I.-

Nothing will be bigger than us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I love Sana so intensely that it hurts me. I picture her to be by my side all the time and I wish for us to fly away together from this and all the alternate realities, sadly, this reality it’s more difficult than my dreams.

Sana is beautiful and so smiley all the time that you don’t understand how someone like her could be so broken. But it’s the sad truth, she is broken, maybe beyond repair that is. What happened? Only she knows. What I know it’s that once she tried to spread her wings to fly, but like Icarus, himself, the kid who got too close to the sun, she got burned, and nothing was the same anymore. So she came back to her cage and stood here forever.

“I love you” I say, as we stare at each other under the lights of the elegant restaurant where we are having a fancy dinner. She smiles, brightly, as if my words have any meaning for her. Sana extends a hand and touches softly my left cheek, her smile unravels, it morphs into something more, something melancholic, not quite happy, but not painful, in the middle of it.

“I love you. You know I do” She answers with another smile, this time more guarded. I sigh, and play my last card.

“Be mine. Let’s escape together, let’s run away and begin again”

Sana’s eyes turn to ice, and her smile turns a fine line, I can’t see it but I know that her hands turn into fists.

“I can’t do that” She exhales, and looks away. “I can’t just leave, it’s not fair”

“Fair for who? For Mina? Sana, this is not healthy” I am angry and disappointed, there’s nothing harder than see the person you love chain themselves to something that never will blossom the way they expect. “Your relationship with her, it’s not healthy, it’s better for you to get away”

Sana laughed humorlessly.

“And what, Tzuyu? Let’s run away from the problems? Please, I know you are better than that” She sighs, clearly tired from this unexpected turn of things.

“Sana, I love you. I want you to be happy” My voice is strong, I don’t feel pain, far from that, I feel thrill.

She stares at me for a very long time, a pull on her lips.

“You know why I can’t be with you the way you want, right?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter