4 am Pancakes

BAP Short Stories- Youngjae Centric

 

 

 

 

The whole dorm has been stressed out for weeks now.

 

With a new album in the works, Yongguk has been holed up in the studio almost constantly.  Even when he does return back to the dorm he locks himself in his room, working constantly until he passes out.

 

Everyone has been trying to help their leader in their own way, but nothing has been seeming to help.

 

All of the meals Himchan has left outside of Yongguk’s door have been barely touched.  He doesn’t laugh at Daehyun and Jongup’s antics anymore.  It’s so bad that he’s isolated himself to the extent that he hasn’t even been talking to Junhong.

 

No one is happy anymore, constantly worrying about Yongguk and Youngjae can’t take it anymore.

 

It’s 4 in the morning and Youngjae hasn’t slept a wink.  He has been awake all night, listening to Yongguk constantly tapping away at his keyboard in the room beside him.

 

He sat up, stretching out before trudging over to Yongguk’s room.  He knocked on the door multiple time to no avail.  He would have just walked in normally, but Yongguk has kept the door locked tight for days.

 

Looking around to make sure no one was around him, Youngjae began wiggling the handle around.  He twisted it to the right before wiggling it around upwards.  It was a trick he learnt years ago one night when Daehyun had locked himself in his room before passing out after he had been out drinking and he has kept it a secret knowing it could prove useful.

 

After a few seconds of jiggling the handle, he finally heard the lock click and watched as the door began to slowly creep open.

 

It didn’t take long for Youngjae to spot the leader hunched over in his chair, typing away at his laptop.

 

Yongguk’s room, while still tidy, smelled stale and everything has a layer of dust covering it.

 

His hair was a greasy mess and Youngjae was pretty sure that the elder has been probably wearing the same clothes for days now.  The sight was upsetting to say the least.

 

This couldn’t keep going on.

 

Leaving the door open, Youngjae quickly walked over and quietly closed Yongguk’s laptop, startling the elder.

 

Before the Yongguk could even say a word, Youngjae removed his headphones and pulled him out of his chair.

 

He began dragging him out of his room, grabbing a towel and a set of pajamas, before leading him towards the bathroom.  He ignored all of the leaders protests, instead pushing him into the bathroom.

 

He quietly told the leader to take a shower before shoving the towel and clothes into his arms and shutting the door.  He waited by the door for a few moments until he heard the sound of the shower running before heading into the kitchen.

 

He may not be the best cook ever but he knows how to make basic pancakes.

 

Luckily, pancakes are pretty quick to make so he was done and setting the table by the time that the shower turned off.

 

He was just about to sit down when Yongguk comes into the kitchen.  The elder looks half dead, eyes sunken in and feet dragging.

 

It’s a pitiful sight.

 

At least he’s clean now and will soon be fed.

 

He seems resigned as he sits down.  It’s a look that Youngjae has seen the elder wear before and he’s cursing himself for letting the elder’s situation get that far.

 

They both remain silent as Youngjae begins piling pancakes onto Yongguk’s plate before putting a few on his own.

 

With anyone else, the silence may seem awkward but there has always been this special connection between the two of them where words aren’t needed.  While Yongguk may be the pillar that holds the members of BAP up, Youngjae is the anchor that keeps him grounded.  He can tell Youngjae anything.  He can rely on the younger to be there for him and keep him going, even when he can’t do that himself.

 

The younger made sure that his hyung ate enough before cleaning up their mess.

 

At this point, the exhaustion was getting to Yongguk who was nearly passed out in his chair so Youngjae began to basically carry the taller male towards the bedrooms.

 

Instead of dropping the elder off at his own room, he continued to drag him until they reached Youngjae’s room.

 

Yongguk was so tired at this point that he didn’t even argue as he was pushed down onto the younger’s bed.  He also certainly didn’t argue as Youngjae pulled him to his chest, cuddling him and rubbing his hair, easily lulling him to sleep.

 

As he watched Yongguk fall asleep on his chest, Youngjae finally felt at peace again.  He had promised himself when they first became a group that he would always be there for the members and he would make sure that he did that from now on.

 

 

 

 

Hope you enjoyed the first chapter.  Don't really know why the text is permanently bold for me but it is currently 2 am for me and I'm too tired to bother trying to fix it.

 

Please leave any suggestions in the comment.  It would be greatly appreciated.