Yuta the (Tooth) Fairy Pt 2

Supernatural Encounters

“What.” Aeri paused before asking him again, her brows were furrowed. “Were you messing with me? I-.” Her words faltered feeling quite emotional - she felt she was played and ridiculed on. After being classmates with Yuta she felt so small making her believe that the fairy was real. Questions filled her mind as she looked at him - weren't faries small? have wings? why would he be a human or something?

Clearly, to her. He was just messing.

“No no no. Aeri. That was what- two in the morning? And we were like- what- twelve? Ten?” Yuta asks, his head dipping down slightly to peek at her flushed face. He seemed he was explaining rather than asking. “Why would my parents let me- well of course they did, I was your fairy- I mean, mhm. Think, Aeri. I thought you believed in me. Hm.” He continues as he places both of his palms against her shoulders, giving it a slight shake.

The girl simply sighed before she looked up, meeting his gaze. “But-” she purses her lips in, wanting to throw more questions but Yuta had cut off her thoughts.

“There are a lot of questions you want to ask. I know. Knowing that you absolutely have no idea why you’re wearing that necklace and you’re in that school.” He rubs his nape sheepishly, he knows better than to invite himself to someone else’s situation. “Your brothers would know a lot for sure. I’m not in the position to disclose anything… Now let’s get you home before the big bad wolf catches you.” He chuckled as he places his palm on the small of her back, leading the way towards Aeri’s humble abode.

Aeri held on her pendant, rolling it in between her fingers as they walked. Yuta stopped his tracks as they stopped in front of the old inn. “I still don’t believe you.” She simply mumbled. “You could be messing with me.” She said as she looked up at Yuta.

“That tooth annoyed you so much. Once you noticed it was loose you kept on moving it until it came off. It only took you less than a day.” He said, a brow quirked up a bit as his arms fold across his chest. Aeri’s arms were on her hips not convinced with the reason.

“Oh come on.. Jung Jaehyun was your first love.“ Yuta started but Aeri stopped him immediately. “WHAT. Wait- no no no. No one knows that!” she had her palm against his mouth. Yuta was chuckling underneath her hands before he wraps his long fingers around her tiny wrist, peeling it off her.

“Your tooth fairy knows.” He winked before turning to his heel. “Ja ne!” he said waving a hand as he walked on.

---

Aeri shut the door of her oldest brother's study gently, her lips were pressed on a tight line. She was eager to get answers; she wanted to know whether Yuta was playing and was just really observant.

"What's wrong?" Minseok asked, his gaze followed her as she inches closer to his messy desk - papers and documents were sprawled across the wodden table. It was the polar opposite from his usual neat and organized self.

Aeri helped herself on the chair in front of his desk, her head hung low mumbling her intentions. "Tell me something I don't know."

Minseok immediately knew what she meant. They were bound to explain everything before her school started but it was difficult. Seeing her enjoy a completely normal human life was what she deserved, away from the complicated system or living she was about to meet or she was simply destined to be in. He tried to brush it off, “I was the one who ate your canned peaches-“

“Oppa.” Her voice came out demanding as she lifted her head to meet his concerned gaze. “I think you know.” she continued.

Minseok let out a sigh and nodded as he threw her a small smile. He placed the document he was reviewing on top of his mess, giving her full attention. “I guess so. What do you know so far?”

“That I don't know what this is.. and what my school is and apparently, I met my tooth fairy.” she replied as she held on her pendant, her curious eyes were on his.

"That's just one of many things." One said from the direction of the room's entrance. Her head moved towards the voice, lips slightly jutting out. "I feel at ease that you met your tooth fairy tho." Yifan added as he walked towards her.

Minseok nodded in agreement. "They're quite loyal to their children especially to non-locals like us." 

Aeri's head was throbbing, she was simply becoming even more confused with the little information they were disclosing. "I really don't.. understand."

"We'll talk after dinner, Aeri." Yifan said as he left the room.

---

"So, what you're saying me all of the fairy tales are true? And my current school only accepts magical creatures and people who have lived closely with these... people?" Aeri questioned her brothers.

"Not exactly- Some locals have twisted or was just inspired by these magical creatures." Kyungsoo explained.

"What are locals, non-locals, guardians, creatures? There's just so many terms-" she whined as she stabbed her fork on her empty plate making Kyungsoo take the fork from her.

"Locals are non-magic beings. Non-locals are magical beings like humanoid creatures, human-like creatures, monsters and everything else that's not human." Sehun answered for her. "You are a non-local. Like us." he added.

"Yi Zhuo mama, gathered and educated non-locals making sure they wouldn't be blinded with what their abilities. That's why she was a foster parent. She had an eye for non-locals, well abandoned ones." Joonmyun explained.

"She had a diverse group of children! It was crazy." Chanyeol exclaimed, chuckling as he thought of the memories.

"But why were you the one's who stuck together?" she followed up.

"We're a werewolf pack and mama was our alpha. Now it's Joonmyun and Yifan is our beta. The rest are deltas." Jongin was the one to answer now.

"Am I- a werewolf too?" she asked. "That would make me an- omega. Right?" she added, remembering how wolf packs in the animal kingdom had ranks of some sort.

"Omega- no no. Aeri. No you're not a werewolf but you are still part of our pack. You're just like a pup but not an omega." Jongdae assures her, carressing her nape as he was just sitting beside her.

"As for who you are, we'll have to wait. Yi Zhuo mama never told us.. She had someone cast a masking spell over you for seventeen years and even made you wear that concealing pendant on top of it, that's pretty rare and popular so I'm pretty sure everyone in your school is curious what you really are. It's actually pretty useless.. For now, unless you wish to conceal your scent and your natural state in the future." Yixing comments as he kept his eye on Aeri's pendant.

"We can't answer all of your question's as well Aeri. We just know this much about you.. We just have to wait." Lu Han said as he stood up and walks towards Aeri to place a gentle kiss on her forehead.

---

"So..." Yuta flashed a wide grin to Aeri, he was sitting rather comfortably on her desk. "What have you discovered?" he continued on.

"A lot and you're.. such a girly- you. What do you do with my teeth though." she looked up at him with a teasing smile. 

Yuta then settles himself on his seat as he answers, "Collect them, preserve your memories- at least your significant ones, like puppy loves, embarrasing moments-"

"Sh shh!" she cut off him, throwing a few notebooks towards his direction. Her face was flushed, remembering how he remembered Jung Jaehyun. "But-." she paused for a moment before continuing on, "We don't know what I am until my birthday."

Yuta nods as he gathers the notebooks."I'll be with you, don't worry."

-------

A/N: So there- I actually forgot to post this wow. I got the idea of tooth = memories from Rise of the Guardians.