When You Hear Yourself

Mated Love (Discontinued)

Monday/Tuesday

___ POV ~

Dinner was frustrating.

We didn’t speak a single word over the table, no one did. It was too uncomfortable, too stressful, and it could’ve escalated way too easily. Rosé was just constantly sending heart eyes to Jisoo, she really was and eye catcher with that purple hair but I’m sure that’s not why Rosé was looking at her mate I'm sure.

We all just slowly went back to our cabins, I like to call them dorms more though, so let’s start over.

We all went back to our dorms, initiated by Baekhyun and Kai leaving the table because they most likely did not want to be in the same places as their mate. I was quick to follow, realising that I would have to take Rosé as well which I didn’t want to do, but she said it was fine and sent a smile and wave to Jisoo before going. I gave her a small smile as well; I had nothing against her.

When we got to the dorms, it was just us having quick minute showers to change into our pyjamas before we both sat on our shared bed. Everybody else had taken showers after lunch, but we were outside the whole time so we didn’t really get a chance.

When we had both crashed onto the bed, Rosé pulled me into her arms straightaway while I fought the urge to let my tears out, I just stayed silent in her arms, trying to process the whole day and what a mess I’d been pulled into.

I was ed; I could barely handle seeing her in front of me, so how was I meant to survive a whole week with her. What was she going to do to me that would prevent me from spilling a word of our mate bond? I wasn’t going to tell anyways, I know everyone from my old school would attack her and I for being mates. A low ing submissive with a high class vampire princess, it was simply ironic. Some people may be ‘thankful’ to me but I still don’t know what for.

People are disgusted of me for something they should be thanking me for.

How many people actually understand this? Let’s see, janitors, plumbers, garbage collectors, basically all the ing ty jobs that no one wants to do, but have to.

That’s what I’m starting to think happened, submissives had to do something that was heavily criticised for but had no choice because they followed whatever order they were given.

I’d rather not hear this to be honest. Rae already said it was that bad.

“I know what you’re doing pup… you’re holding it in, stop it. It’s okay to cry.” I just took a small breath, slowly wrapping my arms around her before I spoke. “I’m not holding in any tears, I’ve let out too many. I’ve got nothing left.” Looking up, I could see Rosé with slightly teary eyes before she shook her head no; refusing to believe what I just said though she had nothing to back herself up. She laid us both down so that we both shared the pillow, her pulling me close as I snuggled into her chest like I usually did. She started to play with my hair like usual as well, though it never calmed me down like it usually did.

“Don’t say that pup. You’re saying that you give up then.”

“I do, I give up on everything.”

“What, just by the mere sight of Jennie?”

“I-… I can’t take it anymore Chae.” A small sob ripped from my throat as a tear fell.

“You’ve been fighting these 4 months pup.”

“No I haven’t… I’ve just been hiding like the huge submissive wimp I am.” My voice was shaky as admitted what I truly am, in and out. I’m just a stupid wimp who falls down when no one has hurt me.

At least physically, my heart is a different story.

“You’re lying, lying to yourself. You haven’t been hiding; you’ve been pushing yourself further and further. You aren’t submitting to anyone, you aren’t running away from anyone and you certainly aren’t running towards a certain someone. You haven’t begged on your knees for her forgiveness though that would be for no reason. You’re trying your best to ignore her, the flashbacks of her hurting you, your dreams as well.”

“I’m trying my best, but it’s never enough is it?” I can answer myself that it isn’t.

“Everyone has a different definition of doing enough pup, it seems that yours tends to degrade yourself lower and lower. When I see half a cup of water, I see half a cup full, but you see half a cup empty. I say that half a cup is enough to quench my thirst; you say it’s not enough water. You keep thinking like this, and slowly it’s killing you.”

Taking in her words, I slowly realise how right Rosé is, though it still haunts me of how easily Jennie can enter my head and scar my thinking. She comes up every second; even when I try my hardest, but Rosé still acknowledges that I’m trying my hardest to rid her out.

Why did fate play me like this, to have her presence suddenly leave chills in my body like none other?

Slowly, the rest of the girls who’d attended this camp were filling the room. The beds were placed in a formation where there was a bunk bed in each corner of the wall, and then 4 single beds were in the middle of the room. Of course he single beds all had headboard since they were touching like that, but from the single bed next to us, there was about a 2 metre distance.

The room had been perfectly filled, each bed single bed had a suitcase plus backpack and the bunk beds each had 2 suitcases and backpacks as well. Even if Rosé didn’t want me in her bed anymore, I had no choice because there was no spare bed. Hopefully nothing happens this week, I don’t think I can handle Jennie being here and Rosé suddenly leaving my life in one go. That would be torturous, I needed her right now.

Jisoo and Jennie were the last to enter, maybe 20 minutes after everyone else and Rosé and me kept in our position, her hugging me with an arm over my waist while I stayed in Rosé’s chest, trying to not to show my miserable expression to Jennie when I didn’t have to look to know she was in the room. It was just the bond, though I am rather surprised that the bond still lives. Being so far away for 4 months, but not just that because she’d damaged the bond by the pain that she’d nonchalantly given me.

 Jennie just leaves that effect on me it seems.

“Why are you sleeping together?!” We heard Jennie ask, causing me to roll over and watch how Jennie was slightly glaring a Rosé and I, well more behind me to Rosé who sat up while Jisoo just smiled at the sight of her mate. Its worse that they’re both on the bunkbed that’s next to ours, what are the stupid chances? Ugh, fate.

“Does it matter that we’re sleeping together? I don’t see any complications with it, plus we’d asked the principal prior to the camp so there’s nothing to call us out on.” Rosé sassed back, clearly in her defensive mode the second Jennie mentions anything about me. Jisoo is a real lucky girl.

“Well of course there are problems!” A small glance around and I could see that the rest of the girls were just talking amongst themselves, none had taken notice of the argument between the 4 of us. But why was she even arguing in the first place? I though she didn’t care about me. Why the hell would Jennie care about Rosé and I lying in a damn bed together?

Was she-… nah. There’s no way.

“You can’t sleep in the same bed, that’s indicating that you two are mates, not best friends or anything! And you two certainly aren’t mates because she’s-” Jennie stopped herself right when I knew what she was about to say. About how I can’t sleep in a bed with Rosé just because Jennie is my mate, but it seems that she can’t finish that sentence.

She’s still ashamed.

But why would she bring it up, I'm still sceptical about this though I’m not even sure myself. There’s no way Jennie would feel that way for me.

“Because she’s your what?” Rosé retorted, questioning to see if Jennie would answer but Jisoo cut in instead. “Jennie calm down, there’s nothing wrong with Rosé and ___ sleeping together, and they’re just friends. You and I both know that. Plus it’s clear that there aren’t enough beds.”

“How are you not upset about this? She’s your mate damn it, who knows what they do under the sheets.”

 Jisoo raised an eyebrow at Jennie who was clearly upset, the way her eyes were constantly glaring that bright red as she continued to argue.

Is she… is she actually… jealous?

I’m just going delusional, though I do notice the constant dirty looks she gives Rosé. I’m barely able to see because of how I’m looking down, but her bright red eyes are hard to miss. Along with Jisoo’s purple hair but that didn’t matter right now.

The fact that Jennie is jealous, mattered.

“Well because she’s my mate, I trust her.” Jisoo retorted before she climbed up the ladder of the bunk bed and settled under herself under the fluffy blanket that looked real soft to be under. Jennie remained on the spot, though she’d turned around to glare at Jisoo who looked real comfortable right now.

“Lights out everybody!” We heard the speaker go off before one of the girls that were closest to the switch flicked the lights off. In the matter it had gone pitch black, I couldn’t see a thing except for the few faces who had their phone screen illuminating their face. Rosé was quick to pull the blanket from under and quickly placing it on the both of us before she pulled me back flush against her.

“God ing damn it, stupid Rosé, shouldn’t be ing touching her.” I heard Jennie say in what sounded like a whispered growl, though glancing around I don’t think anybody had heard it. The two werewolf girls in the bunk bed on the same side didn’t look away from their phones to Jennie, Rosé didn’t seem to be laughing or anything, in fact I think she’s asleep.

Werewolves couldn’t hear her, yet a submissive wolf like me could. That’s a load of bull. It’s a bigger load of bull with the fact that Jennie is actually jealous. I could hear the heavy breaths of air that she takes in pure rage, every time my eyelids grow heavy, they only seemed to peel open with a stinging resistance, telling me to rest yet I continue to listen to the way Jennie slowly calms down in the dark.

“I will get you back…”

The next morning ~

I couldn’t sleep properly like usual in Rosé’s arms. When my eyes had opened, the sunlight outside was barely bright, n fact it was a little dark in the sky so I presumed that it was yet to be dawn. From what I could see, nobody was awake though that could just be fatigue playing games on my vision. Still, I wanted to see step outside and watch the beautiful sunrise that many people fawn over.

I slowly slipped out of Rosé’s warm arms, making sure that she was all tucked under the blanket in this cold morning. I didn’t bother to change yet, throwing my oversized hoodie over my flannel nighties and putting on my sneakers. I had to use quite a bit of my strength to open the door, it was one of those doors that resist to open so that they stay closed, a little troubling since it took me by surprise but I managed to make it out without making the door slam o click too loud.

Instantly my body felt lasting shiver down my spine, I wasn’t sure whether it was the same reason my breath turned white when it left my mouth but I kept walking forwards to the water stream that always seemed to calm me down just by the sight of it. The air was slightly misty though it was possible to watch the sunrise through.

The sky was a blue so light that it could easily be mistaken as white, though the gradient of the orange and pink was making it harder to determine. My body felt a small shiver as I watched the sun rise in a breathtaking manner. It felt like nothing was wrong, life purely was just right.

Though that seemed to end when the sun had fully risen, it all crashed back down.

“Beautiful, isn’t it?”

I yelped when I heard a voice come from my left, right behind me. I almost slipped from the jump in my sudden shock, though instead my hand was held over my chest to calm my aching heart that seemed to beat faster by the second, chest heaving up and down heavily as my large puffs of breath could easily be seen by the condensation.

Who was behind me was the bigger shock.

“It i-is… I’d never seen a real sunset.” My head had automatically turned down, an instinct I was all too familiar with that I just couldn’t seem to shake off. I could see that she was wearing the same grey sweatpants that she’d worn to bed, I never was able to see what she was wearing on top though. She was wearing her thongs instead though, I could see her pale white feet that didn’t seem to mind a single bit of the cold.

“I wasn’t talking about the sunset.” Her attitude was still the same as I remember stone cold with a lack of sympathy yet she has the mentality to deliver a cheesy line that sends my cheeks warming slightly. I couldn’t stay here though, who knows what she could say or do in a matter of seconds with no one awake. She could push me into the icy cold water we both stand in front of and I wouldn’t be able to say anything due to hyperthermia, my lungs would fill with freezing water by the time I attempt to scream for help.

“O-Oh… okay. I should g-go then.” My voice always had a stutter when I spoke to her though I could blame the weather for that and my cheeks. I turned away, my whole body in fact unable to take in her presence quite yet before I tried to run away from my mate.

Key word: tried.

“Stop.” My feet were barely able to take a single step forwards before I’d heard the voice of the ice princess command me to stop; her very voice was able to send yet more shivers down my spine. The sun wasn’t helping me at all; it was slowly clouded by the heavy fog I’d not seen in the heights of the sky.

“Turn around and face me.” Begrudgingly I turned around, my head still held down though I never got a choice, slowly begging for a form of distraction to run this way. Maybe a bird of some sort. It can just swoop in and attack me, just something to take me away from Jennie. I’m a submissive, I’m light enough right?

“Now look up at me.”

Wait what? Jennie Kim, the vampire princess, just asked me to look up at her. She just told me, the submissive wolf that she loathes just at the sight of, to look at her. Don’t tell me that this is actually happening. First she’s supposedly jealous of Rosé who just simply sleeps with me in bed, accuses of us two doing something indecent under the sheets and literally hates it with her whole mind, and now she’s asking me to look her in the eye. What happened in the last 4 months?

I can’t look up at her, even though she told me to, the bones in my body refuse to simply look up at the beautiful princess in front of me. Maybe it was the fact that the pure ethereal sight of the princess in front of me was too breathtaking to look at that my life would simply float out of my body.

“Look up at me ___.”

“I c-can’t…”

I heard her huff what sounded like a disappointed sigh before she started speaking, and what she said clearly shocked me for what seemed like the 3rd or 4th time in this morning.

“I want you to come back. Back home. Will you?”

It was at that moment that every string of patience or resistance in my body seemed to snap. Hearing her say what sounded like the most ridiculous thing ever just triggered something, I was no longer going to be a submissive for however long this conversation between us would last.

I was no longer ___ it seemed.

My head just suddenly snapped up, my eyes felt a small burning sensation though it wasn’t enough to rub my eyes. Jennie seemed a little shaken by the sudden sight of my face, she’s probably barely seen it because of the amount of times my head is down. Well not anymore, I paused only by the slight second when I saw her wide eyes and slightly parted jaw, but after that, I couldn’t hold back.

“Come back?! You want me to come back now after all this time? You can’t say that after telling me to leave you alone Jennie. It just doesn’t work like that after the amount of time you’ve practically abused my mind and body as my own mate. It just doesn’t work out like that, just because I’m a submissive doesn’t mean that I listen to all your ing words and be all plain jane and happy about it. That’s just… just so… ed up! I can’t go back there, no way, nobody wants me back there anyways if I remember correctly.” It seems like I suddenly had a chance to vent it all out properly and it was aimed at the right person.

“I do ___, I swear I do!” Jennie says back though I shake my head as a notion of me not buying it. “Bull you do Jennie. It must be your parents forcing you to take me back or else you wouldn’t be doing any of this.” I retort back, trying to lay down all the logic. I could see the tears that were welling up in her eyes, threatening to fall and streak down her face.

“No, my parents have nothing to do with this. I didn’t know that you would be in this camp; I didn’t know you went to this school, or that you were even alive! I’m here talking to you because I want to ___! No, because I need to. I didn’t know what a submissive was; I was just an idiot who didn’t really know your kind I do know what you are now. I’m sorry ___, I really am.”  I could tell she was trying her best to not let out any sobs but I wasn’t going to stop.

Her words… she messed them up.

 I was starting to tear up in frustration, anger and sadness all in one, my mind wasn’t taking this little vent or rant session too well.

“So you…” I took a deep breath before I closed my eyes and tried to speak again.

“You only came to me… you’re only fine with me now because you know what a god ing submissive is?!” I watched her flinch slightly at my loud cursing that I actually considered to stop but I remembered when she had done worse to me.

“Now that you know what a submissive is, which I don’t even know myself because my own damn wolf says it’s that bad, you’re only willing to take me as your mate now? Not even the fact that I’m your own mate that you’re finally accepting me but because you found out what I am? Apparently everyone seems to like me when I'm a submissive, because they were apparently ‘taught with the right books’ but I can’t help but think that’s the only reason they like me. Maybe you’re the same…” The last part would’ve fallen to deaf ears but not Jennie’s.

“That’s not true ___!” Jennie’s tears had finally fallen down her cheeks while I was given the temptation to just say sorry but I know all too well.

This is all ed up.

Jennie put her head down slowly while I continued to just stare at her miserable form. It was ironic. Now I was the one glaring her down while she kept her head down, her tears dropping onto the ground.

When she wipes her tears briefly and looks up, I notice how red her eyes had gone in the span of a few seconds, and now I didn’t mean her pupils. I mean that they’d gone red from stressing her eyes or whatever it’s called.

“I’m sorry. I’m sorry for the way that I treated you like . I’m sorry for the way I hurt you repeatedly without a care in the world. I’m sorry that you have such a ed up mate, but please please please!” She took a few deep breaths of air before she continued with a softer voice.

“Please… can you at least forgive me? I know it’ll be a longshot but I can’t take being so far from you…” This was hard. Everything was but why did she have to make things so hard for me?

“I… I can’t. No.” My voice cracked midway, a note of evidence for how painful it was just to say no.

A shaky sigh left her lips before she asked me something that made me stop everything.

“Do you… hate me?” My own lips trembled as I tried to stop myself from breaking on the spot. There was a part of me saying to scream a loud ‘no’ and say that it was my entire fault. To ask for forgiveness from her myself, but my sudden boost of confidence was stopping me along with the cold hard truth.

“Yes.” There was no sympathy when I spoke, just a harsh voice that cut through the deafening silence. I could feel the pinch in my chest, in my damn heart when I told Jennie that, the way her eyes conveyed huge hurt as if she was breaking.

But it was too late… I was broken anyways.

“I hate you; I hate you so much that I just want to run away. Being so close to you hurt me so, I hate it! I hate talking to you, I hate looking at you, I hate the pure idea of you yet… yet I can’t help but think and miss you all the time even if you’re hurting me. You’re a ing sickness that I hate yet ask to kill me more inside. I hate it, I hate it all!”

I could hear her sniffles, and now I really wanted to stop but I just couldn’t help it. This was getting too far, even for me. I had to look away myself, walking away to stand by the edge of the water stream in a safe manner. I heard a few footsteps meaning she wasn’t too far away, though I wished she was walking away not towards me.

Nobody had spoken for what seemed like hours yet had only been mere minutes. It felt like we were finally equal if it were possible. She heard my hardships, she apologised for creating them yet my mind hasn’t been made on whether I can actually approve of being mates with her.

“Why do you sleep with Rosé?” From the way her voice and breathing sounded, she seemed calm just like me. “I have to, it’s just easier.” “Easier for what?” Her voice was rather calming to listen to in general. “To sleep.” “Why?” She really is curious about me now huh? She’s not going to like it though.

“I get nightmares.”

“Of your dad?”

“No… of you.”
 


I feel like this is ...

Y'ALL GOT JEALOUS!JENNIE AND THE OC AND JENNIE TALKING IT OUT IN ONE GO, HOWS THAT?!

DISCORD: Y'all i have a discord chat for yu guys to join, we talk random stuff and about the book 'Mated Love' as well. Sometimes i drop hints and ask you guys about what to do, theres a few on it but it'd be nic if a lot more join. You make good friends instantly on the server, and sicord is free and easy to download on PC and mobile. 

now...

MEOW OUT!