Glass

Of Coffee, Love, and Other Things That Leave Stains (Part 6)

Today (the day after the beach) the boys are leaving for Japan.  They have month long promotions for a new mini album that is being released there within the next couple of days.  I am not part of the styling crew who was chosen to go with; JYP wants me in Korea to work with Miss A, who are releasing a new album and need new style concepts.

           I am used to being separated from Junsu for blocked-periods of time while he is off globe-trotting with 2PM, so this time was going to be no different or at least that’s what I thought…but the events at the beach the day before had, apparently, changed that.

           I head to the boys dorm knowing full well Junsu, my Daegu man, will be there alone.  Taecyeon is really good about making sure we get an opportunity to say goodbye to each other with privacy a.k.a. Taecyeon practically kidnaps the rest of 2PM so I can have time with Junsu before he leaves.

           “Junsu, I’m here” I announce as I walk in.

           “I’m in the kitchen” he directs me.

           When I enter the kitchen I find Junsu sitting at the serving counter holding a cup of coffee in his hands.  He is just looking down at his mug while swirling the rich, brown liquid inside.  I know something is wrong immediately.

           “What’s up? You ok?” I cautiously question him.

           “Oh, you know, the usual,” he responds in a tone that worries me. *Am I in trouble?* I inwardly question. “My girlfriend is enjoying the company of Nichkhun more than that of her boyfriend” Junsu flatly states.

           “What? Junsu, what’s that ab-“

           “YAH! I’m talkin’ here” he yells; in his anger he resorts back to his gangster-like dialect. “If you’re gonna cheat on me, don’t be so frickin’ obvious ‘bout it a-least”.

           “Wait! What? Cheat on you…w-with Nichkhun.” I sputter out, “You know we’re close, he was my first friend when I started working here” I try to remain calm, getting angry and hysteric would not help at the current moment.  “I know you also know I would never cheat on you, and after all we’ve been through to be together.  What’s this really about?”

           “This girl” Junsu breathes to the space between us while looking away from me.  Then suddenly: “YAH!” At the same time he lifts his mug off the counter, and slams it back down.  The sound of glass hitting stone counter reverberates throughout the dorm.

           My face must be displaying my feelings of intense shock, and deep worry because the moment Junsu’s glaring eyes caught mine his gaze softens.  He then mumbles something barely audible under his breath, but before either of us had a chance to recover from the forceful sound of glass on stone the rest of 2PM walk in.

           I am still so flustered from the sudden outburst of Junsu, the sound still echoing in my mind, that when the boys come in I simply say goodbye to everyone.  I wish them a fun time in Japan, along with successful promotions, and with one last look at the similarly dazed Junsu, I leave.