Chapter 5

Medium

No POV

“Always so busy, aren’t you?”

“Yoongi.” Sarang said. Yoongi hands her a cup of coffee. “Thanks.”

“What’s happening?”

“I’m trying to find news that will interest the viewers. So far I’m not getting anything.” She rubs her temples frustrated.

“Don’t worry.” Yoongi pats her head. “We’ll think of something.”

“Seeing you two being lovey dovey makes me want to vomit.” Hoseok said. “Don’t forget that I’m here. I get jealous too.”

Namjoon POV

“Hey guys. You hungry?” Hime said putting takeout boxes on the table. “I bought lunch.” She turns to me. “The lady got the order wrong so there’s extra serving, so, I guess you can have some if you want.”

I look at Jungkook and he gave me a ‘I told you so’ face. “Uh, sure. I guess. What is it?”

“Chicken, kimbap, And japchae. You...eat those right?”

“Does it matter? It’s not like you intentionally bought them for me, right?” I ask waiting for her reaction.

“Of course not. We’re not friends or anything. Why should I buy you food?” She shrug.

“Then, I don’t have to eat right? I’m leaving.” I said and walk out.

Hime POV

“Why can’t you just be honest and tell him the truth?” Jungkook asks.

“Oh, you mean like you towards Sarang?”

“Don’t bring her up.” Jungkook said.

“Oh, can’t bear to hear her name? Maknae, you can’t even be honest, so why are you lecturing me on honesty?” I ran out after Namjoon.

Namjoon POV

“Hey!” Hime shouts running after me and I break out in a smile.

“Yes?” I turn to her trying to maintain a poker face.

“Uh, there’s really more than enough food. Don’t waste my money and help us eat them.” She said looking everywhere except me.

I chuckle. “Why don’t you just tell me the truth?”

“What truth?”

“That you’re treating me because I donated my monthly salary to the Shin family.”

“Huh? Who says?”

“Jungkook.”

She let out a sigh in defeat. “Fine. I felt bad. Please go eat the food I bought for you. Don’t waste my money.”

********************************************

We all sat in our office eating the food Hime brought and Areum walks in.

“Hime’s here?”

“Hello to you too.” Hime greets Areum. “I bought them lunch.”

“Hime? Bought them lunch? Is it going to rain? Or is lightening going to strike?” Hime roll her eyes and didn’t say any anything.

“I thought the same thing when she bought us seafood soup yesterday.”

“She even bought you food yesterday?” Areum gasp. “The world is going to explode.”

“Why do you guys always do this to me? I bought you guys food more than you guys buy me food. Remember our high school years. I bought you guys food two times a month!”

Areum and Jungkook laughs. “We’re playing. It’s just that, in college you said that you won’t buy us food anymore, but here we are, eating food that Hime bought.”

“Whatever. Anyways, check it out.” Hime said showing us something on Taehyung’s computer. We all turn to look. “I’ve received more than $500,000 and it’s only been two days. If this keeps up, we’ll get $100,000 soon for the Shin family.” She smiles.

“Nice.” Jungkook said.

“Hime, you’re awesome.” Taehyung gave her a thumbs up.

“Pfft. Tell me something I don’t know.”

“Captain Jeon.” An officer walks in. “We need you.”

“Now?”

“Yes.”

Taehyung, Jungkook and I follow the officer into Superintendent Seo’s office.

“Here.” He hands a file to Jungkook. “We believe that someone is trying to harm him and you will be in charge of this case.”

Jungkook open the files. “Why me? Why can’t someone else do it? Taehyung? Namjoon?”

“He personally requested for you. Namjoon and Taehyung can help too, but he wants you to be the closest to him.”

“I see. I’ll do it, I guess.” Jungkook sighs and we all head back to the office.

Jungkook toss the file onto his desk and let out another huge sigh.

“What’s wrong?” Areum asks.

“He has a bodyguard mission to take care of.” Taehyung said.

“Why do you look like that?” Areum asks.

“Like what?”

“Like you don’t want to do it.”

“He didn’t.” Taehyung said.

“Why? Who is it?” Areum asks.

“Mister Min.”

“Oh. I see.” Areum said pressing her lips together. “Um, it can’t be that bad, right?”

********************************************

After lunch, we all went to see the man Jungkook is in charge of protecting. Technically, Taehyung and I are helping too, but whatever. Jungkook will be by his side. Areum and Hime tag along too “cause they want to see him too”, was their reason. Jungkook went to talk to someone and they lead him to the person. He was sitting in a conference room talking to Yoongi. Jungkook knocks on the door catching their attention.

“Hey Jungkook and Areum.” Yoongi said. “Why are you here? Namjoon too.”

“I’m here as a bodyguard.” Jungkook replies.

“Darling.” A woman walked into the room with Sarang behind her. “What are you two doing here?!” She shouts in disgust.

“I’m here to protect Mister Min.”

Yoongi chuckle. “Why ‘Mister Min’ And not ‘father’?”

“Hy-”

“Don’t you dare call my son hyung or my husband father!” Mrs. Min shouts.

“Mother!” Yoongi yells. “We have guests. A whole lot of them.”

“Whatever.” She growls and storms out of the room.

“Anyways, we should introduce each other. Sarang come here.” She stood next to Yoongi. “Sarang, this is Namjoon, my friend. This is Areum and Jungkook. They’re my half-siblings.”

“Siblings.” Sarang chokes out.

“Namjoon, Areum and Jungkook, this is my fiancée, Song Sarang.”

“Fiancée.” Jungkook whispers.

Hime looks at Jungkook, Sarang, then Yoongi. “Awkward.” She said making Areum elbow her.

“Sarang and I already know each other.” Areum said. “We’re friends from junior high. Yoongi oppa, this is Hime. Junior high friend along with Sarang.”

“Hello.” Yoongi And Hime greets each other.

“Naturally, Hime is friends with Jungkook and Jungkook’s friend over here, Taehyung.”

“Hi~” Taehyung waves enthusiastically.

“Wow, you’re all school friends except for me and Namjoon. Small world huh?”

“Oh, so small you won’t believe.” Hime said making Areum elbow her again.

No POV

Jungkook walk down the stairs excusing himself to the restroom and Sarang ran after him. She grabs him by his arm and pulls him to a more isolated area.

“You didn’t tell me that your father was Mister Min.”

“Why? If you knew that my father was a billionaire who owns a TV station, you wouldn’t need to break up with me for a richer man?”

“Is that how you think of me?”

“I’m just stating what I see.” Jungkook said. “If you’ll excuse me, I need to go to the restroom.” I walk past her.

“You have different surnames!” Sarang shouts.

“I took my mother’s surname.” Jungkook replies not looking at her and walks off.

Sarang pulls out a necklace from under her shirt with a ring attached. “Siblings.” She mumble clenching the item in her hand.

“Sarang. Sarang?”

“I’m here.” Sarang said tucking the necklace under her shirt and ran towards Yoongi.

“Are you ok?”

“Yes.” She nods. “I’m fine.”

“Good. You suddenly disappeared so I was a bit worried.”

“Don’t worry. I’m fine.”

“Let’s go back to the others.” Sarang nods and they head back.

“Yoongi oppa.” Sarang said.

“Hm?”

“You’ve never told me you had siblings.”

“Ah, that’s true. Sorry about that. Does it bother you?”

“No! Not at all. But, what about you? You are half-siblings.”

Yoongi chuckles. “I love them. I’m an only child and I really wanted siblings, so when I found out that I have two other siblings — even though they’re only half — I am very happy. Both Jungkook and Areum are very lovable.” Yoongi turns to Sarang. “Of course, I love you too.”

Jungkook POV

“Are you ok?” Hime asks me the moment I walk out of the restroom.

“I’m fine. Why?”

“I don’t know Jungkook. You’re ex-girlfriend is your half-brother’s fiancée. I know you still love her.”

“Well, I can’t do anything but congratulate them. I mean, Yoongi hyung is a wonderful man.”

“Baby-”

“I know you’re worried about me, but I’ll be fine. I mean, I can trust Yoongi hyung to take care of her and treat her right.” I said. “Let’s go back to the others.” I dismiss the topic.

“So, Mister Min-”

“Father.” Yoongi corrects me.

“So, Mister Min,” I repeat. “What makes you think you’re in danger and need me to be your personal bodyguard?”

Namjoon POV

“I feel like someone has been watching me. Watching my every move.”

“Do you have any enemies?” I ask.

“Hm. I’m not sure. But I am a business man. Business men has a lot of enemies.”

“Are they alive?”

“Hime!” Areum shouts. “Don’t mind her, father.”

“I don’t mind. She’s like you, right?”

“Mm.” Areum nods. “But better.”

“I see.” Their father chuckle. “I remember you coming home one day saying you made a friend like you, so this is the one.”

Areum nods again. “The one and only.”

“Back to the topic.” Jungkook said. “How do you think I can help you?”

“Just be my bodyguard and protect me?” He said unsure. “I don’t know how this works. I don’t even know if I’m really being targeted.”

“I think you should just stick around. Subtly. If the suspect sees you around your fa- ah, Mr. Min and suddenly one day you’re gone, they will attack right away. So be subtle and just stick around to catch the unknown suspect.”

“Ok.” Jungkook nods at my instruction. “Sounds like a plan.”

“What do I do?” Taehyung asks pointing to himself.

“Nothing. You and I will be doing nothing. Well, not exactly nothing. Jungkook will be by his fa- ah, Mr. Min’s side. You and I will be at the office and switch with Jungkook and check in on them once in a while to make sure everything is ok.”

“That’s it?”

“Yes, that’s it. Sorry there is no grand plan for us.” I pat his back. “So, Jungkook, we’ll head back. You stay with your fa- um, here. Just stick around here. C’mon.” I pull Taehyung out.

********************************************

“Well, that was awkward.” Hime said coming out of the building.

“Tell me about it. I didn’t know if I should call Jungkook’s father, his father or Mister Min.” I huff out.

“Call him Mr. Min.” Jungkook said startling me.

“Why?” Yoongi asks. “We’re siblings. He’s my father. He’s your father.”

“I’m working, Yoongi-s-” Yoongi stares at Jungkook with a raised brow. “Hyung. Yoongi hyung.”

“You were just about to call me Yoongi-ssi.” Yoongi said squinting his eyes at Jungkook.

“Your mom will flip if I call you hyung.”

“Ignore her. I want you to call me hyung, whether you’re working or not.”

“Why are we all out here?” I ask.

“I’m going back to work.” Areum said.

“I’m walking her out.” Both Yoongi and Jungkook said in sync.

“I’m going to work too.” Hime states and walks off.

--------------------------------------------------

Ok. After this super dramatic chapter, let’s review the more important characters.

Kim Hime

•Architect

•Friends with Areum, Sarang, Jungkook and Taehyung

•Medium

(Still not much info about her LOL, and she’s the main character. •-•” Fight me.)

 

Kim Namjoon

•Police Officer

•Status: Captain

•Partners: Taehyung and Jungkook

 

Jeon Areum

•Surgeon

•Jungkook’s older twin sister

•Younger half-sibling of Yoongi

 

Song Sarang

•News reporter at Honey News

•Jungkook’s ex-girlfriend

•Yoongi’s fiancée

•Friends with Hime and Areum

 

Jeon Jungkook

•Police Officer

•Status: Captain

•Partners: Namjoon and Taehyung

•Younger twin brother of Areum

•Younger half-brother of Yoongi

•Sarang’s ex-boyfriend

 

Min Yoongi

•CEO of Honey News

•Older half-brother of Areum and Jungkook

•Sarang’s fiancé
 

Kim Taehyung

•Police Officer

•Status: Captain

•Partners: Namjoon and Jungkook