m very much close to her as well, barely a gap between our sides with her arm on standby to grab me again if I move, I can tell. I notice something else as well that I wouldn’t have been able to without being this close.

A mole. The smallest black dot under the middle of her left eyebrow.

You really have scored, haven’t you pup?

No.

What do you mean?

She scored, flaunting her beauty while knowing very well that I’ll never be able to appreciate it properly.

I decide to look away from Jennie, hoping to end my suffering and reality.

I’ll never have her.

Jennie scoffs before actually paying attention to what our dads are talking about while I just ignore everyone and space out. I should’ve known.

I don’t want to be here.

I don’t want to be here.

I don’t want to be here.

Pup.

I don’t want to be here.

Listen to me pup.

Please make me leave.

Stop this pup.

Just kill me already will you?

“So is that settled?” My little… moment is broken as I see my dad and Mr Kim shaking hands at the wide open door way, Jennie waiting outside for her dad before we’re all waving goodbyes and the door closes slowly, my dad checking through the peephole as Mr Kim with Jennie in their care.

When he turns, his eyes flash a yellowish brown before he starts to crack the knuckles in his hands.

 


 

Hey guys, Meow here! New chappie i have bestowed upon you people :) if you guys have questions then go ahead and ask because i dont mind since it can sometimes get confusing!!