Till I Leave

Mated Love (Discontinued)

Friday

___ POV ~

It’s 7:24 am when I stop on the spot, checking my watch as I adjust my bag slightly.  I walked for 2 hours yesterday before my legs started to ache, causing me to drop at a large tree and make myself comfortable for a brief sleep. I had my watch have an alarm to go off at 7, so now I'm sure I can keep moving. My calves are burning a little, my ankles a little strained though I’m not giving up.

Its past 7 though… that means Jennie must be up by now.

Turning around, a heavy sigh passes my lips when my chest starts to hurt a little.

I can’t feel anything, though I do feel something. The pain of leaving her and pushing her away from me, even when she asked me to do so herself. I feel my anxiety from last night and the small sense of regret start to grow within me when I start to think pessimistically.

What if I'm too far away from Jennie? Am I weakening the bond too much?

With a small shuffle of my feet, I find myself turning around to face what I think would be the direction of my hometown, but I'm not even sure. All I see are thick and tall trees, bearing many green leaves and long branches that block out most of the sun. These trees must at least be 50 years old to be like this, probably even more to be honest.

The dry ground is now on a slight angle as I learn that I'm starting to hike a mountain after lots of walking. I don’t know where the top is though I'm sure I’ll just be trekking down after finding the peak.

She doesn’t want me anyways…

Nobody does…

I wonder if she knows I'm gone yet?

But then... how would she know? She doesn’t go to my room, or wonder into it. She doesn’t give a single care about what I do or say. She has no reason or motive to enter my room while I ‘sleep’, because she just rushes to school right? She has Chanyeol and Sehun to take care of her, after all, she did want them to be her mate.

 That’s why I turn around and start walking further away from her.

Because Jennie doesn’t need me.

‘Whoosh’

As I kept climbing the mountain, my head slightly perked up at the sound of what seemed like a water stream nearby. I stopped briefly as my head perked up high, trying to distinguish where the sound was coming from, but it was too quiet or far to know. My ears seem to only have higher hearing capabilities when Jennie shouts at me it seems.

Everything I do just seems to remind me of Jennie. I basically need her to keep me sane, but I'm only a hassle for her to take care of when she thinks about her parent’s judgment against her. I’m still not sure as to why they are nice to me, like at all. They know something, I swear they do. Something about submissive’s that Rae never told me. She said it was better to not know, but that only heightens my curiosity.

Also what if Jennie did check my room? The pain in my chest isn’t as bad as what it was maybe 12 hours ago. The decreasing ache in my heart must be the fact that she’s happy I'm gone, and now I'm slowly weakening the mate bond even more but that doesn’t really matter right now. I’m technically completing my duties as her mate right now, making a smile appear on her face.

If Jennie is happy then I’m happy. Ironically sad that it has to do with me being gone but that’s fate.

Every step I take upwards seems to make this streaming water sound a lot closer than before, the closest when I find myself face to face with an eerie cave that seems to have its walls covered in moss on the inside. The water is really loud though, maybe 10 metres inside this cave because it echoes as well.

Walking in, I take my phone out of my bag and use the flashlight to guide my way in. The ground is wet; a few small puddles here and there just like the ceiling of the cave that seems to occasionally drop a cold droplet onto my head.

Step by step, I took my time until I curved around the slight bend in the pathway and saw a stream of water going from up downwards. Plants like flowers and more moss were growing around the top of the arch where the water came down from, and that’s when it suddenly clicked in my head.

I'm behind an actual waterfall.

Going towards the water, I let my hand forward and felt it drench instantly in the extremely cold water. On the right, I could see a bit of a ledge that leads to some rocks, ones that I could just simply jump down and start climbing down this mountain on safe grounds.

The change of scenery here is beautiful, more bushes with berries and flowers and a river that connects the bottom of the waterfall. It was a lot brighter on this side of the mountain as well, probably because it rises on this side but I could see it before because of the trees. I know for certain that there’s no turning back now.

And I bet Jennie would be cheering happily when she realises I'm gone for sure.

Jennie POV ~

I ed up.

Real bad.

She actually left me… I asked for this, I know, but I can’t believe that she would actually go. I thought her away from me would do me so much good, I was never gonna act upon it, but now I didn’t have to. She’s gone…

The only proper thing I have left of her lies in my hand. A damn apology letter for who knows what, probably because I kept forcing the guilt about being a submissive on her. Not just me, in fact everyone did, but I had a bigger impact on it because I'm her mate.

She never really felt like a mate to me. I couldn’t really think of any instances where I would need a submissive wolf as a mate. I needed someone strong to protect me when I'm in danger; royalties have lots of risks you know, just someone that I can feel myself being safe with. But that wouldn’t have happened if I were with ___, I would have to protect her 24/7.

That felt… odd to think about. Saying if I were with ___. I am with ___; it’s just that I'm… not. But I'm meant to. She’s meant to be here, with me, by my side for the whole of eternity. But maybe that’s not just meant to be with us, maybe she’s just meant to be here briefly till she leaves.

She’s just a submissive anyways.

People say that we should be thanking submissives, some dare to say that we should be bowing down to them like my parents but I find that a lot of bull. No ing way will I be bowing to her over what her ing ancestors did.

You see, you can only be a submissive through genetics, and it only randomly sparks whenever it wants. That’s why the chances of one being born are extremely slim, nobody really knows what the chances are so they just say 1 in a thousand years or once in a millennial.

And that gene, it could belong to any species.

No I'm not saying that a vampire could, god no, I'm talking about how she could be the 1 out of something vampire, or witch, or human.

Because submissives are slaves.

Yep…

I just said that.

No I have good reasoning though. I was taught that all submissives were dragged into the industry purely because they would do whatever someone wanted and wouldn’t resist because they had no intention to. They were sold around the world, put up for trade and stuff, so do you understand how disturbing it is to be a mate with someone of her kind?

Being a submissive basically means you have the ancestry f opening your legs to anybody because someone told them to, I mean, what happened to their mates even? They were said to be forgotten as the submissives would leave them for this type of business. Now imagine the type of embarrassment that would ensue if everyone found out I was mates with this type of person.

Maybe this is for the best…

Her gone might be for the best. Maybe I should forget about her.

The small ache in my chest seems to hate that idea, slowly blooming into what would be a searing pain of agony, but I shook it off for now. The piece of paper that she left me, it seems wrong to not keep it.

But aren’t I trying to forget about her? Surely I can keep just one thing right?

I just quickly go to my room, opening the drawers of my study tables and leaving it in a place where I would rarely touch. Then I quickly go back downstairs, grabbing my back and leaving the house to see my driver outside and ready to take me to school. I still feel luggish, but I can’t help it I guess.

I was killing my mate bond.

10 mins later ~

The drive to school is quick, or I at least think it’s quick. I just stared outside the window, no intentions of doing anything because I just felt calm. But that’s quite concerning, I'm never calm. Vampires aren’t calm. They're cunning people who always have something to think about, someone to feel angered at or maybe envied, but nothing sat right.

I didn’t leave the car with my head held eye, it just kept to ground, uninterested in doing anything. I didn’t have that great smirk on my face when I entered the gates of the school, nor did I feel that sense of power when everyone stared at me like I was some princess. Oh wait… I am.

It didn’t feel like that at all.

It made me uncomfortable, on edge to the point where I grit my teeth. It made me frustrated at the amount of times I could hear my name being mentioned, my knuckles turned whiter if possible as my nails dug into the palms of my hands.

Was this what ___ felt like? Coming to school every day with everyone watching and avoiding her like she had caught some deadly disease?

This wasn’t like that though.

___ was scared, I was disturbed.

She was afraid to walk through the very corridors I do now, just waiting for someone to launch at her with repulsive words or to push her down.

I was annoyed at how everyone could be so damn happy while looking at me, the complete opposite of what ___ felt.

But it was the same as well.

When Chanyeol and Sehun approached my locker, I didn’t greet them with plans to torment ___, she wasn’t even here to do that. I’d slammed the door closed after grabbing what I needed and just walked away as they stayed by my sides. They had giddy smiles on their faces but my face remained stone cold and emotionless.

What felt worse was the growing ache in my chest that refused to disappear, only motivated to send me crumbling down when I least expect it though. Thinking about ___ would only make things worse, I said I would forget her, but it seems that my whole life just revolved around her.

“- and then we can lock her in the room after that. What do you say Jennie?”

“Hmm what?” I stopped in my steps when I’d only just realised the two boys were talking about who knows what, but I'm guessing that it has something to do with ___. The two boys stopped as well, coming in front of me as I looked between the two confused.

“We asked if you were okay with our plan Jennie.” Sehun asked, looking at me quite concerned but I wouldn’t blame him; I'm not in the mood for this bull right now. “Yeah we were saying how we’d put some slime or something in ___’s hair and when she goes to the lockers for a shower, we’d grab her clothes and towels and just lock her in there! We can cut off the water supply as well. ” He didn’t seem to catch on about how I was feeling today, or he didn’t seem to care, but first of all.

Was Chanyeol stupid? Was he the kind of guy that was just ready to flat humiliate someone just for the fun of it? ___ may not be here, but he’s practically asking for me to punch that ing smile off his face.

Wait… did I just say that? That I wanted to punch his face? Why would I say that? He’s my friend right? He just wants the best for me.

“Uh…” I start when I realise I’d been too deep into thought and ignoring the two in front of me. “Sure... uhh… I need to go to the bathroom. So… don’t do it yet.” I answered with an awkward chuckle, quickly turning around to the wrong direction of the bathroom. They didn’t pick up on it though, that was a close one.

Was this the sort of stuff that ___ had to go through every day before I came? Or was this just getting even worse because of my loathing for submissives that Sehun and Chanyeol just share with me? Either way, ___ was getting her whole life if you include her dad.

What if she went to her dad’s house?

The slight chance of the idea did make my head perk up, but then it was shaken down by how unrealistic it was. She wouldn’t go there, because that was simply too risky for her. She came back with a lashed back the day she went for a simple visit to get stuff, who knows what he would do when she finally goes back. Also it would just get worse every day because of the amount of abuse he used to give her. She would probably die if she went back.

Why am I thinking about her? I'm meant to forget her, but all I do is talk more about her. She won’t leave my mind, and if this doesn’t stop, the unsettling pain in my chest is never going to stop growing. My mate bond is still fighting for her, to leave school and reach her but I refuse to do so. She’s gone for good.

‘Ring’

I hear the bell go off, telling us to go to our first class. Everyone is quick to walking to their rooms; slightly upset from the fact that ___ is a no show to school. It’s not hard to pick up all the students whispering ___’s name, that’s all I keep hearing.

“Hey where’s ___?”

“Aww, ___ isn’t-”

“Is ___ gone?”

Every time her name is mentioned, my walking pace keeps increasing, to the point where I'm trying to run away from all the whispers but I don’t want them whispering about me either. I grip my bag strap hard and just keep my head down, trying to escape this nightmare but to no avail.

“___ should-”

“Did ___-”

“___ can-”

Soon everyone is out the hallways and in their first class, but I can still her name. It’s everywhere, not just to my ears but in my head as well. She’s starting to haunt my mind, leaving me to let my bag strap go and start pulling at my hair to relieve some tension but nothing goes. The bond must be begging me to do something, but even I can’t do anything if I wanted to.

After some walking, I finally find myself at the bathrooms I was supposedly going to, straight away throwing my bag to the floor as I wash my face a little. Maybe I just need to calm down a bit, relax a little, but how can I when my mate is somewhere out there, risking themselves just because of me.

God she comes up every ing where.

I look at myself mirror, and I realise how ed up I look.

I look like I’d just run a 3km marathon with how red my face has gone. My neck feels sticky by the second from whatever sweat started to perspire instantly. My eyes look like I’d never gotten a wink of sleep all night, which I do naturally, but they're all red and look extra tired for god knows what.

No. For ___.

She makes me like this, and now I wonder.

Is she okay?

Is she hurt?

Did her back ever heal properly? Sometimes I smell her tempting blood but I was never sure if that was hers.

Is she happy now?

Does she hate me?

Every time I asked myself these things, a sudden piercing pain would shoot through my chest, like a knife through my heart constantly twisting with no mercy. The twinge was slowly flowing through my arms and legs, leaving me too weak to stand as I lost balance onto the bathroom wall and slowly slid down. My lower lip quivers as my breathing grows irregular, eyebrows twitching every few seconds till they furrow as the tears in my eyes start to well up. My straight hair shadows over my face as I curl my legs towards my chest and rest my head on my knees.

I thought that I would be able to survive without her but look at what the I am now, a pathetic princess whining for her mate who probably will never come after being wished for her to leave.

“I-I’m s-sorry… Please come b-back… I didn’t m-mean it… D-Don’t leave me h-here… I take it all back…” As if wishing for ___ to hear me, I would keep repeating the same 5 phrases as endless tears would run down my face onto my legs and on the floor. My chest still had that unforgiving pain with no chances of it depleting as I cried out for her to come back with the occasional sniffles.

I need her back.

Please.

Bring her back to me.

I want my mate back.

‘Creak’

I could hear the door open but I didn’t pay attention to who came in because of the amount of hurt I was in.

“Holy sh- Jennie?!”

Jisoo?

Jisoo was a friend of mine that had to move away because of some hunters that were so keep on burning some witches, that being Jisoo and her family. Yep, Jisoo is a witch like those Hogwart dudes from Harry Potter, she even has the round glasses that she would wear sometimes. When she left, I was stuck with my ‘friends’ in my old school.

“Jennie what the hell happened?!” I didn’t answer her and kept in my traumatic state of muttering my unheard apologies to ___.  I hear her footsteps a little bit before I'm sure she’s grabbed my back from the jingling of the zipper things are heard.

I feel her arm snake around my shoulder, trying to comfort me, but instead I launch myself into her arms and bawl my eyes out even more. She instantly put her arms around me and tried to console me, rubbing and patting my back a little but nothing worked.

“What’s wrong Jendeuk?” I miss that name. But I miss ___ more.

“She’s g-gone. She l-left me.” Occasional sniffles would keep breaking my sentence from how miserable  felt. “Who left you?” It took me a deep breath to be able to say her name, but when I did, it just made me feel a lot more sickly.

“___.”

“It’s okay Deukie, I'm sure she’ll come back.” But she won’t.

“You don’t g-get it Jisoo… I told her to g-go…” “Shhh, you need to calm down Jennie. ___ wouldn’t leave just because someone tells her to. Jessica and I talk about her a lot sometimes.”

Jessica… where have I heard that name before? Oh wait, ___ is friends with her, right? Jisoo still doesn’t understand though.

“J-Jisoo… she’s my m-mate!” I manage to blurt out, not sure as to how Jisoo reacts but I just keep sobbing. “Mate? … let’s get you to sick bay first… just rest in there, you need it.” I nod my head but don’t move until Jisoo starts to tuck her arms under my own and slowly pick me up on my feet.

It was a long slow walk to the sick bay, and there I met Jessica. A simple human who didn’t hesitate to help me to the bed with Jisoo, telling me to lie down while I overhear Jessica and Jisoo talking but barely, I’d rather hear ___’s voice.

“What happened to her?”

“Her mate left her.”

“She’s got a mate at this age?”

“That’s not the worst part… her mate is ___.”

“___ left her? Doesn’t sound like something she would do.”

“No… she told ___ to leave…”
 


I'm mean aren't I? Sorry for the late update, it was meant to go out yesterday but then i lost ideas. About the oc's ancestry, i will fix that, like you'll actually understand what happens a little later. i think it's the next chapter, but anyways... :)