So I Ran

Mated Love (Discontinued)

Tuesday

The vampiric princess spun around, her eyes flashing back and forth from dark red to a brown practically as dark as black. She proceeded to scan through the crowd, starting from the far end from my area to find who it is that she would address as her mate. The crowd was of considerable size so it would take her a lengthy time to wait for a heart swarming reaction from her body. Everybody is whispering amongst themselves, puzzled as to why she was watching everyone so intently. Nobody knew what caught her attention, nobody except the two of us who were thinking the same thing.

Mate. Mate. Mate. Mate.

She was getting closer to my side so my legs acted on impulse, running through the hallways that I’d been leaning on the wall of, praying that she barely snuck a glimpse of my side-profile when I rounded the corner by the end of the hallways. If she did see my face front on, she wouldn’t need to think to know who I was in her lengthy life. I didn’t dare watch her reaction to my sudden departure as I could tell that she was watching me sprint away from the bond that I’d already started forming with her.

I think I should explain the mate bond to you.

The bond between mates work 2 ways so it is pretty complicated to understand the whole thing theoretically but let’s go simple. Imagine I hold a leash that is attached to the heart of the princess and vice versa. My hold is stronger than hers because I’ve seen her face and felt her presence and so on; I knew she was definitely my mate. The princess has a weaker hold because she never saw my face, she only felt me nearby or saw me in the corner of her eye so her mind reacted but she wasn’t sure who it was for since she had the crowd around her with me barely in the picture. When she turned, she was waiting for her thoughts to go ‘mate’ when she checked everyone’s face but it never happened because I was already gone. I saw her properly so I knew it was her, she didn’t see me properly so it was faint. And I intend on keeping it that way.

 I could hear two people finally approach her like a proper student should. But it just had to be those two didn’t it?

“Hello princess, it is an honour to speak to you.” Of course Sehun, but his voice was so formal here.

“Don’t worry about that low life; she’s not someone you should talk to. She’s just a stupid submissive; she shouldn’t even be here today. Let us take you to the office.” Great, Chanyeol too except he remained in his egotistical self. What are you trying to play at fate?

‘Ring’

I wasn’t too focused on how Chanyeol insulted me afterwards as I managed to find a way to my first class without bumping into the crowd that was starting to disperse. I had maths first, not something I would prefer to be in as Sehun and Chanyeol would be in there too. Do they even learn anything in their brain? Do they even have a brain? Well they must but it probably focuses on the many ways to make my school life torturous.

The classroom was empty when I sat down in my seat, something to be thankful for since I did substantially for that result. My seat is in the last row, all the way on the right so that I could lean on the wall and pretend I was studying when in fact I was asleep. I never liked the window; it reminded me of my lack of freedom unless I was shopping for the groceries once a month. One table was long enough to seat two students so I obviously had a seat empty because who would want to sit next to a submissive? Well it seems that Sehun and Chanyeol did, taking the table that was in front of me so that they could send notes to insult me and whatnot. Chanyeol was the one against the wall and directly in front of me while Sehun sat on the aisle way side.

I took off my blazer, burning at the thought that I’d just found my mate. I didn’t say that in a good way, my heart slightly aching from being distant but I’d rather that than anything else.

Rae, is she actually my mate?!

I… I-

Because she’s the godamn princess! Do you get me!? The Princess!

She is, pup… her body type fits the exact vision I had form before. That vampire is your mate.

But she’s a vampire! What if she sinks her teeth in my neck while I sleep?!

She wouldn’t dare pup. Mates have to trust each other enough to allow that. Permission should always be there.

What is she forces me? I’m still a submissive.

I doubt she’d be one of those horrid boys that humiliate you.

Gee thanks Rae.

I’m sorry pup, but I can’t change fate. If you’re mated to a vampire then you must proceed on. You’ve already made a slight bond on her.

But she doesn’t on me…

She doesn’t, but her bond will slowly grow as you crave for that feeling when she’s nearby. You hurt when she’s away don’t you?

I guess I-

Stop being unsure with yourself pup and admit it. You want to look at her again. You want her nearby, in fact no distance between the two of you so that you can at least feel the quizzical burst of energy once more as your bond strengthens.

Rae-

Don’t deny it pup because if I can feel it then you sure can as well.

Frustrated with how easily I’d already fallen fond of the princess I remained quiet. While the rest of the class entered, the two delinquents didn’t say a word to me but they did send me a threatening glare to me before they sat down. I didn’t mean to eavesdrop but they were talking about the princess so I unconsciously started listening as I wrote down the formulas that the teacher wrote.

S: “The princess is beautiful Yeol.”

C: “I know right, so ing hot.”

S: “I agree, very hot.”

C: “Dude, I just wish she was my mate! Just imagine… her biting my neck. .”

I think my very little appetite has now reduced to nothing. It’s not even the fact that they’re talking like that, it was just because they were talking about her like that.

Ha, possessive already?

‘Knock Knock’

Everybody, including me, snapped their head towards the source of the noise and immediately fawned over the student. Of course fate did this to me. 

Make my mate a student in my class because hey, that’s fate.

“Hi… I’m the new student?” The teacher immediately put down the chalk and dusted his hands of any chalky dust before gesturing with his hands for her to enter. “Ah yes, do enter.” Nobody bothered to close their jaws to hide their excitement of the princess coming, well no one except me. I had my eyes widen before I slowly started leaning my elbow the table to hide myself behind the bulky figures of Chanyeol and Sehun. Sometimes they did come in handy.

I watched Jennie scan the room just like she did minutes before when looking for me, her mate, in the crowd.  Once again when she reached me I looked away, my hand that had the elbow on the table covering my face before I could feel her eyes had passed me then worked back to the teacher.

“Please, introduce yourself for us.” He spoke, of course ecstatic that he would be teaching the unnamed princess that looked obviously bothered, most likely sick of the gawking looks she received. She rolled her eyes in an annoyed manner before she spoke. “Whatever… my name is Jennie Kim and I’m the new princess that moved in yesterday.” Jennie huh? Simple, I like it. The teacher didn’t care about her spiteful tone, instead looking for a spare seat for her to use. His mood soon changed to disgust when he saw how the only seat left was right next to me. Great, just great.

“You can sit next to… ugh I apologise but next to ___.” The boys in front high fived each other as the princess, Jennie, would be sitting behind them. In that whole time I didn’t look up at Jennie because I knew she would realise soon enough. If she didn’t then I would keep hiding myself till fate forces me to obey whatever is planned for the future.

Her footsteps rung in my head, each louder and much closer to me so I found myself tempted to sneak at least one look towards Jennie. My body fought with itself before it was satisfied with the brief sight of her bare legs. That wasn’t a smart idea as I found myself desperate to see more of my mate. Maybe I could wait until break and watch her from a safe distance, hopeful that Chanyeol and Sehun don’t have anything planned for me in that time.

I heard the metal chair legs grind against the tiled floor before a small slam of what would probably be her shoulder bag and her tucking the chair she sat on. This was getting harder by the second and I know she was watching me curiously; maybe her side of the bond was clicking in her head and saying that I was her mate. I could feel my bond pulling her, and that was what I was most afraid of, why I didn’t want her to sit next to me. “, right next to the submissive?”

Yeah, this mate thing definitely won’t work with us.

‘Knock Knock’

“Ah sir, what are you doing here?” There’s only one person the teacher refers to as sir, the principal, and that was always for Chanyeol and Sehun getting called out for whatever piece of vandalism or run-breaking they’d done this time.  “I need to talk to you outside Mr Lee.” “Of course, just one second.” I didn’t bother looking at him, I was still stuck in the same position of leaning on my elbow but my hand was gripping the pen harshly. “I’ll be outside kids, don’t do anything too troubling.” Then his footsteps could be heard along with the click of the door, hinting that the door was closed for the private conversation. Soon enough, everybody had already starting conversing amongst themselves and-

“Oi muck, I thought we told you to stay in the dumpster.” I heard Chanyeol stand up after he spoke, leaning down with an arm on the wall to steady him as he powered over my defenceless body. I stayed in position, slowly turning my body in my seat to face the wall.  If Jennie saw a single part of my face then she’ll kill me. I can’t let her know. “I thought I said something !” His voice came out as a deep growl, clearly upset with the way I was ignoring him and coming to school today. Sehun remained seated, seemingly unfazed. It was unnatural since he was always the talker, expressing his passive resentment to me.

“SAY SOMETHING!”

Everybody had gone silent, now watching from their seats to watch what type of entertainment he provides for them all. I didn’t say something but I did whimper quietly, technically answering his command. “I worked so hard to put you in that rank dumpster! I had to pay the ing broke scum of a janitor our school hired to make sure the bins weren’t cleared that night!” His voice sends my ears ringing as I flinched from the violent use of his voice. I don’t need to see to know that Jennie was staring at me with pure revolt, and everyone else but more Jennie because of the bond.

His voice had turned oddly calm afterwards.

“Well if you were so damn persistent on meeting the princess today like I told you not to ing do,”

‘SLAM’

He slammed his hands down on my desk palm down, leaning down till his eyes met mine that were starting to water.

“THEN GO AHEAD AND SHOW YOUR PATHETIC FACE TO HER YOU SUBMISSIVE!”

His one hand reached to my collar, pulling me up until I was lifted off the seat and was merely dangling a few inches above the air while standing. My hands started to try and claw off his fingers of but once again I'm extremely weak. I’d totally forgotten that my arms were my only form of guard from Jennie seeing who I was. I didn’t see her while mid-air as Chanyeol dropped me on the spot, the sudden action causing me to topple onto the ground with my heard hitting the edge of the chair. My eyes closed while taking in the sharp pain, my hand rubbing the harmed area as a form of relief.

But it was too late.

I opened my eyes again, observing how Jennie was in pure shock while my eyes were now slightly blurry. I blinked once, the tears falling down my cheek at different speeds while I let Jennie watch me shakily. Her enticing eyes, just like in the hallways, flashed their dark red once as they saw their mate in front of them. Her eyebrows then furrow and I can feel the flush of anger that stirs in her through the slightly stronger bond when she can finally process what woeful act fate has planned for her. Simultaneously, her sinful red lips had mouthed the one word that I’d repeated in my mind once again.

Mate.

I quickly stood up, eyes looking back to Chanyeol who now had ragged breathing from anger; mine was more irregular from the fear but that didn’t change the fact that Jennie had figured what I definitely didn’t want her to. I could feel her rush of anger increase from our bond and it wasn’t hard to work out that she was obviously appalled with the idea of her being mated to a bloody submissive. I didn’t know what to do so I panicked, firmly pushing my table down so that it would slam onto Chanyeol’s gigantic feet.

I ran.

I ran before Jennie could voice out her words of dejection from knowing that she’d be mated to me. Before Chanyeol could recover from the pain in his foot and enter a worse state of anger. Before Sehun would say some impudent insult to the class that would send them all laughing. Before Rae could stop me as I could hear her in the back of mind to stop and talk to Jennie. Before the teacher and principal could tell who had just burst out the classroom and was now ditching class and calling out for me to stop. Before my brain would return to its regular feeble-minded state filled with traumatic experiences.

I just ran.

Outside the classroom. Outside the hallway. I passed Jessica but I didn’t stop, she can just ask whatever to my teacher.

I left the building, then the school grounds, and then I stopped. To the right was home so I ran left. I don’t need a drunkard of a dad bothering and abusing me in my state of crisis. Of course the neighbourhood would be unfamiliar but nothing would stop me for now. My hands were clenched in tight fists, my fingernails digging harshly into my palms to the point of breaking past the skin. It stung but that was nothing compared to the stitch that that’d formed as soon as I left the second palace of hell.

My feet were burning as were my lungs, eyes, hands, head, and my entire figure in whole. It was too much. Just as I was crossing the street I’d met my breaking point. I collapsed, the momentum from my sprint sending skidding along the gravelly road a metre or two. My recently healed hands were most likely grazed again from the excruciating sting I felt whilst trying to block my face from the fall. It didn’t help with my new nail cuts in the centre of each hand. My arms were probably grazed in my elbow area; I can’t be specific as my whole body was fighting a pain worse than anything else. My knees were also grazed, there’s no questioning since anybody would have at least some sort of wound on their leg from that kind of fall.

My body was drained, lungs finally able to in large huffs of oxygen before shakily breathing out while my chest shook from the discomfort. I heard the engine of a car coming near then the sound of car doors open but my eyes closed as I was fighting to stay conscious. Two pairs of rapid footsteps could be heard rushing to my spent body before I was lifted in a pair of warm arms. Whoever’s voice it was, it was now merely muffled as my head was now suffering consequences from the fall. There was no hesitation in my body and seconds later I was limp in his hands.
 

Finally I can talk to you doofus.

What? Rae?

God, why would you do that to yourself?

I’m not dead?

Why on earth would you be dead from running?

Uh… because it’s me?

Where am I?

You tell me when you open your eyes pup, all I know is you out in some guy’s arms.

Are they gonna kidnap me?!

Like I said, open your eyes and we’ll know.

God I feel so sick.

Does that even work when you’re like this?

I don’t know, you tell me.

Only if you tell me why you did that. Do you know how irresponsible that is to do that? That was your mate but you left her.

Do you now remember the way she looked at me? She looked repulsed with the idea of being stuck with me!

I’m sure that’s not true.

Bull that’s not true; it didn’t take me a second to know she was unhappy. I mean who wouldn’t? A Vampire Princess and a Submissive Werewolf being mates. What were the odds?

I’m sure you’re over exaggerating.

Exaggerating?! She literally said the word ‘submissive’ with so much hate! Who knows what she’ll say now she’s mates with me! Do you know how embarrassing that would be for her? I’ll ruin her life just by living, heck; I’ve ruined everyone’s life just by living! God, why do I still bother?

Because of fate.

Well that means that fate is the reason I’ve been tortured my whole life!

I… I can’t compete with that.

And what? Now I’m being kidnapped by who knows and they’ll probably through me down a cliff since nobody would care anyways!

*sighs*

I don’t think I could care less about myself either.


Hi :)

New chapter because writing feels just randomly sprung so it comes today instead of Sat/Sun. I have no photo for this chapter which means no new characters as of now! Yes, the oc is weak but I'm keeping it that way since I've literally planned for like 10 chapters ahead which works with this oc so... i hope you enjoy!