Chapter 4

They, Who Listens

Chapter 4 - Royal Family

 

Seunghye’s POV

 

I woke up to see the Princess still soundly asleep. Trying not to wake her up, I quietly stood up and went to go get ready. When i got out of the shower, I saw the princess sitting in her study area, reading through some books.

 

“Good Morning, Princess.” I greeted, still drying my hair.

 

“I told you to stop calling me that, and good morning to you too.” she greeted. 

 

“You should go get ready now.” She got out of the chair and went to get her clothes. 

 

“Yeah, we have breakfast soon and I’m pretty sure the king and the princes are gonna be there to so, prepare yourself.” she left to go get ready. 

 

They’re gonna be there too? Damn. what have I got myself into??

 

-------------------------

 

When she finished getting ready, we went out to go to the dining room. Some people were already there though, preparing the silverware. I looked over at the table. 

 

“Do you eat like this everyday?” I looked shocked at the decor around the dining room giving off the already ‘palac-y’ vibes. 

 

“Well, I kind of have to don’t I?” she giggled.

 

“I mean like, don’t the women of the palace and the men of the palace get separated?” I was dumbfounded.  

 

“Normally, yeah. But I guess that’s not always the case, right?” she sat down in her seat. “Come, sit here.” she pointed at the seat next to hers. 

 

“So… we just wait?” 

 

“We’re like a couple minutes early before the actual breakfast time.” She looked at the enormous clock on the wall. 

 

“They should be here so-” c

 

“JUNGHWA!~” a voice cut off her sentences. “I haven’t seen you in so long~” the man started hugging Junghwa like theres no tomorrow, smiling widely while his eyes turned crescent. 

 

The man had bleached blond hair, his bangs reaching the top of his eyes.  He was wearing a Saint Laurent, signature yves collar printed shirt, top button ed, and long red pants. He wore black dress shoes to top his look off. 

 

“Brother, I saw you yesterday before I left.” She pouted. 

 

“Oh, this must be the person father was talking about.” he looked at me, arms still around Junghwa. “Don’t hurt my Junghwa, in any shape or form, or I will murder you, with my own bare hands.” he threatened. 

 

“O-okay…” Damn boy no need to get all defensive…

 

“Brother, please don’t scare my guest.” Her sweet voice coming in again. “It breaks my heart to see you angry at someone…” She hugged her brother back. 

 

He looked at her and started her hair. “Don’t worry, I won’t okay? Don’t cry yeah? Don’t worry. Big brother just wants to protect you…” 

 

“Leave her alone please, Brother….” she hugged him tighter. 

 

“...Okay.” 

 

“Yah! Park Jimin. Who gives you the right to hug MY sister first?” I looked over to see a man with greyish blue hair reaching his eyes, red velvet shirt with long black pants and dress shoes. He wore a long earring on one side of his ear as well.. 

“What do you mean, YOUR sister? She’s MY sister too, tae.” They started arguing. 

 

“Um, No. She’s mine.” The other one spoke. 

 

“I’m sorry, who was born first?” 

 

“Yeah, by a couple months so what? That just proves you're old” he stuck his tongue out. 

 

They started fighting, “Oh, shut your mouth.” the blonde one used his powers, lifting the greyish blue haired up in mid-air. 

 

“Oh really?” the greyish blue haired used his powers to life the blonde in mid air too. 

 

“Oh would you shut up? So loud in the morning.” It was the man from last night! He had blueish mint hair, bangs reaching his eyes, he wore  a white v-neck, tucked in his black leather pants, under a black suit, ed. Last, he used a black chocker to finalize his look. He flicked the two princes away. 

 

“YOONGI! DON’T INTERVENE THIS IS OUR FIGHT!” the greyish haired said, stopping in mid-air. 

 

“You guys stop fighting over Junghwa. She’s my biological, blood related sister.” The man from the forest came in rubbing the back of his neck. Jungkook was it? His name.

 

“You know how they are… let’s just leave them be.” a man with dark hair, parted to the side, using a black basketball tee under a dark green suit with dark green suit pants and white sneakers. 

 

“At least Hoseok isn’t here…” Jungkook sighed as he took a seat next to Junghwa, “Good morning sis,” he patted her head.

 

“What is this ruckus early in the morning?” a voice boomed from the doorway. Instantly, the two guys fighting stopped, standing straight.

 

“Good morning, Father.” They bowed. 

 

“Good morning, Father.” the others followed. 

 

“Good morning, Father.” Junghwa stood up and bowed as well. 

 

Quickly, I followed them and bowed as well. 

 

“Everyone, sit.” Everyone went over and sat down in their respective seats. “Namjoon and Hoseok went out this morning.” he declared.

 

It was awkward, to say the least. Very awkward. The food came after a couple minutes and, due to the ‘traditions’ I waited for everyone to eat before I could eat myself. But there was one person, one damn person that refused to eat. He was staring at me.

 

Dude… eat your food. I’m hungry and want to eat. 

 

“Yoongi, eat your food. It’s getting cold.” The man with dark hair instructed. 

 

He hummed in response, eyes not looking away.

 

-------------------------

 

“Sorry… they were kinda loud…” Junghwa apologized when we entered her room.

 

“That’s okay…” I stepped into the room as well. 

 

“They didn’t introduce themselves, so I’ll do it for them.” she started off. “The first one to come in is Jimin, Park Jimin. He can be really scary when he’s mad but if you get to his good side, or better, he’ll act that way. The second person to come in was Taehyung, Kim Taehyung. He’s the same age as Jimin so they’re really good friends with each other. Then there’s yoongi, he’s a little grumpy in the mornings and doesn’t really warm up to a lot of people if you do get him to warm up to him, he’ll be the most sweetest person you’ll ever meet.” 

 

Yoongi… that’s his name…

 

“Next we have Jungkook, my blood related brother. You’ve met him. Then, Seokjin or Jin as I like to call him. He’s really sweet, a real prince if I must say.” she giggled. “Anyway, the other two aren’t here today. They went out somewhere I don’t really know but, those two are Namjoon, or Joonie as I like to call him, and Hoseok or hobie.” 

 

“Hobie?” 

 

“Yeah. It’s a cuter way to say ‘hope’ since he’s a really cheerful person, of course when you get to know him.”

 

“I didn’t see any other female expect you there…” 

 

“Oh, that? It’s the after effect” she smiled. “Come, I’ll tell you about it.” 

 

We sat down on her window seat, she was looking out the window, as if thinking of how to say what she was going to say. 

 

“It’s just… Since I was a kid I’ve just been able to kind of make them like me… is that weird?” she half smiled.

 

“No, of course not.” 

 

“Yeah. it’s just since I was a kid, you know with how they treat women in this society right? Yeah, I just kinda tried to mingle with them and tried to impress them and all those things and somehow, it worked.” I could tell she didn’t really anticipate the outcome that come to be.

 

“How’d you do it…?” I was cautious but, I really just wanted to know.

 

“One, intelligence. It’s actually one of the key ones. If it wasn’t for it, My father would honestly act towards me how he does with other women.” she explained. “I don’t know how I knew those things but, I just did. And that lead me to be liked by my father, and Namjoon. With Jungkook, he’s my blood related brother, so I just kinda followed him around and played with him. Let’s just say I was a very obedient little sister who knew how to bribe her brother.” she smirked at the last sentence. “It wasn’t hard to bribe him. Just gave him sweets is all.” she giggled. 

 

“Then there’s the trio. I was basically their doll or dog, whichever you liked to call it. They would treat me like a dog yet, dress me up like a princess. They found me cute though they were mostly influenced by the other brothers. The hardest to crack was Yoongi. He always had that stone face of his that no one can actually crack. I don’t actually remember what happened with him. He just started acting caring somehow.” she shrugged. 

 

“What about Seokjin?” The only prince she didn’t mention was him.

 

“Jinnie? He was always kind to me since the beginning.” Well… 

 

“Hey.. Junghwa? Why are you telling me these anyway? Aren’t these supposed to be your secrets? What if someone hears us or if someone were to know?” I was scared. Although she was may be trusting me, someone may hear and tell this secret off to someone else then, I’ll just be blamed for it and killed since she only told me and I do NOT want die this young. 

 

“Honestly… I don’t know. I know I just met you like what, yesterday? But I just feel like I’ve known you for years and I just can’t help but want to tell you everything. It’s like we’re sisters or something…” She looked out the window again.

 

Sisters… ha I wish she was here with me then at least we can overcome it together.

 

“Oh,” she looked at me, examining every feature. “You kind of look like someone…” 

Now being able to see her clearly, she looks like someone I know too… then, it clicked. 

 

“Shinhye…”