Castle

Of Coffee, Love, and Other Things That Leave Stains (Part 6)

I have been dating Kim Junsu for two years now; you know JunKay, Jundyu, Panda, the Daegu Grandfather, the Daegu Fool, or whatever other nicknames fans have for him.  To me he was just Junsu, my Junsu.  Well like I said, I have been dating him for two years now, and today was one of those glorious days that 2PM had off, so I too took a day off from work to spend time with my Junsu.

           “Hurry up!” Junsu shouts in his dissatisfied-and-grandfather-like way, “I’m not getting any younger here”.

           “Yes grandfather, we’re coming,” responds a grinning Taecyeon. 

           I lightly touch Junsu’s arm which causes him to turn towards me: “Relax, you’re supposed to enjoy a day off, not rush through it” I half-heartedly scold through laughter.

           “Aish!  But these kids…I just want to get to the beach” Junsu tells me with a slight whine.

           Well, it wasn’t long before we had made it to the beach (the car ride was quiet, everyone but the driver and me fell asleep). Junsu and I both had our traditions on our beach trips.  Junsu usually lazes around under an umbrella reading and sleeping. While everytime I visit the beach I have to make a sandcastle.  There’s just something about making one, and watching it slowly wash away when the tide comes in that always has me mesmerized; I can’t explain it.

           “Are you going to work on your sandcastle now?” Junsu asks me as soon as we arrive.  He knows me so well!

           “Yep!  I would ask you to join me, but I know you won’t” I reply teasing him. “Go have fun lazing on the beach.  I’ll come join you when I’m done”.  I send him off with a quick kiss, and we go our separate ways.

           I have only just sat down to start building my sandcastle when someone’s shadow blocks my sunlight, and I hear someone ask “May I join you?”

           I look up to find Nichkhun standing in front of me.

           “Why of course you can!” I smile up at him. 

           “Well, if we are going to do this right, it’s going to have to be grand scale!” Nichkhun puts forth the challenge. I, of course, am up for it, so we spend two hours building the most spectacular sandcastle I have ever seen in person.

           “YAH! Nichkhun, stop burying my foot, you’re supposed to be helping” I giggle while trying to sound intimidating. 

           “But I am making you a sandal…” He jokes as I notice he was designing the sand to look like a flip-flop on a foot.  With this we both start laughing.  “And anyways, our sandcastle is all done except for the finishing decoration”.  He hands me a shell that we have been saving to place above the entrance to the castle.

           “Cha-Chang!” I proudly announce when the sandcastle is completed, we both stand back a ways to admire our work.  I get lost in watching the sandcastle, and don’t notice Nichkhun sneaking up on me with a bucket of water.

           “SNEAK ATTACK!” is all I hear as icy ocean water comes pouring down over my head.

           “Whoa” is all I can manage in my shock, “You’re so dead” I forewarn as I chase after Nichkhun.  Little do I know that my time spent with Nichkhun is being monitored closely by a loud, jealous, and stubborn Daegu grandpa. 

           After thoroughly losing in the water fight, I head over to Junsu who is now reading stretched out on a blanket under an umbrella.  He is being quieter than usual. *It must be because he is so engrossed in his book* I think as I notice this odd behavior.  After drying off a bit I lay myself down on my stomach next to Junsu.  I quickly move in to cuddle with him.  He picks up on this maneuver, and puts his arm around me pulling me into his chest.  All the while he continues to read his book.  I quickly fall into a comfortable sleep. 

           By the time the boys return to their dorm Junsu is still acting a bit off; he is usually the loudest of the 2PM members.  He is being unusually silent.  *Maybe he just needs to sleep whatever it is off, I’ll ask him about it tomorrow* is all I bother to think about it.