여섯

Wiseacre's Wizarding Equipment

She wakes up, only to realise that she was no longer hugging a certain angry-bird looking human, but in his place was a dragon shaped bolster that was almost as tall as her (in fact, it was taller).

She also realised that it emitted some sort of warmth, like body heat, and she snuggles closer to it. Closing her eyes, she was seconds from drifting off again, until she hears a chirpy voice.

"Good morning, Yerim!" Startled, she jolts awake, and instinctively shrinks back to the other end of the bed.

"E-erm, hi?" She replies hesitantly, pulling herself up so she could sit up, hugging the bolster to her chest.

Her eyes land on a very pretty man, who looked even prettier than herself! (Not that she was jealous or anything...)

He clears his throat awkwardly (was it a common habit the brothers' shared?) and asked if she needed any help getting down. 

She had shook her head, not wanting to bother him, but after watching her struggle for a minute or so, he decided to pull out his wand to add a slide to the side of the bed, enabling her to get down with ease (and with more fun!). He also made the bed less cushion-y (temporarily) so she wouldn't sink back into the covers.

She was slightly apprehensive of the weird looking thing, but seeing that Luhan was waiting for her expectantly, she squeezed her eyes and pushed herself down, bracing for impact.

Plop! Being a first-time rider meant that she had no idea that she had to extend her legs out to touch the ground for getting up, which meant that she landed with a soft thud, onto the pillow right at the bottom of the slide (despite the slide being only a meter tall). She giggled, eyes sinking into tiny crescents; the tiny rush of excitement as she zoomed doen the slide was the most thrilling thing the 5-year-old had ever expereinced.

Snapping out of her moment, she glanced back at Luhan just to gauge his reaction; he doesn't look angry, so she assumes she had done it correctly. "Good job, Yerim!" He clapped, and she returned a smile. Thank goodness, she thinks. 

"Where are we going today, Lu...han?" She asked, as they made their way to the dining table for what she would assume to be breakfast.

"How about Tao and I bring to the park? I think you'd like it there. There are many slides, like that one." He pointed at the object she slid down before. She assumes she got his name pronounced right as he did not correct her, and grins to herself. 

She didn't respond, busy smiling to herself. He shakes his head and repeats his question again.

"Oo... do kids go there often?" She finally says.

She hadn't really been to parks, so she wasn't completely against the idea, although she was slightly wary. She does recall her mother telling her of a place where there was lots of grass and trees and space to run, and that children were so happy that they were reluctant to leave. Daddy wouldn't be there, would he? The thought that she he might be there, waiting to get her, made a chill run down her spine. 

"Yeah, they play in the sand, run around... have you never gone to the park before?"

She shakes her head, mostly to get the negative thoughts out of her head. She had ran away from that monster. She will be safe now.

Seeing that she was distracted with her thoughts, Luhan decides to take this opportunity to take his leave. Maybe she wants a little time to herself, he thinks. 

"Well then, we'll make sure you get an experience you'll never forget." He ruffles her hair lightly, and she flinches slightly (out of habit) before leaning into his comforting touch. 

He leaves her on her own as he leaves to gather what they need for their little outing.

As soon as he steps out of her room, she sighs.

"I'm going to be okay, right?" She climbs back onto the bed to ask her squirtle doll, who was sitting comfortably atop the folded blankets.

She places her palm behind it's head and pushes it forward, using her other hand to hold the doll, to make it seem as if the doll is nodding it's head in agreement.

"Yes. I am going to be okay."

---

"Yerim~ Are you ready to go?" 

A vaguely familiar face peeks through the doorway, just as Kai adds the finishing touches to her braids. After looping some ribbons around the the two fishtail ends, he oats her shoulders. "Done! Off you go, princess."

"Thank you, Kai!" She twirls the braids around her fingers, smiling as she watches them fall onto her shoulders.

"Kai oppa, you mean." He gently reminds.

"Kai oppa." She says again, and he grins in satisfaction. "Have fun, Yerim."

"I will!"

---

Her tiny hand squeezed Luhan's tightly as she entered the play ground. Everything looked so big and weird, like in some picture book she had read long ago. 

She does a quick scan. Thankfully, it wasn't particularly crowded, just a handful of small families with their children. She didn't see her father at all, despite looking at angle possible. Heaving a sigh of relief, she softens her grip on Luhan's.

Still, she didn't know what to do or where to start, so she looked at the two for help.

Tao, on the other hand, had already ditched the two of them, running towards the swings to plopping his on one of the seats. Seeing that he was having so much fun, she tugged Luhan's hand and pointed in Tao's direction. "Can I try that too?" 

"And what's the magic word?" Luhan playfully teases. 

The little girl thinks for a while. "Abracadrabra?" 

Luhan face palms. "How about please?"

Yeri's eyes widen in realisation. "S-sorry! I didn't mean to be rude!" She apologises profusely, immediately letting go of his hand to put her hands together, rubbing them in apology  Seeing that she seemed a little upset, Tao, who was looking at the pair, gave Luhan a sharp glare. Luhan raised his arms defensively.

"It's alright, Yerim. I was just reminding you, that's all. There's no need to worry about being rude, okay? We won't hurt you, we'll guide you along the way." He crouches down to her height to assure her that she was not in trouble, and gently rubs her back to calm her. 

"Thank you." She says after the ordeal, putting a smile on the deer-boy's face. "No problemo! Now, m'lady, would you like to try the swings out?" He offers her his hand again, and she takes it.

---

"Weee!" She screams gleefully, smiling from ear to ear as Luhan pushes her higher and higher.

Luhan looks over at the little girl and chuckles. "Be careful not to let go, okay?" He couldn't help but caution.

She nods, gripping onto the chain tighter. 

"Higher, please!"

"As you wish, m'lady." 

She bursts into another fit of giggles, and he pushes her even higher. 

He tries to keep it at a safe height, (which is, one metre off the ground), but Yeri was starting to feel adventurous. "Can Tao oppa push me higher?" She wonders aloud. 

Her insult bruises his ego, and he clutches his heart in mock pain. Tao, who overheard their conversation, pushes Luhan aside. "I'll do it." He announces, and Yeri dances in her seat excitedly.

Luhan bites his lip in apprehension. Leaving a literal baby with a bigger baby wasn't a very wise decision, but he didn't want to disappoint her, and instead, he watches cautiously from the side, warning Tao when it got too high.

"Oh come on, a little height won't kill." Assures Tao.

Famous last words.

All at once, her tiny fingers slip from the chains holding the seat, sending the younger girl flying. Her heart was in as she fell, getting closer and closer to the cold, unforgiving snow. She desperately wished that it would all stop.

And it did. 

Luhan, who had been watching them, swiftly pulls his wand out and shouts, "Arresto Momentum!" With a flash, her movements halted, and he scooped her into his arms carefully, knowing that she'd be too shaken to stand up properly.

"Are you alright, Yerim?" He asks, craddling her tiny body to his chest, truly relieved. "I wouldn't have ever forgiven myself if you'd fallen."

At that moment, when she was more afraid than anything (having faced a near death experience), his embrace provided her with warmth and comfort, a feeling she had suppressed in fears that she would get too attached. With her tiny little arms, she hugs him back, burying her face into his chest. "I was so scared..." She admits, before bursting into tears. 

Tao rushes over to check up on the girl, and gives Luhan a sheepish grin, who gives him stern glare in response.

"We'll discuss this later." He says, causing the guilt-stricken boy to look down in shame. 

Carefully, he adjusted the position his arms were in so that she was held upright, with an arm supporting her bottom and another resting on her back to rub comforting circles on it. 

"It's alright, we'll always be there to keep you safe. See, I managed to use my magic to stop you from falling! All twelve of us have this wonderful gift, and we will all protect you, from anybody, so you don't have to worry about anything." He comforts, and soon her tears are reduced to soft hiccups. 

"Would you like us to go home, or eat out?" He asks, sensing that the little girl would need something to fill her stomach after all that crying.

She thinks that she definitely does not want to impose more of a burden by going out to eat, so she decides to go home to eat.

And hence, she is pleasantly surprised when they end up at KFC anyways. 

"Why are we here?" She asks. This doesn't look like home, did they teleport to the wrong place? (I know it's apparate but the 5 year old thinks it teleportation and what am I going to do; correct her?)

"So erm... I apparated to wrong place by accident." Tao admits, chuckling sheepishly. "Maybe we could buy chicken for the rest at home?" He begs his older hyung, using his puppy eyes. "Pleaasee, I want to eat chicken!" He whines, uncharacteristical of a 19 year old, causing Yerim to giggle. 

Luhan doesn't seem so sure about the idea. "But Yerim wanted to go home to eat lunch. Yerim, would you like to eat here instead?" He addresses the younger girl, completely ignoring Tao.

She looks into Tao's puppy eyes and decides that she should not deprive him of his chicken. Besides, she really likes chicken as well, especially since it was quite a luxury to do so while living with her father. When he was in a good mood, he gave her half an entire piece, and that was the best thing she'd ever eaten in her life (before she tasted Kyungsoo's cooking).

"I wanna eat chicken too... can we?" She tugs his sleeve gently, giving him the puppy dog eyes as well. 

Luhan sighs in defeat. "Alright, but if Suho nags at you for not taking care of your health, it's not my fault."

---

They narrowly escape an earful from Suho, whose heart softened as soon as he saw her happily devouring the fried chicken.

 

A/N I've started to get back into writing and I think I'm quite pleased with this chapter~ hope yall like it too!

Comment on which date you'll like to see next, or if you'd prefer if I continued doing it in (somewhat) age order. Also please tell me how I can improve my fic and if you like it so far! Thank you to the  comments on this story I have gotten so far, I'm hoping I can say that I've raked up more than that in the next chapter!

See yall next time~