Player 1 and Player 2

Select, Start
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Player 1 and Player 2

Jindeok was quiet for the rest of the morning, changing back into her clothes from the day before when she received a call from the building manager. He was to go through her apartment with her to assess the damage and if anything got stolen. Baekhyun offered to go with her, but she declined, yet he still informed her to return to his apartment afterward, that his dad wouldn't want her to be alone so soon after yesterday.

Merely nodding Jindeok left apartment 204 the knot only slightly loosening in her core as she put distance between herself and the Byuns' place. The girl was still in shock over Baekhyun's confession and couldn't quite believe it. He had liked her back in middle school? He might even like her now? How? Why? Millions of questions were running through her head as she met the building manager at her apartment so she did her best to push them away so she could focus on the task at hand. Other than the broken poster frame and some things being tossed around the only thing missing was her Nintendo DS and two Xbox One controllers which weren't too hard to replace (though Jindeok was upset about losing her progress in Pokemon Moon which the cartridge had been in the DS).

After filing a report with the building and her insurance company in the hopes to get her things replaced Jindeok went back to her apartment to shower and change. She tidied up the broken glass and straightened up her apartment some before she made her way back to the Byuns', which she was a little reluctant at doing. She wanted some more time alone to think and process what Baekhyun told her, it just felt like a too perfect dream. And when something seems too good to be true they usually are.

Jindeok held her breath as she knocked on the door. When Baekhyun opened the door the air rushed out of her with a question she couldn't hold back, it had been the loudest in her mind. She needed the answer before she entered the apartment again.

“Did you really recognize me at the Con?” she blurted out.

Baekhyun paused from opening the door wider so she could enter and stared at her with a reddening face. His mouth moved to answer, but his head bobbed in answer.

“Then why did you act like that?” she asked.

“I ,” was his only response.

Jindeok eyed him, not understanding what that meant.

Baekhyun ran a hand through his red hair tousling the neat locks. His cheeks were pink, his ears and neck red as he shuffled awkwardly in the doorway. Jindeok waited with sweaty hands and a pounding heart.

“I just , okay? People aren't wrong when they call me a diva,” he said in embarrassment.

“So,” Jindeok murmured pushing her hair our of her face as she stared at the equally as flustered boy. “So do you really . . . l-like m-m-me?”

Baekhyun's posture snapped pin straight and his eyes widened as he gazed back at her. He looked like a child that had just been caught red handed.

“B-Baekhyun?” she pressed when he didn't reply.

“Huh? Uh, yes,” Baekhyun nodded furiously.

Jindeok charged forward and wrapped her arms around him, pressing her face into his chest. For a second Baekhyun froze just standing there, but then he reacted and his arms encircled her. They stayed there for a while holding onto one another, Jindeok listening to the thumping heartbeat under her ear in Baekhyun's chest. The noise was soothing and reassuring and put a smile on her face.

“Wanna play Outlast?” Baekhyun suddenly asked.

Pulling back slightly Jindeok looked up at his face with knitted brows. “You haven't finished it yet?”

“I haven't played it since that first day,” Baekhyun answered honestly.

“Why?”

“I started playing with you, I couldn't go on alone. It's improper gaming etiquette,” he muttered.

Jindeok clucked her tongue. “Liar. You're too scared to go on alone.” She pushed out of his arms with an eye roll and made her way into the apartment.

“Am not,” he whined back.

“You get to feel like the strong man when I shriek like a little girl and you can't deny it,” she countered.

Shutting the front door Baekhyun mumbled, “Well that may be true.”

“Oppa,” she complained.

“Okay my turn for questions,” he declared marching over to where Jindeok stood by the mouth of the hallway. She stared at him with a brow raised as he planted himself right in front of her. “In what sense are you calling me oppa?”

“Um, in the sense that you're older than me,” she replied slowly, unsure of why he was asking such a strange question.

His gaze narrowed at her. “So it's not because I was once considered your brother?”

“Not anymore, I guess,” she shrugged.

Sighing in relief Baekhyun dropped his forehead onto her shoulder. “Good, I wasn't sure if I should enjoy being called oppa or not,” he grumbled pleasantly.

“You're weird oppa.”

Baekhyun wrapped his arms around her and began lifting her off her feet. She squeaked startled as he chuckled and began carrying her towards his office.

“You should be nice to me, I am older than you,” he said cheekily.

“Wow,” she deadpanned.

They were now in Baekhyun's office and he sat her down to look at her face with a raised brow. “What?” he inquired.

“How does all that ego fit in such a tiny guy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter