Dealing With a Demon

BAP Short Stories- Youngjae Centric

 

“Who are you talking to?”

 

“Never forget that you’re mine.”

 

“Were you seriously trying to leave without me?”


 

When Youngjae agreed to sell his soul to a demon, he didn’t expect to get this muscly, clingy puppy dog.

 

He didn’t want to sell his soul, honestly who does, but desperate times call for desperate measures.  How desperate was he you may ask.  Broke college student who recently acquired his parents massive debt after they “mysteriously” passed away levels of desperate.

 

It turns out that apparently his parents had been borrowing money from some shady people and couldn’t really pay them off.  It was only after his parents died that they set their aims on him.

 

It was only two weeks after his parents death that two men in black suits had showed up at his pathetic excuse of an apartment.  The two men were minions, sent by their boss to let Youngjae know that if he didn’t pay in the next month, some “unfortunate events” may happen around him.  Honestly, after seeing what he was sure they did to his parents, Youngjae was terrified and desperate.  With such a short deadline, there was no way that Youngjae would be able to pay them back in time, no matter how many jobs he got.

 

He didn’t plan on telling any of his friends what was going on.  This wasn’t their problem (not that it should be Youngjae’s either, really) and besides, it’s not like they could help him anyways; they were all relatively broke college students like Youngjae.  They had known him for years now and knew that something was going on.  They pushed him so hard, that it took less than a week for Youngjae to break.

 

Admittedly, Zelo wasn’t serious when he said that Youngjae would have to sell his soul to pay them back in time, but the idea was stuck in his head.  Youngjae knows how terrible of an idea it is, but he doesn’t know what else to do at this point.  It would be one thing for them to hurt him, but if they ever hurt his friends, Youngjae would never be able to live with himself.  And that’s how Youngjae found himself selling his soul to a demon just days before the deadline.

 

Without going into too much detail, Youngjae found a very sketchy shop down some alley where some old lady summoned a demon.  The demon wasn’t what he expected.  Youngjae had envisioned him with the classic horns and spiked tail, but the demon was very different.  He looked young, younger than Youngjae at least, but he was strong and had a stoic air around him.

 

The deal they made was fairly simple; Jongup would pay off all of Youngjae’s debts, including his school debt and in return, Youngjae would belong to Jongup.  Of course, Youngjae wasn’t a complete idiot and made a clause that Jongup could not kill him prematurely which is why they are in this situation now.

 

In Youngjae’s opinion, Jongup seemed hell bent on confusing him.  The first thing he did after the deal was done was to send some of his underlings out to pay off all of Youngjae’s debts.  After that, the human had expected for him to leave then, going back to doing whatever demons do, until he could reap Youngjae’s soul from his dead body, but instead he demanded for the human to bring him back to his apartment.

 

It seemed like the demon decided to be a permanent fixture in Youngjae’s life.  Once inside the glorified storage closet, he decided that this wasn’t good enough for them and promptly left to get them, yes both of them, a lavish apartment to live in.  As if that wasn’t enough, he became extremely possessive of Youngjae (though if Youngjae was to be honest, Jongup is a complete push over for him).  He was basically a human looking guard dog who could be dangerous to anyone else, but is a er for their human.  It was totally annoying, but also kinda cute at the same time.  Youngjae humoured it most of the time, though he quickly shut the demon down when he tried to claim himself as Youngjae’s fiancé (that was moving way too fast for Youngjae’s tastes) and besides, none of them really believed it anyways.

 

If he were to be truthful, Youngjae was actually beginning to like having the demon around, though they have a long, long time for that to change.

 

 

 

 

Okay so first of all, the random bolding is back like what the heck, but I digress.  I hope you enjoyed this.  I know that it was short but I don't have a lot of writing time right now.  I have to work on a huge philosopy essay (if grade 12 is this hard, I am not looking forwards to college).

 

I am thinking about writing a part 2 to this so let me know if you are interested.

 

PS. prompts are always welcome.