Prologue

Supernatural Encounters

"Aeri! It's already night time!" Jongin taunted his adopted sister as he knocked on her white door. Her door was decorated with stickers giving it a touch of her own. The rest of the boys' doors simply had names stuck on it- just because she insisted on putting it on when she was younger. "You'll be late for school, plus I know how much you hate Joonmyun hyung's nagging. Get up and get ready." he added as he opened the door just a little bit for her to hear him.

Aeri groaned as she sat up from her bed, it would be a lie if she said Jongin was the one who woke her up but it was always the restless and busy feet of her brothers dragging across the wooden hallway that manages to disturb her slumber every single morning. "I know.." she simply replied before Jongin closes the door to give her privacy.

Late. It’s just 6am. She rolls her eyes as she took a quick glance at her wall clock. She went on prepping herself up- taking a bath in her own bathroom before putting her uniform on.

“The uniform suits you.” a voice surprised her as she got out of her bathroom. “Baekhyun oppa.” She sighed out, her palm were against her chest. “You surprised me!” she comments as she sat down on her bed taking the space beside him. “Sorry. I’m just excited for your first day of senior high.” He said as he ruffled her hair, messing it. You’ll be seventeen soon. He thought. “..so soon.” He managed to whisper but enough for her to hear it. “What’s so soon?” she asks instinctively as he stood up. “Breakfast will be ready soon. Kyungsoo wouldn’t be happy if you ate like a bird again. Go head to the dining room if you’re all done.” He replied with a slight smile before turning to his heel, leaving her in her room.  She, too, soon left bringing her backpack following her older brother’s trail.

The “Ning” household kept a unique set of orphans. She, Yi Zhuo, was a single lady who had no plans of getting married volunteered to be a foster parent- it was a difficult to pass as the orphanages was sceptical if she could be a parent if she was alone. Somehow, she managed it, meeting over twenty kids and eventually adopting twelve boys and one girl who she loved dearly. However, of course, all good comes to end. Yi Zhuo had deceased because of old age- something Aeri never understood, she looked young. She shrugged off the old memories, thinking her brain might be remembering wrong but the more she tries to remember the more blurry Yi Zhuo-mama, as she called, face becomes.

The photos around the household though showed an old lady, with a happy face easing her confusion from her memories a tad bit. It was a bit odd but she never dwelled in it that much.

The place was an old small inn which Yi Zhuo had bought as she realized she had taken too much orphans in for her own place. It was now transformed into a more modern place, looking like a mansion. All thanks to Joonmyun’s (and the others’ of course) earnings.

“Kim Minseok, Lu Han, Wu Yifan, Zhang Yixing, Byun Baekhyun, Kim Jongdae, Park Chanyeol, Do Kyungsoo, Huang Zitao, Kim Jongin, Oh Sehun and.. Ji Aeri.” Junmyeon counted as they sat on the long dining table.

Aeri exchanged glances towards her elder brothers, quite confused with their setup. They usually minded their own business but everyone was settled for breakfast.

“Uhm?” she muttered out meekly, suddenly feeling quite small in front of twelve men. “It’s just my first day guys, plus the school is nearer. Why does it seem like we’re celebrating.”

“We just want to eat breakfast together.” Joonmyun said as he placed the plate of pancakes on top of the table, placing it in the middle. His smile seemed different though, it was as if he was genuinely ecstatic with something.

After the comfortable silence around their meal, they went on their own- some went to their day jobs and some went to their universities.

“I’ll see you guys later!” she chirped happily as she went on her own direction, making her way towards her new school.

---

A/N: Just a small something.