Midnight Dance

BAP Short Stories- Youngjae Centric

 

Youngjae would die if any of the other members found them in this position.

 

The sheer humiliation of the situation would surely lead to his demise.  Okay so probably not, he’s probably over reacting like usual, but it wouldn't be fun either.  The others love them very much and wouldn't humiliate them that badly, but just the thought of them seeing this is enough to make him want to crawl into a hole and live the rest of his life out there.

 

It's not like they're doing anything wrong.  All they're doing is dancing, but you don't typically see two friends slow dancing in an empty studio in the dead of night.  Most people would probably just find it awkward and to be fair, the idea of doing this with any other member makes Youngjae want to crawl into the aforementioned hole, but he and Junhong just have a different relationship than the others.

 

They had been dancing together at night for years now, but the slow dancing only began happening two weeks ago.  They originally began dancing to help Youngjae loosen up.  They would wait until everyone was done with practice before Junhong would plug in his phone and they'd begin dancing to whatever came on.  They never really practiced any real dance routines, rather they mainly just played around, having fun.

 

This was honestly the main way that they bonded.

 

While Youngjae was usually dead tired by the end of practice, the maknae was a ball of energy, practically bouncing off the walls.  Seeing Junhong so excited always warmed his heart and woke him up enough to keep dancing no matter how late it was.

 

For years they continued to do this, just the two of them, no matter what was going on.  It didn't matter how tired or frustrated they were, they continued to dance together, even if only for a few minutes.

 

Back to how they began slow dancing.

 

It wasn't like some story where one of them needed to learn to slow dance to woo their crush or they needed to learn so that they could win some contest.  It was a lot more boring than that really.  That had been dancing like normal when suddenly a slow song came on.  Instead of their usual habit of either changing the song or did some over dramatic contemporary dance, Junhong pulled pulled his smaller hyung into a hug and began swaying to the soft beat.  It wasn’t a proper slow dance by far, but it was nice nonetheless.

 

To be honest, neither were sure why they did this in the first place.  The position wasn’t the most comfortable.  With the height difference Youngjae had to be in his tiptoes to wrap his arms around Junhong’s shoulders and the younger's neck was bound to be sore later from the awkward angle he had to hold it to bury his face in Youngjae’s neck, but the feel of swaying there together just felt right.

 

With a comeback on the horizon and having the group moving out, there was so much going on in their lives and it felt so peaceful to just stop everything and just be together.  Standing here, holding on to each other, it felt like the rest of the world was fading away.  No more worries or responsibilities at the moment.  Together, in that lonely studio, they were invincible and it was a feeling they never wanted to lose.

 

After that night, it became an unspoken habit.  Whenever they had a rough day or they felt like they just needed the support, they would put on a slow song and begin to dance.

 

They didn’t always dance the same way they did the first time.  Whenever Youngjae was having a rough time, Junhong would have him stand on his feet and waltz him around the room, doing all the work so his hyung could just do nothing for a few minutes.  If it was Junhong who was stressed, Youngjae rarely danced to music with him.  Instead, the older would hold the maknae to his chest, rubbing his hair and swaying them to whatever beat was going through his head.

 

It doesn’t matter to them how or why they dance.  They don’t even need to be listening to a slow song, so long as they’re dancing together.

 

 

 

 

I think that this one turned out well...I think.  Honestly, I just love shipping the two of them.  They are so adorable together and I hope that I represented them well enough.