Jealousy + Authors Note

BAP Short Stories- Youngjae Centric

 

Okay so I just wanted to start off with an apology.  I know that I haven't updated in a while and I probably won't be updating regularly for a while.  These past few weeks I have been feeling off and it all came to a head last weekend.  I was having excruciating migranes and I lost feeling on the right side of my body.  At the hospital they found that I have a blood clot in my brain.  I'm currently managing it with blood thinners and everything should heal up nicely but I still have constant headaches so looking at electronics for long and trying to write a story isn't going to work very well for me.  That being said, I wanted to share with you what I was working on before the headaches started.  It's unfinished and I'll likely never complete it but I hope that you enjoy it nonetheless and comment if you want more of BAP as kids.

 

 

Jongup had only been 7 when the Yoo’s moved in next door but he was instantly enamoured by the other boy.

 

The boy was cute to say the least.  His floppy hair was ruffled and fluffy cheeks puffed out as he tried to help his parents unpack their car.  He was so cute, he reminded Jongup of a Jigglypuff.  

 

The youngest Yoo was so small and adorable, Jongup was surprised to later learn from his mother that he was older than him.

 

Jongup didn’t know how to describe how he was feeling but as he watched the boy struggling to drag his suitcase that he decided that he was going to take care of him.

 

--

 

Despite their differences, the two boys instantly hit it off and became quick friends.  To Jongup though, Youngjae wasn’t just like any other friend.  Youngjae was special.  Jongup would do anything for his Youngjae hyung.  He was precious and something to take care of but Jongup’s other friends didn’t seem to see him the same way.

 

They weren’t mean to him at all, in fact he had quickly become a part of their group but they didn’t see the youngest Yoo the same way Jongup did.  They played rough with him, allowing for bruises and scrapes to paint his skin.  It was sacrilegious; like asking an angel to stoop down to the level of mere mortals.  Though, seeing the smile they caused on Youngjae’s face, Jongup could deal with it.

 

What he couldn’t deal with was Daehyun.

 

Jongup is not a jealous child and never has been.

 

He always shared his toys with his friends and never saw the point of fighting with his siblings for his parents attention.  He was just a laid back kid.

 

But when it comes to Youngjae, all bets are off.

 

Since the first day they met, Daehyun had called Youngjae, claiming him as his best friend.  Jongup would not tolerate this.

 

He saw Youngjae first.

 

He was friends with Youngjae first.

 

He was the one to vow to take care of Youngjae forever.

 

Daehyun had no right to claim Youngjae when he was so clearly Jongup’s and the younger was sure to make that clear to everyone.